Predator 2 vs Predators

?

• Total voters
Predator 2 is just as good as 1

King Willie went out like a G

PREDATORS was like JURASSIC WORLD, a hollow, hateful and hated, soulless bastardization of a beloved property we all know and love and is thereby diminished by its own renegade existence; whereas PREDATOR 2 was pretty much PREDATOR 2.

I wouldn't go that far, Jurassic World was a cynical formulaic film to the core, Predators I think did actually want to be more like the earlier films just wasn't able to pull if off successfully.

Predator 2 is a fantastic action movie. So many memorable lines and scenes. Someone mentioned the part where he scanned the female cop Leona and spared her life because she was pregnant as a great scene, but how about as well the scene where the predator is startled by the little boy with the toy gun and he lets him take off.

Leona is one of my favorite characters. Heavily inspired by Vasquaz from Aliens but has some great lines in her own right.

Tu tambien, motherfucking baby! Drop it and sit down!

Should be some more Bill Paxton love in this thread as thread as well. That joke about just leaving his underwear at the doctor's office is still a classic.

but how about as well the scene where the predator is startled by the little boy with the toy gun and he lets him take off.

I forgot about that, but that was pretty cool.

I dug the idea of having a govt agency that knows about predators and is doing what they can to trap one and understand them. But the movie kind of dropped the ball on that aspect.

Leona is one of my favorite characters. Heavily inspired by Vasquaz from Aliens but has some great lines in her own right.

Never thought about her being inspired by Vasquez. You might be right though. Hmm.

Should be some more Bill Paxton love in this thread as thread as well.

Last time I did that, he died 3 days later :(

Anyone who dont like Predator 2 is a tuf gnub

Should be some more Bill Paxton love in this thread as thread as well. That joke about just leaving his underwear at the doctor's office is still a classic.

Damn skippy!

Paxton's character was pretty comical and the character was pretty original

I wouldn't go that far, Jurassic World was a cynical formulaic film to the core, Predators I think did actually want to be more like the earlier films just wasn't able to pull if off successfully.
BUT YOU CANNOT DENY THAT PREDATOR 2 IS PREDATOR 2, CAN YOU?

Predators was one of those movies that you may really like immediately after you see it but after a couple days or so if you think about it, it gets less and less cool.

I kind of liked the idea of the predators using hunting dog type things in a way, but the dogs themselves were pretty lame.

Even though it wasn't a reboot, it felt how reboots often feel. Lots of pandering to the fans. That samurai scene was really lame to me. Yeah we get it, it's like the billy scene from the first movie. Like many other sci fi movies it started ok and loses steam as it goes. Been a while since I've seen it and don't remember a lot of the plot like how they met Larry Fishburne exactly, so may check it out again.

Even with the negativity, it was still better than a lot of things. A lot better than any recent Terminator movie for sure.

Predator 2 is NOT Predator 2! :mad:
Predator 2 is Predator too!
336_4.jpg

"Want some candy"

" king willie the viscous drug lord found In an alley with his spinal column torn from the cadaver"

Prepare yourselves for a woefully unstructured post. I'm half asleep, and amazingly, typing out this thrilling text isn't doing me any favours.

-----

I actually think it's hard to pick between the two. Both have elements that I enjoyed, and those that I disliked. I should also say that I've only seen Predators the once, so may well misremember parts.

I think they're both great concepts, poorly executed. I was never a fan of Glover as the protagonist in P2, and was expecting a similar reaction to Brody, but didn't mind him, to be honest.

I'm a big fan of the whole 'urban jungle' idea for P2, though didn't like the comic tilt on the subway. Similarly, I like the game reserve element to Predators, but didn't like how open it was (especially considering one of the key Pred tools - active camo - would be much less effective in open spaces, would it not?).

This is something I noticed straight away in Predators. I remember reading an interview with someone from the original saying how filming it was a nightmare, simply due to the jungle terrain. I know this is a stupid thing to pick up on, but in Predators, they always seem to be walking across flat locations. I couldn't help but notice that, and it pulled me out of the movie. Felt less real.

Really? A movie about an alien that kidnapped soldiers before pulling their spines out didn't feel real? No!

Predator 2:

Liked Paxton, Busey, Kevin Peter Hall, and the xenomorph Easter egg.
Disliked the silly close ups of the Predator's face when his mask is removed, Glover and subway twats.

Predators:

Liked all the throwbacks to the original (I saw it in the cinema and was grinning like a moron at the theme, score and 'Over here'), most of characters and the Predator-spaniels.
Disliked the rapey mong, the Predators themselves and their silly flat planet.

To summarise - <{vega}>

that soundtrack

6:54 might be the best thing ever put in a movie

I think Predator 2 is a very good movie. Not on par with the first but the first is in my top 5 favorites of all time list. I think Predator 2 gets way too much hate, and in my opinion the harsh criticism is unwarranted. That movie is almost infinity rewatchable for me.

I think Predators sucks for a lot of reasons. The best I can say about it is that it's not as bad as AVP: Requiem and Prometheus.

Last edited:
"Want some candy"

" king willie the viscous drug lord found In an alley with his spinal column torn from the cadaver"
A FITTING DEMISE TO THE PRINCE OF POWDER

Predators. Gary Busey made me hate Predator 2.

A FITTING DEMISE TO THE PRINCE OF POWDER

"There's no stopping what can't be stopped... there's no killing what can't be killed "

Mr policeman " time to something something "

Edit : epic scene

Back