Posture correction workout routines

Paladin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Home-Exercises-To-Fix-Your-Rounded-Shoulders-In-One-Month.jpg

So it has come to my attention that I have rounded shoulders. For those that don’t know, rounded shoulders typically occur due to bad sitting / standing posture (between a desk job and over working just the Chest and not enough back)

What are ways to reverse rounded shoulders, and get better posture while getting stronger?

Specific excercises I don't know but DDP yoga has done fucking miricles for people.

Will fix this no problem among other things. Listen to all the testimomials from people it is pretty cool.

It is réhabilitation Yoga

Stretch your pecs, anterior delts, subscapularis, lats, and serratus anterior.

Strengthen your external rotators, posterior delts, middle traps, and rhomboids. Face pulls, band work, rows of all kinds, rear delt flies, australian pull ups.....almost anything that causes your scapulae to retract and your upper arm to extend, externally rotate, or horizontally abduct will help.

You kinda answered your own question, "working the chest and not enough back".

The "Neanderthal no more" article is a good place to start.

stretching and strengthening is great but you have to remind yourself throughout the day. you can't outwork a shitty posture habit. buy some small red stickers and place them at home or at work which remind you to stand straight.

Thoracic extension for time on a foam roller is incredibly helpful for this. As is A.R.T. massage. And the stuff people are recommending on here are all helpful. Restore balance to the upper/lower traps, serrateus, rhomboid, and pec minor muscles.

Back