Pre-Season 18/19 Premier League Thread v29: Juventus v Man Yoo Edition

Could you beat up Ali Abdelaziz in a fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score

520BD99800000578-6362731-image-m-11_1541590490687.jpg

Arsenal - Bones, Concrete, Frenz, fingercuffs, DangDaGawd, Clear Winner, wang xiangzhai, Goonerview , Gunners, Mga223, LilMountain, Kadafi, Chules, Good Ole Stannis, RockNRoll98
Brighton - Got no fans
Bournemouth - Got no fans
Burnley - Got no fans
Cardiff City - WEO
Chelsea -
Crystal Palace - Unblemishedcontainer
Everton - Got No Fans.Fulham - Ens189]
Leicester - Old Bob
Liverpool - Sebbe, ShamrockFTW, GracieMMABarra, Shamrocker, Byron, Spoken, Rebelfett
Manchester City - Fijeeto, Father EOW
Manchester United- Nowhere Fast, LEWIS540, Sexy, El Che, UVee, Dr J, Chris Partlow , Fadeless, RR, danny23, East Stand Dabber, Revolver
Newcastle - Bubzeh
So'ton - Got No Fans.
Tottenham Bottlespur- Carl Drogo , blockeybloke, fetalpuzishun, clumseygenius, bolochung, hoonosewot88, Alpha Omega Man
Watford - Got No Fans.
West Ham - Syd, Tobago Jones.

Football League:
Aston Villa - JonKunDo & Mongol.
Mansfield Town - Blokeybloke
Norwich - Kirku.
Sundercan - Cardona, UltraMagnus

Scottish Football:
Celtic - Shamrocker
Rangers - Alpha Omega Man

MLS:
NYCFC - CryptKeeper
Portland Timbers - Xtramob

Rest of Europe:
Real Madrid - Rawex , DS7, Kadafi
Barcelona - fbed2332, Da Speeit, El Che
Atletico Madrid - Lustercross, Edwin
Napoli - Fadeless
Buyern - Xtramob & CubicleGangster
Borussia Dortmund (Reus bless) = Deffs, Sebbe
1. FC Kaiserslautern - Wallybear
Lyon - kerozene74
FC Porto - Fadeless
Benfica - DS7
PSG - Kooshin Diini

38618473_1776793595772778_3161955498840817664_n.jpg

43913118_307805330043668_6880113176953620806_n.jpg

37154751_292305304703645_9108086262702538752_n.jpg

Choons

Bonus

Cheers for the thread, Chules.

That Tianna G girl is rather nice.

Proper football tomorrow!

@blokeybloke

To respond to your questions in the previous thread:

Jesus has a lot to say about the rich, the powerful, and the greedy. He's hard on everyone, really, but Christ's words and actions are clear: humility is the way. Mike Tyson of all people nails this: "But they don’t understand that when he comes back, that these crazy greedy capitalistic men are gonna kill him again.”

My academic work doesnt do much with politics, but it's always on the fringes of my interests. There is a long and complex history as to why Christianity in america looks the way it does. For me, the rise of nationalism and patriotism, which is rooted in the 16th and 17th century, is what made Christianity what it is today.

But to answer the question directly: Christ is in the caravan.

I don't really have much expectations for the game against Juve. A draw would be ideal. Really feel United need to score first to have any chance.

Probably a 2-1 loss, where they will get dominated. who knows, hopefully the game is entertaining. Would love to be wrong, of course.

@frenz no, i havent done my placements yet. maybe this weekend.

@blokeybloke

Jesus has a lot to say about the rich, the powerful, and the greedy. He's hard on everyone, really, but Christ's words and actions are clear: humility is the way. Mike Tyson of all people nails this: "But they don’t understand that when he comes back, that these crazy greedy capitalistic men are gonna kill him again.”

My academic work doesnt do much with politics, but it's always on the fringes of my interests. There is a long and complex history as to why Christianity in america looks the way it does. For me, the rise of nationalism and patriotism, which is rooted in the 16th and 17th century, is what made Christianity what it is today.

Nice to confirm what i already expected. That you are kind hearted decent bloke with a rational mind. Which is pretty fn plain & obvious to see.

European's impression of American religion is infected by the TV evangelicism, so is a little too caricatured. The rise of Trump & the Evangelical rights sickeningly transactional fealty towards him has only cemented our confirmation bias further. This of course overlaps unfairly to many other religions in the US. Such as yours, i expect.

I was raised catholic but tbt i binned it off around the age of 12. My last cpl yrs of school weren't great because i was sick to death of being lied to & i checked out mentally.

Religion in the UK is not nearly as invasive or Pious as it is here in the States. It has nowhere near the thirst for political power.

Nice to confirm what i already expected. That you are kind hearted decent bloke with a rational mind. Which is pretty fn plain & obvious to see.

European's impression of American religion is infected by the TV evangelicism. so is a little too caricatured. The rise of Trump has only cemented our confirmation bias further. This of course overlaps unfairly to many other religions in the US. Such as yours, i expect.

I was raised catholic but tbt i binned it off around the age of 12. My last cpl yrs of school weren't great because i was sick to death of being lied to.

Religion in the UK is not nearly as invasive or Pious as it is here in the States. It has nowhere near the thirst for political power.

The dominate brand of Christianity is a fusion of low church evangelicalism/baptist theology with american economics and political power. It is, I think, a wicked fusion and I imagine it will be purged one day.
I didnt really grow up in the church, and while my family was conservative, I was allowed freedom of thought. When I lived in texas though, people's identity as a republican--the guns, the economy, etc--were correlated to their faith in such a way that you couldn't tell one from the other. It's a weird thing. It was living in the south, with all of its vicious racism and lack of social programs, that made me rethink how my politics and faith connected. I was never a Trump-like cunt about it, but I've got more socially conservative than ever and more economically liberal.
Honestly, I'm a bit of theocrat, lol

but my wife and I are weird on this stuff cuz we're both academics and didnt grow up in the conservative church. We've been forced to think about this all differently

I don't really have much expectations for the game against Juve. A draw would be ideal. Really feel United need to score first to have any chance.

Probably a 2-1 loss, where they will get dominated. who knows, hopefully the game is entertaining. Would love to be wrong, of course.
Sorry, mate. Threw the question up too quickly & forgot to @ you

The dominate brand of Christianity is a fusion of low church evangelicalism/baptist theology with american economics and political power. It is, I think, a wicked fusion and I imagine it will be purged one day.
I didnt really grow up in the church, and while my family was conservative, I was allowed freedom of thought. When I lived in texas though, people's identity as a republican--the guns, the economy, etc--were correlated to their faith in such a way that you couldn't tell one from the other. It's a weird thing. It was living in the south, with all of its vicious racism and lack of social programs, that made me rethink how my politics and faith connected. I was never a Trump-like cunt about it, but I've got more socially conservative than ever and more economically liberal.
Honestly, I'm a bit of theocrat, lol

but my wife and I are weird on this stuff cuz we're both academics and didnt grow up in the conservative church. We've been forced to think about this all differently
I could cut coal with you.

@blokeybloke

If Jesus was around today, he'd be in a mental institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back