Post Your Gloves/Gear

I have been looking around for good mma gloves. Does anyone have a favorite place to get them? I was thinking about connecthit.com or someplace like that.

^Picked up these two products in the last couple weeks. They feel great value for the price they're at currently. Unified seem to be a really good UK brand for people with a 40-60GBP type of budget for their gloves and headguards. The headguard feels good and protective. I had some Unified Heavy Bag gloves as well which look like rebranded Rival RB10s, I've not owned a pair of Rival RB10s to compare them properly. The bag gloves were off weight by 4oz (meant to be 12oz) and there's a line of stitching at the fingertips that means people with long fingers will not find them comfortable, so I returned them before giving them any use, though they still seemed good quality for that price.

(edit: the Valour glove have started falling apart, I'm waiting to get a replacement and then I'll see what's up with them.)

The Valour gloves are basically Grant clones. The construction and materials are great (not Reyes/Winning great obviously). The leather has a nice smell to it that fills up the room. Mine are very stiff right now to begin with. To me they seem like they're one of the best pairs of gloves currently on offer from a UK brand at any price, and at about 62GBP incl. p&p after 10% discount code that makes them a real steal, but I've only just started using them so it's too early to know for sure.

47683813-314407372499169-6128196282965032960-n.jpg

Last edited:

^Picked up these two products in the last couple weeks. They feel great value for the price they're at currently. Unified seem to be a really good UK brand for people with a 40-60GBP type of budget for their gloves and headguards. The headguard feels good and protective. I had some Unified Heavy Bag gloves as well which look like rebranded Rival RB10s, I've not owned a pair of Rival RB10s to compare them properly. The bag gloves were off weight by 4oz (meant to be 12oz) and there's a line of stitching at the fingertips that means people with long fingers will not find them comfortable, so I returned them before giving them any use, though they still seemed good quality for that price.

The Valour gloves are basically Grant clones. The construction and materials are great (not Reyes/Winning great obviously). The leather has a nice smell to it that fills up the room. Mine are very stiff right now to begin with. To me they seem like they're one of the best pairs of gloves currently on offer from a UK brand at any price, and at about 62GBP incl. p&p after 10% discount code that makes them a real steal, but I've only just started using them so it's too early to know for sure.

I picked up a pair of these gloves as well along with a pair of their buffalo leather shin guards.

The shin guards are super light and comfortable.

I picked up a pair of these gloves as well along with a pair of their buffalo leather shin guards.

The shin guards are super light and comfortable.
how long have you had the gloves? thoughts on them?

how long have you had the gloves? thoughts on them?
I just got them recently. Have not had a real chance to use them. I think they need some time on the bag to soften up before trying them for sparring. The wrist protection is pretty good I find. The leather smell is really nice.

bought a nice pair of gloves about a month back, love love love them compared to my shitty old everlast pairs.

45477106_2298748336820755_5639700253339811840_n.jpg

Waiting on some Adidas combat speed .5's to come in the mail. Have never owned a pair of boxing/wrestling shoes before.

Interesting. Do you know where the Valour gloves are manufactured?

Interesting. Do you know where the Valour gloves are manufactured?
I assumed Pakistan just because they don't advertise anything to the contrary, but I might email them and ask now. One random youtube comment was "There are a sabas pro series prime!!! I like this company. Fill your boots!!!" which I suppose is his suggestion that the gloves are from the same factory as the Sabas Prime ones, I've no idea though.

Hello to everyone! I am starting kickboxing and I need some gloves. I don't have a big choise because the market here in Macedonia is pretty bad and I'm limited by money. The gloves I found the best are Venum Challenger 3.0(link below). What do you think about them and and has anyone used them? :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venum-Unis...webp_QL65&keywords=venum+challenger+3.0&psc=1

Here's a positive review that was posted about the Venum Challenger 2.0s, but keep in mind that the reviewer @Taskmaster99 paid about half as much as you'd be paying for these 3.0s on Amazon:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/venum-challenger-2-0-gloves-16oz-initial-review.2656255/

I'm not entirely sure which other brands post to Macedonia. Maybe ask these guys if they'll post there https://unifiedboxing.co.uk/ as they do quality stuff in your budget. Also @Gkfightgear have said that they post worldwide so if you navigate through their site https://www.nutritionking.co.uk they've got some decent gloves in your price range as well.

Last edited:
Just got the brand new Triumph United V1pers 16oz in lace up. Will be here on Wednesday. Expect a review soon.

They are made in Thailand, should I do a comparison review with my Fairtex and Yokkaos?

Just got the brand new Triumph United V1pers 16oz in lace up. Will be here on Wednesday. Expect a review soon.

They are made in Thailand, should I do a comparison review with my Fairtex and Yokkaos?
Would love to read a comparison between the brands, I’m looking at the 16oz Velcro vipers

Here's a positive review that was posted about the Venum Challenger 2.0s, but keep in mind that the reviewer @Taskmaster99 paid about half as much as you'd be paying for these 3.0s on Amazon:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/venum-challenger-2-0-gloves-16oz-initial-review.2656255/

I'm not entirely sure which other brands post to Macedonia. Maybe ask these guys if they'll post there https://unifiedboxing.co.uk/ as they do quality stuff in your budget. Also @Gkfightgear have said that they post worldwide so if you navigate through their site https://www.nutritionking.co.uk they've got some decent gloves in your price range as well.
Thanks for the suggest, appreciate :)
But I don't have any experience with boxing gloves so I'm planning to buy strictly in a store so I could try them on my own hand(the Amazon link was only to know about what glove I'm talkink).
Thank you anyway :)

Thanks for the suggest, appreciate :)
But I don't have any experience with boxing gloves so I'm planning to buy strictly in a store so I could try them on my own hand(the Amazon link was only to know about what glove I'm talkink).
Thank you anyway :)

If they have any Thai brand gloves at the store you go to (Fairtex, Twins, Raja, Boon, Top King, King, Windy) for a similar price and with genuine leather (and not synthetic leather), and if they fit you, then I'd pick one of those over the Venums personally.

149qhb7.jpg

16oz Triumph United V1per lace up arrived today, can not wait to use them

Just wanted to post a quick review about the Valour Strike Vintage gloves (cannot make a new thread so figured I would do it here).

When I got the gloves first the right glove had the liner torn away from the finger compartment and grip bar area. I contacted Valour Strike and sent them a few pics. They sent me a new pair no questions asked. A++ for customer service.

First impressions where the leather smell is super nice. Even my wife commented how nice the gloves smelled. Stitching is really good with no one obvious flaws. The laces are a tad short but no big deal.

Weight of the gloves is marked as 16oz. One was 16.45 and the other 16.10 with laces in. Pretty darn close so no complaints there.

Gloves fit nice and snug. I have average size hands (5’10” male). They were comfortable with no pinching.

I have only used them on the bag so far and enjoyed them. Wrist protection was good. The padding is still pretty firm and found my knuckles hurt on some power shots. Not a big deal and I am certain the padding will loosen up. I will not be sparring with them until then.

So far no real complaints. Very happy with my purchase, especially for the price and level of customer service I received. Shipping to Canada was only $25, which considering New Sporting wants $60 and Casanova $50, is a bargain. That was to ship gloves and shin guards.

Here are some pics of the gloves along side my UMA IR gloves.

Attachments

• 1D1A77DB-B313-4A0D-849D-D5C104B7F801.jpeg
    1D1A77DB-B313-4A0D-849D-D5C104B7F801.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 9878A5B2-8517-4EA8-A003-85A986FB74D3.jpeg
    9878A5B2-8517-4EA8-A003-85A986FB74D3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 68B77EC5-BC49-44CF-94FC-011B6FA7463F.jpeg
    68B77EC5-BC49-44CF-94FC-011B6FA7463F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 762FBC12-D707-4D64-A408-D130700EF60B.jpeg
    762FBC12-D707-4D64-A408-D130700EF60B.jpeg