POWERFUL cardio exercises?

Homer-Sitting-on-Chair-on-Treadmill.gif

Drag curls

When people post something like "What's the best cardio exercise" or "What's the best strength building exercise", or even "What is the key to happiness", I always read them as having added "...other than Drag Curls, because obviously they are the best and everyone knows about them". Because otherwise I can't even make sense of the question. It would be like... asking about the best sports shoe without first mentioning that Innov-8 are obviously the best. Why would you even?

running - sprints (100 to 150)

200m, 400m, 800m interval runs.

Mile repeats --- run your 1st mile and time it; rest 2-5 minutes. Run your 2nd mile and the time must be faster than your 1st mile. Rest another 2-5 minutes. Finish your 3rd mile and it must be done in a faster time than the 2nd; so your third mile is the fastest mile. You learn to finish strong.

Rowing - look up some workouts. I do like to the the interval of 1:30min of moderate rowing and 30 seconds all out. 30 mins of that - so you end up doing like 15rds of that 3:1 ratio.

I'd love to try a versa climber.

Jump rope.

Airdyne bike

Versa climber and airdyne are more of luxery thing. Just get out there and bust your ass.

I'll die before I do cardio.

Have some self-respect, guys.

I'll die before I do cardio.

Have some self-respect, guys.
Uh? Doing simple LISS runs past winter was the best investment I have done for my body the past years.

running - sprints (100 to 150)

200m, 400m, 800m interval runs.

Mile repeats --- run your 1st mile and time it; rest 2-5 minutes. Run your 2nd mile and the time must be faster than your 1st mile. Rest another 2-5 minutes. Finish your 3rd mile and it must be done in a faster time than the 2nd; so your third mile is the fastest mile. You learn to finish strong.

Rowing - look up some workouts. I do like to the the interval of 1:30min of moderate rowing and 30 seconds all out. 30 mins of that - so you end up doing like 15rds of that 3:1 ratio.

I'd love to try a versa climber.

Jump rope.

Airdyne bike

Versa climber and airdyne are more of luxery thing. Just get out there and bust your ass.

iv never done a rower guys from sbg ireland told me its there god but we had a cheap old versa climber at my old gym and i loved it dan hendersons wears by them too

I been going on StairMaster for a hour or two hours without touching the handles. Can you guys give me your input and opinion if this is a good alternative to running for Muay Thai?

I been going on StairMaster for a hour or two hours without touching the handles. Can you guys give me your input and opinion if this is a good alternative to running for Muay Thai?

One or two hours is a lot of time. I think running for like 30 min would hive you a better bang for your buck

It should be ok if you're putting in the same level of effort as if you were running.
I prefer to use machines like the bike to reduce wear and tear instead of recovery runs because my calves still feel tired and I prefer to give more rest to my achilles tendon/knees.

The thing is with running is that it has to be built up like anything else.

Start off with the minimums 20-30mins 2-3x a week and you could do someting like adding time 2.5- 5mins each week. Build it up slowly for you to adapt. Also consider getting a number of running shoes to rotate them.

But as an alternative for running. I would either shadow box and/or do drills as steady state or bike, ellipictal, swim.

When people say LISS how slow do you go to get the best benefits ? I'm trying to get a pace faster at running. I'm slow as shit but I have some hills.

HIIT workouts are fantastic and can be exciting. Although I would definitely include jump rope into your workouts. Fantastic way to improve not just stamina but overall coordination as well.

I had to google them right now. I've always just done them intuitively. All the truly elite come to the drag curl one way, or another.

Doing drag curls intuitively? You must be some sort of athleticism savant. I had to study in an ancient sacred mystic temple half way up an icy mountain in New Jersey to learn the way of the Drag Curl.

Doing drag curls intuitively? You must be some sort of athleticism savant. I had to study in an ancient sacred mystic temple half way up an icy mountain in New Jersey to learn the way of the Drag Curl.
Nah man, anyone could do it if they stayed dedicated, were never satisfied, and were willing to sacrifice, and suffer. I'm just a regular guy. Nothing special about me. I just hope when others look at me they get inspired to really go for it... really, really go for it.

My best advice for cardio work out is to find a sport or an activity that entertains you.
For example I like boxing and soccer. So I try to do my cardio when playing amateur soccer, train with my team or play with friends. Or I try to go to boxing classes.
I do occasionally LISS runs but the most I have done is 5km and it was recently. It just gets boring for me and my motivation is zero. But call me for a soccer game or to hit the gym - do some heavy bag or few spar rounds I am dropping everything and I am comming, does not matter if I had a heavy lifting day earlier that day and I have worked.

My best advice for cardio work out is to find a sport or an activity that entertains you.
For example I like boxing and soccer. So I try to do my cardio when playing amateur soccer, train with my team or play with friends. Or I try to go to boxing classes.
I do occasionally LISS runs but the most I have done is 5km and it was recently. It just gets boring for me and my motivation is zero. But call me for a soccer game or to hit the gym - do some heavy bag or few spar rounds I am dropping everything and I am comming, does not matter if I had a heavy lifting day earlier that day and I have worked.
Using a recreational sport as a way to improve your central cardio adaptions is definitely something that should be discussed more.

Back