Power roundhouse kick?

Similar to how European football players go to American teams later on in their career, like Beckham and Zlatan going to L.A Galaxy to pwn some noobs and score left and right before retiring.

Pretty much.........seal clubbing all day long......

yeah i mean thailand will always be number one, but I dont think we will be so low on the totem pole anymore, give it about 10 years and I think the US will be one of the top countries outside of thailand. They're exact postion I am not sure but the sport is really taking off here I see the US producing some top talent in the near future.

Less than 10 years, ceiling is pretty low in the rest of the world.

I actually think that in 10 years it will be the Eastern Europeans and Russians who will make the biggest progression up the ladder in Kickboxing and Muay Thai. America seems to be struggling with getting decent coaching and training and that will always be a slow down as opposed to Europe which has a rich number of high level gyms and trainers (of course nothing like Thailand).

I actually think that in 10 years it will be the Eastern Europeans and Russians who will make the biggest progression up the ladder in Kickboxing and Muay Thai. America seems to be struggling with getting decent coaching and training and that will always be a slow down as opposed to Europe which has a rich number of high level gyms and trainers (of course nothing like Thailand).

Not in Muay Thai, maybe in KB/K1 sort of organisations, it's all about the money, competition is very high in Thailand and the money is not at a level to attract high level athletes from the rest of the world to start Muay Thai at an early age....

Not in Muay Thai, maybe in KB/K1 sort of organisations, it's all about the money, competition is very high in Thailand and the money is not at a level to attract high level athletes from the rest of the world to start Muay Thai at an early age....

There's no denying Thailand will most likely always be number 1, hence why I put in brackets (of course nothing like Thailand), but I meant that I predict Eastern Europe and Russia catching up with the other countries outside Thailand, countries like France and UK for instance.

There's no denying Thailand will most likely always be number 1, hence why I put in brackets (of course nothing like Thailand), but I meant that I predict Eastern Europe and Russia catching up with the other countries outside Thailand, countries like France and UK for instance.

All Russia need to do is apply their fantastic boxing system to Muay Thai and they're set. Artem Levin is already a good example of it. He is a russian boxer through and through, who happens to be throwing knees, elbows and kicks.

thats changing here in the US very rapidly. Supposedly Liam Harrison will be retiring and opening a gym here. Theres a few other guys as well with the same plan. Were really going to grow and were going to have qualified instructors.

I must be honest, I think that the West will be behind in Muay Thai until it drops the "Cardio, Padwork, Sparring" routine that every class seems to have.

It needs to be "Cardio, Partner Drills, Clinching, Sparring" with padwork done only in 1 to 1s with padholders that know what they're doing rather than just trying to string combinations in a vacuum in a ways that are unrealistic and will never be used in fights. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Dutch got good so fast with their method based on realistic partner based drills with quick returns.

Back