Potential death of PC Gaming: Microsoft looking to acquire EA, Valve, PUBG [RUMOR]

Yeah, that was a Day 1 buy because of the trailer, but more so because I'd been led to believe that Anthem got the "real" A team while Andromeda was given the SJW squad in hopes it would be a smashing success of a social experiment (because they need the handicap of riding on some previous great team's coattails). Hell, it would have been a pre-order if it weren't for the fact that I've sworn off preordering forever following Andromeda.

Seeing this one tweet...Anthem is no longer a Day 1 buy for me. We're in a "wait and see" situation, now.

Bioware is and always has been a progressive developer. Nothing has changed.

The quality of the products sure did. I don't care what excuses are made after the fact.

You're ranting about "SJWs." That has nothing to do with Andromeda's flaws.

Yes it does. Do we really need to draw out a big map for you? The SJW proposed / pushed and required diversity hires *literally* sunk that Bioware ship as far as we can tell. Andromeda was the final "rats fleeing" moment where everyone realized where the ship was headed...

Yes it does. Do we really need to draw out a big map for you? The SJW proposed / pushed and required diversity hires *literally* sunk that Bioware ship as far as we can tell. Andromeda was the final "rats fleeing" moment where everyone realized where the ship was headed...

Bioware has been pushing diversity in gaming since the late 90s. Try again. What's changed is that now alt right gamers are mad about it.

You guys already lost this argument in spectacular fashion, over the course of many, many, many pages, when the game came out.

I'm not interested in revisiting your vanquished quibbles, or the disaster that was #GG. Thanks.

You guys already lost this argument in spectacular fashion, over the course of many, many, many pages, when the game came out.

I'm not interested in revisiting your vanquished quibbles, or the disaster that was #GG. Thanks.

I don't know who you argued with but pretty sure the GG movement is dead. I'm talking about Bioware specifically and pointing out the fact they have pushed diversity in their games since the late 90s. They are the wrong developer to target. Asking a Bioware game to be less diverse is like asking them to go backwards and change their entire process for your narrow viewpoint.

I don't know who you argued with but pretty sure the GG movement is dead. I'm talking about Bioware specifically and pointing out the fact they have pushed diversity in their games since the late 90s. They are the wrong developer to target. Asking a Bioware game to be less diverse is like asking them to go backwards and change their entire process for your narrow viewpoint.
Except that this is a massive strawman, and wasn't at all the grievance voiced.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind MS buying EA, as EA is a total mess.

But I just got the feeling they'll mess up a good thing in steam. I wonder if the sales would be as good with MS a few years down the line.

Honestly, I think Andromeda being a shit game had more to do with it.

Bad textures, recycled story, boring antagonists.

I think you guys are confused with what’s being discussed. The argument isn’t that the game sucked because of sjw elements incorporated into the game, like gay or trans characters. The argument is the game sucked because of sjw policies that went into the development of making the game itself. Bad textures and animations are the result of hiring unqualified staff in the name of diversity.

Andromeda was a shit game because it was made by Zoe Quinn types.

If we get HL3 out of the deal, I will be OK with it.

I think you guys are confused with what’s being discussed. The argument isn’t that the game sucked because of sjw elements incorporated into the game, like gay or trans characters. The argument is the game sucked because of sjw policies that went into the development of making the game itself. Bad textures and animations are the result of hiring unqualified staff in the name of diversity.

Andromeda was a shit game because it was made by Zoe Quinn types.

That's more reasonable, but I'm not certain if it's true and don't care that much to find out.

If we get HL3 out of the deal, I will be OK with it.

It's almost guaranteed we'd get HL3 out of it. A long with HL4,5,6,7,8. Until you have so much HL that your fucking sick of it. This is how MS treats their franchises that do well.

If by "progressive" you mean that your character is able to have sex with anything that moves... which we all know is what's really important to quality gameplay.

Maybe next time the B team at Bioware Montreal will focus on game performance, character animations and a compelling story.

Oh wait, that's right... nevermind.

If by "progressive" you mean that your character is able to have sex with anything that moves... which we all know is what's really important to quality gameplay.

Maybe next time the B team at Bioware Montreal will focus on game performance, character animations and a compelling story.

So is Bioware two teams now? Or are all the top Bioware people gone now and it's pretty much a new company? I actually didn't mind Andromeda other than the story being kind of generic and pretty much a copy of ME2.

That's more reasonable, but I'm not certain if it's true and don't care that much to find out.

I don’t know if it’s true either, but I don’t even know if the game is good or not. I’ve only played a few hours when it first came out and haven’t gone back. Unfortunately I haven’t had very much time to game the past year. What I played of it I liked enough I suppose.

So is Bioware two teams now? Or are all the top Bioware people gone now and it's pretty much a new company? I actually didn't mind Andromeda other than the story being kind of generic and pretty much a copy of ME2.

I believe there were three locations, Edmonton, Montreal and Austin. Not sure what they have now, but Montreal is gone.

Lol the sad thing is, Montreal actually isn't even their B-Team, it's actually their C-Team. Bioware Edmonton is the A-Team, Bioware Austin is the B-Team, and Bioware Montreal is the C-Team. Edmonton was too busy working on the next Dragon Age and Anthem during the making of Andromeda. Prior to Andromeda, they had only worked on the multiplayer for ME3.

They got rid of Montreal after the game tanked.

Back