Povetkin's Promoter Claims $4.3 Million Court Win Over Wilder

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
According to the team behind Russian heavyweight Alexander Povetkin, they have claimed a $4.3 million court victory over WBC champion Deontay Wilder over a cancelled fight back in 2016. According to representatives from Forward Legal, working for Povetkin and his promoter company, Mir Boksa (World of Boxing), a New York court has awarded the Russian boxer's team $4.3 million, which was frozen in an escrow account after the canceled bout in May 2016, R-Sport reports on Friday.

via boxingscene

Amazing if true. Pretty sure Wilder isnt the one who failed his drug test.

The purse bid for the fight was 7.1 million.

Wilder's cut from that was 70% if I recall correctly.

That would mean the 4.3 million was Wilder's actual fight purse that has been frozen since the fight was cancelled. So at the end of the day it isn't taking money from him personally, just taking money he was hoping would be his for the last couple of years.

I am no legal expert but getting paid your full purse for a fight that didn't actually happen sounds pretty unlikely.

Not too much is known about Ryabinsky aside from the fact that he's obviously extremely rich. Of all people, Povetkin is likely the guy with the most money behind him in boxing. It's suggested that he does have pretty close connections with financiers within Rosneft.

The purse bid for the fight was 7.1 million.

Wilder's cut from that was 70% if I recall correctly.

That would mean the 4.3 million was Wilder's actual fight purse that has been frozen since the fight was cancelled. So at the end of the day it isn't taking money from him personally, just taking money he was hoping would be his for the last couple of years.

I am no legal expert but getting paid your full purse for a fight that didn't actually happen sounds pretty unlikely.

Hopefully GGG and his team won't have a problem coming up with the ends to repay team Canelo for the promotion of their canceled fight.

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

<20>.

Hopefully GGG and his team won't have a problem coming up with the ends to repay team Canelo for the promotion of their canceled fight.

Even for an instagram hooker you are amazingly stupid.

Wilder pulled out of the Povetkin fight.

GGG didn't pull out of the Canelo fight, GBP pulled out their own fighter. So thinking that somehow GGG is on the hook to pay for the promotion of a fight HE DIDN'T PULL OUT OF is beyond fucking stupid. Like pretty much everything you say.

Even for an instagram hooker you are amazingly stupid.

Wilder pulled out of the Povetkin fight.

GGG didn't pull out of the Canelo fight, GBP pulled out their own fighter. So thinking that somehow GGG is on the hook to pay for the promotion of a fight HE DIDN'T PULL OUT OF is beyond fucking stupid. Like pretty much everything you say.

Lol, your so mad!!

<Dany07> GOTCHA BITCH !!

If GGG is looking for a few bucks I'll buy those boss ass Air Jordan Trainers Andre Ward used to wear since he has the hook up ...

andre-ward-air-jordan-3-black-cement-boxing-boots

<mma4> Tell him to hit me up !!

Lol, your so mad!!

<Dany07> GOTCHA BITCH !!

If GGG is looking for a few bucks I'll buy those boss ass Air Jordan Trainers Andre Ward used to wear since he has the hook up ...

Tell him to hit me up !!

For someone who claims they actually work for Canelo you sure are fucking stupid.

No one here works for GGG so none of us win or lose anything when his fights get cancelled or his purse goes from 20 million to 2 million or even if he loses a fight in the ring. We are just fans yet you who again, CLAIM TO WORK FOR CANELO constantly troll GGG fans as though we have something to lose. We don't but you sure as hell do. Your supposed employer just lost a 20+ million dollar payday. Your employer just got banned for 6 months because he's a fucking cheater so he had plastic surgery to make his PED sagging knee look young again. Your other employer who is known to wear women's lingerie while getting fucked just got pulled into another scandal involving instagram whores and kitchen utensils going right up his ass.

Does trolling GGG fans really make you feel better about that stuff? If it does by all means keep it up. Whatever gets you through the day man.

For someone who claims they actually work for Canelo you sure are fucking stupid.

No one here works for GGG so none of us win or lose anything when his fights get cancelled or his purse goes from 20 million to 2 million or even if he loses a fight in the ring. We are just fans yet you who again, CLAIM TO WORK FOR CANELO constantly troll GGG fans as though we have something to lose. We don't but you sure as hell do. Your supposed employer just lost a 20+ million dollar payday. Your employer just got banned for 6 months because he's a fucking cheater so he had plastic surgery to make his PED sagging knee look young again. Your other employer who is known to wear women's lingerie while getting fucked just got pulled into another scandal involving instagram whores and kitchen utensils going right up his ass.

Does trolling GGG fans really make you feel better about that stuff? If it does by all means keep it up. Whatever gets you through the day man.

Don’t reply to this idiot mate, he’s borderline paedo in my opinion.

Lol, your so mad!!

<Dany07> GOTCHA BITCH !!

andre-ward-air-jordan-3-black-cement-boxing-boots

<mma4> Tell him to hit me up !!

Toss those joints to me. Two size 13S. I'll toss you some custom Chris Paul js and Ray Allens. Got some Juwan Howard too. All Js. Shit you can get some game used Kobe's for different color ways and sizes.

Nevermind. Buy them? I thought you had the hook up. Buying shit doesn't do anything. C'mon son

It's garbage to shit on Gennady. As someone who got to know him well because of negotiations he's a class act who got fucked bad on this.

I still want those Js though lol

This is messed up all the way around. Fucks us as well. Real talk though if he works for Canelo he'll take up for his fighter but he's doing a shitty job. You don't alienate fans.

Guys stop complaining about Canelo's team and promoter, its very clear theyre doing things the right way. Fucking yourself with kitchen appliances dressed as a woman while snorting coke and your most prestigious fighter getting busted (twice) for being a drugs cheat is obviously part of some master plan.

Seems to me like GGG needs to rethink his promotional strategy, wonder if he's ever fancied doing a donkey show in Mexico or something, anything to sell some more tickets for god's sake.

Toss those joints to me. Two size 13S. I'll toss you some custom Chris Paul js and Ray Allens. Got some Juwan Howard too. All Js. Shit you can get some game used Kobe's for different color ways and sizes.

Nevermind. Buy them? I thought you had the hook up. Buying shit doesn't do anything. C'mon son

Look, man. Those are Def the illest boxing trainers I have ever seen. So I would have no problem paying for them. I mean Mizuno makes better performing shoes ( probably) but I'm talking about looks.

No I don't have the hook up. In this case. That's why I was joking about GGG getting a pair because he is Jordan fighter as well. Plus he could prob use the money. Just trying to extend an olive branch.

canelo-1.jpg

<Dana05> .

Look, man. Those are Def the illest boxing trainers I have ever seen. So I would have no problem paying for them. I mean Mizuno makes better performing shoes ( probably) but I'm talking about looks.

No I don't have the hook up. In this case. That's why I was joking about GGG getting a pair because he is Jordan fighter as well. Plus he could prob use the money. Just trying to extend an olive branch.

canelo-1.jpg

<Dana05> .

RJJ has some sick ones too. Jeff Lacy tossed me a pair of the snake skin ones. They don't fit unfortunately and he wore them anyways

Back