PPV idea

Trump242832

White Belt
Reaction score
Top 10 of a weight class all fight each other the same night. Main card is 5 fights. Fighters don't know who they're fighting. They just know they're fighting someone that night. 10 mins before main card starts Dana does a random draw (USADA supervised) and the 10 are randomly matched up. Card starts. No time to strategize. No time to ask daddy coach what to do. You wanna be a well rounded UFC fighter? Then to quote Buffo " It's Timeeeeeee" . Would you watch a ppv like that?

I have said in the past PPV's should be ranked fighters only and maybe a few hot prospects on the early prelims.

Top 10 of a weight class all fight each other the same night. Main card is 5 fights. Fighters don't know who they're fighting. They just know they're fighting someone that night. 10 mins before main card starts Dana does a random draw (USADA supervised) and the 10 are randomly matched up. Card starts. No time to strategize. No time to ask daddy coach what to do. You wanna be a well rounded UFC fighter? Then to quote Buffo " It's Timeeeeeee" . Would you watch a ppv like that?
Yes, I would watch, why not?

I would prefer a tournament type matchmaking, with no bullshit cherry picking too.

I wouldn't pay $79.99 for any PPV and help make the greedy Disney/ESPN richer. It's a nice concept though, and would be interesting! How do you illegally stream a UFC PPV?

I do like the concept but none of the guys would sign up for it when they don't find out their opponent on the night.

you-went-full-retard.png

(Mods? Why the fuck do you guys continue to allow white belt / alt account threads?)

Sure, don’t tell them who they fight so they can’t properly prepare. They would all welcome it. Why not go one step further and don’t even tell them they fight until it’s too late to cut weight, so we can have them all move 1 weight category up by default?
I joke, but it would be glorious. Probably also illegal or at least unsanctioned, but great. We can’t have such things, it is reserved for the rich who organize underground fights.

I actually wish fighters had less time to prepare. I like the idea of seeing fighters come as they are without planning for months. They should already be training every aspect anyway and try to be the best they can. If only most fighters weren't trying to get paid based on who they fight and only want matches that "make sense" which is code for whatever benefits them the most and risks them the least.

So you can cry when A didn’t fight B ?

I have said in the past PPV's should be ranked fighters only and maybe a few hot prospects on the early prelims.
This is a very good idea!

In addition, they could put more emphasis on quantifying results moving fighters into certain rankings (what a terrible "sentence")... "The winner of this bout has the chance to move into the top 25" or something.
Sort of like promotion/demotion to/from the Premier League or something.

Would definitely drive more interest by the fans and maybe more urgency from the fighters.

This is a very good idea!

In addition, they could put more emphasis on quantifying results moving fighters into certain rankings (what a terrible "sentence")... "The winner of this bout has the chance to move into the top 25" or something.
Sort of like promotion/demotion to/from the Premier League or something.

Would definitely drive more interest by the fans and maybe more urgency from the fighters.
UFC doesn't really rank fighters past the #15 spot or don't make it public it if they do.

UFC doesn't really rank fighters past the #15 spot or don't make it public it if they do.
Yes
In addition to adopting a model similar to your suggestion, I believe that they should.

Trumpsters keep coming up with disastrous ideas because who cares about the long-term consequences?

Back