Pre workout for bjj

machomang

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone take a pre workout? I notice my cardio isn't the same even if I take a week off. I tried onnit's and there's was good but it's damn expensive. It's also stimulant free which I like. I'm currently using one called cellucor but I don't like the caffeine feel especially since I train at night.

C4 is my Pre-work out of choice. Particularly the watermelon flavor.
I take it about 15-20 min before class and during the before class announcements, I can feel the ants crawling up my arms. lol

Last edited:
I drink a red bull sometimes. On Wednesday evening I drank a red bull and was still yawning in the middle of class. Sometimes they work sometimes they don’t seem to do much. I’ve tried the stronger ones, like c4, but it’s too much.

Caffeine, Aspirin, Ephedra, Cordyceps, and maybe a Beta-Alanine if it's gonna be a real rough one.

i dunno man whenever i have a pre workout before a 530 or 7pm class i cant sleep till like 2am

i think a cup of coffee and an apple go a long way, maybe some BCAAs but who knows if even that is a placebo

I use Amino energy powder mix and pop a beet root extract vitamin. I also use green tea(2 bags boiled) and mixed with some bcaa powder

4448.png

I've done it. It probably did help in some form but I tapered off on the amount I took because at times by heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.

Most pre workouts are more towards huge outputs of power in short periods of time (ie heavy weights) rather than cardio based activities like BJJ from my limited experience

Back