Power Hungry UC Berkeley Cop takes all cash from a Hotdog Street Vendor's wallet. Right or Wrong?

EL GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Is this shit legal? I mean if he gave him a ticket, that's one thing but you can't just take away money like that since there is ZERO proof that all that money he took away from him was from selling hotdogs.

Anyways int he long run, seems like it's going to pay off for juan...He's at 32k! LMFAO.

Shit, if he wins a lawsuit, he might have struck gold.

Also they are trying to get rid of this cop.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/992/...-police-department/?taf_id=42219554&cid=fb_na

Apparently this UC berekley Cop, Aranas, has a long history of being a douche.

This guy should fight Antifa/Right Wing Larpers in Berkeley (Cops literally just stay back lol) instead of robbing some guy selling hotdogs.

Last edited:
Does the guy selling hot dogs have a permit? Does the area where he was selling them require a permit?

No and no? Why on earth do you think my sympathies would lie with him? He's not a victim. He's a lawbreaker. Fuck your petition.

if he's an illegal immigrants the cop can. American dollars belong to American people. #MAGADETH

shh.png

Why does one require a permit to sell hot dogs?
Serious (if stupid) question.

Didn't the Arab Spring start when a street vendor was busted for not having a permit selling stuff in Tunis?

Does the guy selling hot dogs have a permit? Does the area where he was selling them require a permit?

No and no? Why on earth do you think my sympathies would lie with him? He's not a victim. He's a lawbreaker. Fuck your petition.

First of all it's not my petition, and I havn't signed it...Im simply reporting what I know about the situation.

2nd of all...He obviously doesn't have a permit, no shit....and it was outside the Cal Football game.

The point of the thread is, is it legal to take away cash from somebodies wallet like that......If he had gave him a ticket, that's another story, but taking away cash? Doesn't even make sense IMO, unless he can prove all that cash he took away, was from Hotdog selling...even then Im not sure.

That's why I am asking, maybe some sherbros know more about the law and taking away cash from hotdog vendor's is legal?...I mean it's not like they just seize El Chapo's drug money lol, where it will make sense to take it.
6t56Y89.jpg

Last edited:

This is a good point. Hot dogs are already pre-prepared. Can you even get sick from eating a hot dog straight out of the package? Not that I want to...

Because if you don't you get a roach coach infestation in parking lots without any of those vendors paying property tax fees, or maintaining or upholding their properties that are the points of sale. Basically, they just roll downtown, where all of the merchants who have built up an area attracting consumers, and these people just piggyback for free without paying anything into the system that makes it what it is.

The point of the thread is, is it legal to take away cash from somebodies wallet like that......If he had gave him a ticket, that's another story, but taking away cash? Doesn't even make sense IMO, unless he can prove all that cash he took away, was from Hotdog selling...even then Im not sure.

That's why I am asking, maybe some sherbros know more about the law and taking away cash from hotdog vendor's is legal?...I mean it's not like they just seize El Chapo's drug money lol, where it will make sense to take it.
6t56Y89.jpg
If the point of the thread is to demonstrate that it's illegal for a cop to confiscate cash this way, then maybe you should have constructed an OP citing the penal code and precedent. Nothing in your OP discusses the law, or enlightens any of us to it. Yet here you are with your mind clearly made up trying to get us to sign your petition. You know what that's called, grasshopper?

A confirmation bias. Piss off.

First of all it's not my petition, and I havn't signed it...Im simply reporting what I know about the situation.

2nd of all...He obviously doesn't have a permit, no shit....and it was outside the Cal Football game.

6t56Y89.jpg

This probably falls under civil forfeiture, which is apparently VERY open to interpretation.

"Civil forfeiture in the United States, also called civil asset forfeiture or civil judicial forfeiture or occasionally civil seizure, is a controversial legal process in which law enforcement officers take assets from persons suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without necessarily charging the owners with wrongdoing."

Because if you don't you get a roach coach infestation in parking lots without any of those vendors paying property tax fees, or maintaining or upholding their properties that are the points of sale. Basically, they just roll downtown, where all of the merchants who have built up an area attracting consumers, and these people just piggyback for free without paying anything into the system that makes it what it is.

If the point of the thread is to demonstrate that it's illegal for a cop to confiscate cash this way, then maybe you should have constructed an OP citing the penal code and precedent. Nothing in your OP discusses the law, or enlightens any of us to it. Yet here you are with your mind clearly made up trying to get us to sign your petition. You know what that's called, grasshopper?

A confirmation bias. Piss off.

Again I asked if its Legal because I don't know about the law pertaining to taking cash from somebodies wallet.....and if it's right or wrong...Obviously Im leaning that it's probably illegal but if a sherbro says it's legal then I won't blame the cop(its the law/his job) and ill disagree with the law...So I will still think it's wrong but ill understand it's the law, if it is indeed the law.

Im not trying to get anybody to sign a petition, I simply posted the petition to show, that apparently this cop has been an asshole before...Again I didn't sign shit nor gave money.

Also you clearly KNOW NOTHING about the place where the Vendor was at...The Stadium is not close to any food places, it's not some downtown area full of shops...It's surrounded by frat houses/dorms/etc...So they arn't piggybacking of the merchants around that area...They are piggybacking off the Cal Berkeley game lol.

BTW I never said that I support people selling shit in the streets or said the guy shouldn't be ticket it..I clearly em talking about taking away cash.

You clearly have a problem understanding.

Last edited:
Also, kudos to that cop for giving exactly zero f*cks about the peanut gallery commentary in the background.

This probably falls under civil forfeiture, which is apparently VERY open to interpretation.

"Civil forfeiture in the United States, also called civil asset forfeiture or civil judicial forfeiture or occasionally civil seizure, is a controversial legal process in which law enforcement officers take assets from persons suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without necessarily charging the owners with wrongdoing."

Interesting..He did write him a ticket tho.

His gofund me is @ 32k and it's getting lots of attn, Im sure some lawyer is gonna sue.

Thank you. Seems common sense enough, even if I wouldn't like it.

Again I asked if its Legal because I don't know about the law pertaining to taking cash from somebodies wallet.....and if it's right or wrong...Obviously Im leaning that it's probably illegal but if a sherbro says it's legal then I won't blame the cop(its the law/his job) and ill disagree with the law...So I will still think it's wrong but ill understand it's the law, if it is indeed the law.

Im not trying to get anybody to sign a petition, I simply posted the petition to show, that apparently this cop has been an asshole before...Again I didn't sign shit nor gave money.

Also you clearly KNOW NOTHING about the place where the Vendor was at...The Stadium is not close to any food places, it's not some downtown area full of shops...It's surrounded by frat houses/dorms/etc...So they arn't piggybacking of the merchants around that area...They are piggybacking off the Cal Berkeley game lol.

BTW I never said that I support people selling shit in the streets or said the guy shouldn't be ticket it..I clearly em talking about taking away cash.

You clearly have a problem understanding.
So do you make a habit of drawing conclusions before you've heard an answer?

So do you make a habit of drawing conclusions before you've heard an answer?
Well you apparently think it's legal...Im leaning to illegal....I guess we will see who is right or wrong

I know your trying to make it into a crusade, about the guy being a douche for selling on the streets...but that isn't the matter here.

The matters are, Is it legal to take away cash? Which is literally the first sentence of the thread....and is it right or wrong, which is on the title.

Back