Potential death of PC Gaming: Microsoft looking to acquire EA, Valve, PUBG [RUMOR]

Again, Valve isn't and never will be for sale as long as Gaben is alive. Especially not to Microsoft.

Lol at lumping PUBG in with EA and Valve. PC gaming isn't going anywhere. Just desperate gaems jurnalists farming clicks.

I would love Microsoft forever if they acquired EA and killed it off like EA has done to so many good gaming companies over the years.
Yeah I’m actually completely fine with MS buying EA. EA is about as bad as it gets. They could only make EA better

Buyouts don’t preserve integrity - never have and never will, especially in the face of something like MS. You’re a mouse marrying a Rottweiler. One that snores with it’s mouth open. Case in point the Minecraft studios.
IGN bought out Humble in October and nothing has changed so far.

What is Microsoft's strategy for Windows 10 gaming?
I can't find any direct quotes on Win10 but Newell was very vocal about Win8, calling it a "catastrophe for everyone in the PC space". He was worried about the platform becoming more closed (ie, a walled garden) which would hurt PC manufacturers, and the possibility that the Windows Store would cut into Steam sales. That's why he announced a few years ago that Steam would be diversifying into the Linux market as a hedge.

Other people have suggested the move to UEFI and integration of the Xbox app into Win10 might lead to more of a closed system as well.

Part of the reason for the acquisition rumours is that MS wants more Xbox One exclusives in order to compete with the PS4 and Switch. Phil Spencer was recently promoted to executive vice president so he will have more control over MS' strategic decisions with regards to gaming.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/29/16930892/xbox-one-exclusive-games-analysis-microsoft

That's also why some people are worried MS will focus more on Xbox One than traditional PC gaming.

An old quote from Spencer about converting PC gamers to Xbox...
"Back in the day with Games for Windows [Live] when it was out, really there was a sentiment inside the Xbox group that if we could only get those Windows people to play games on the console, that would help us sell more Xboxes," says Spencer. "I love selling more Xboxes. [But] more than selling more Xboxes, I love having people have fun on Xbox Live. I look at the opportunity on Windows to connect the ecosystems."
https://www.theverge.com/2015/7/29/9066133/windows-10-gaming-xbox-app

This whole shit is pure clickbait as per usual made by polygon.

Not to throw this thread off topic, but I completely stopped taking Polygon seriously after this travesty:

Not to throw this thread off topic, but I completely stopped taking Polygon seriously after this travesty:

lol.. That shit was funny. Gotta love the comments being disable...

Though, the comments would have been more entertaining than watching that clown stumble around.

Part of the reason for the acquisition rumours is that MS wants more Xbox One exclusives in order to compete with the PS4 and Switch. Phil Spencer was recently promoted to executive vice president so he will have more control over MS' strategic decisions with regards to gaming.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/29/16930892/xbox-one-exclusive-games-analysis-microsoft

That's also why some people are worried MS will focus more on Xbox One than traditional PC gaming.
When have they not?

Back