Predator 2 vs Predators

?

• Total voters
It ain't Roger Goddamn Murtaugh!
hqdefault.jpg

Man!

Predators was a good movie.

Predator 2 is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I watched it back when I was a kid and 20 years later, I wondered if it were just me being a kid not understanding something. Nope, it was even worse upon rewatch
I am not reading any of this shit.

I haven't seen Predator 2 in 20 years so I can't remember it exactly, but I don't remember liking it that much.
Predators isn't very good, but I liked it.

I haven't seen Predator 2 in 20 years so I can't remember it exactly, but I don't remember liking it that much.
Predators isn't very good, but I liked it.
Its even worse than you remember if you rewatch it

The Predator in Predator 2 is far more fearsome than any of the other ones.

predator-2-2.jpg

This was the shit.
Lots of creative kills in this movie.

tumblr_o5ll1au7VC1v7xmebo1_500.gif

I watch Predator 2 like once every couple months.

I watched Predators twice, and I'll never watch it again. It was terrible.

Predator 2 has some great scenes, and the story is a good one. A crime ridden city plagued by heavily equipped warring drug cartels. A Predator drops in to stomp out both sides for sport, and the police are stuck playing catch up trying to figure out who or what is wiping all of them the hell out.

"We got a new player in town."

On top of all that, you have the involvement of the secret govt agency, who are in the know due to what happened back in Guatemala. Further adding to the mix.

The only stupid scene in Predator 2, was the cheesy scene on the train car when every civilian draws a gun on the thugs. But then the action directly afterwards helps you forget about it somewhat, as the Predator lays fuckin waste to them all.

Predators was just an all around flop.

I watch Predator 2 like once every couple months.

I watched Predators twice, and I'll never watch it again. It was terrible.

Predator 2 has some great scenes, and the story is a good one. A crime ridden city plagued by heavily equipped warring drug cartels. A Predator drops in to stomp out both sides for sport, and the police are stuck playing catch up trying to figure out who or what is wiping all of them the hell out.

"We got a new player in town."

On top of all that, you have the involvement of the secret govt agency, who are in the know due to what happened back in Guatemala. Further adding to the mix.

The only stupid scene in Predator 2, was the cheesy scene on the train car when every civilian draws a gun on the thugs. But then the action directly afterwards helps you forget about it somewhat, as the Predator lays fuckin waste to them all.

Predators was just an all around flop.

Predator 2 basically throwns every action trope from the era into the ring and a good amount of the most well known characters types/actors. Doesn't make for the tightly focused film of the original but does make for a hell of a lot of fun.

Again I think Predators is a film desperately trying to take the same kind of route throwing in fun concepts but at the end of the day it just doesn't have either the quality of cast or the general scuzzy late 80's.early 90's feel, its just way too clean and inoffensive without the same sense of fun, as I said like your cousins garage indie band trying to cover Guns and Roses.

PREDATORS was like JURASSIC WORLD, a hollow, hateful and hated, soulless bastardization of a beloved property we all know and love and is thereby diminished by its own renegade existence; whereas PREDATOR 2 was pretty much PREDATOR 2.

I liked both, and I am a big fan of the Predator franchise. AvP is shit, but I've always enjoyed watching Predator kill the shit out of people in those movies. I thought Predator 2 was great, but I just wasn't buying Danny Glover and his 6-shooter as the hero who could bring down the Predator when Arnold came so close to defeat. Predators was actually a nice ensemble cast, and I thought that the pacing was great. Brody really surprised me with how well he did in that role as the weathered mercenary. I could have done without Topher Grace (same with any movie he's in pretty much), but Predators still gets the nod.
I'd put my foot up your ass if I could

The Predator in Predator 2 is far more fearsome than any of the other ones.

predator-2-2.jpg
You have to admit the Predator in the first was bad ass too

I liked Predators. I thought Brody pulled it off. Also liked Walton Goggins playing the death row inmate. Dude is made to play those roles.

Oleg was a perfect Spetznaz.

Back