Predicitions for the inevitable Errol Spence Jr vs Terrence Crawford contest

If……big if

• Total voters
Errol Spence just isn't losing any time soon.

I'm not a huge fan of his boxing but I cannot deny that with Spence your probably looking at a possible great in his division at least in this modern era.

Every pro who's trained with Errol said the guys no joke.

I'll probably take Spence to win by TKO while being down on the cards at the time of stoppage.

I've changed my stance, I think Crawford wins

Spence is going to break TC down nice and slow. 12 rnd Dec for Spence, or stoppage. TC isn't going to be able to look so good when guy in front of him isn't helplessly overmatched.

This fight has the potential to be an all time classic similar to SRL-Hearns. No doubt there will be multiple fights between these two.

Imagine this being a great fight with some real competitive rounds but see Spence struggling in the middle and later rounds as he finds it difficult to land his power shots against Crawford. I think Spence may build an early lead but Crawford will find his timing. Dude has the demeanor of a stone cold killer with ice in his veins. If its a close fight I think he'll be the one to find that extra gear in the later rounds.

I think Spence takes this one. I see Crawford looking good early but Spence will break him down. The size, strength and power advantage of Spence will slowly start to break Crawford I don't think he stops Bud though I see a late knockdown

Everyone looks like a monster, until they run into someone they simply can't hit, then strategy and boxing skills and ring IQ comes into play and i don't think Spence can match Crawford"s ring IQ and counter punching and quick footwork and defensive strategy.

It's not that Spence is a bad fighter or a fake champion, because he's not it's just that Crawford is the better fighter and Spence is second and that's just how things go in boxing and MMA. You have multiple gifted champions and one comes out on top.

Crawford by easy win, or a close fight.

Remember Floyd vs Manny, that's how this fight will go down, or Chavez vs Whitaker.

Seek and destroy boxer vs a defensive quick footed counter puncher.

History has shown us, that the quick footed defensive counter puncher wins 99% of the time with these matchups.

Everyone looks like a monster, until they run into someone they simply can't hit, then strategy and boxing skills and ring IQ comes into play and i don't think Spence can match Crawford"s ring IQ and counter punching and quick footwork and defensive strategy.

It's not that Spence is a bad fighter or a fake champion, because he's not it's just that Crawford is the better fighter and Spence is second and that's just how things go in boxing and MMA. You have multiple gifted champions and one comes out on top.

Remember Floyd vs Manny, that's how this fight will go down, or Chavez vs Whitaker.

History has shown us, that the quick footed defensive counter puncher wins 99% of the time with these matchups.
you realize Chavez/Whitaker was a draw right? and if you're including that robbery then we may as well include Kovalev/Ward 1 to counter your argument

Boy youre really underrating Spence.

Good to see Terence Crawford has time to make troll accounts in Sherdog.

The fights will not be in any way this simple.

Crawford isn’t unhittable though. He’s a better boxer than Spence, but Spence will put some leather on him at some point in the fight. I see it going down similar to the way GGG/Brook went. Crawford outboxes Spence early on, but eventually gets broken down.

Crawford isn’t unhittable though. He’s a better boxer than Spence, but Spence will put some leather on him at some point in the fight. I see it going down similar to the way GGG/Brook went. Crawford outboxes Spence early on, but eventually gets broken down.

Spence doesn't hit as hard as everyone thinks, but it's an accumulation of punches that hurts you, but he's no Tommy Hearn"s power wise, Spence is more of a Terry Norris type of power puncher and not your Julian Jackson power puncher, so Crawford and his defense should be fine, also Spence relies on brute strength to ware you down, with constant effective body shots, just watch him vs Brooks and the body work he's doing to him.

Sometimes Crawford gets caught with power punches against the smaller weight class fighters, because of his pressure and not thinking they could actually knock him out and remember young Floyd did the same thing, just watch him against chop chop Corley and he's actually getting rocked against Corley, but at the higher weight classes Floyd used his quick footwork and defensive styles against fighters his size and strength, Crawford probably will do the same against fighters at 147.

Crawford most likely will get dropped against Spence or rocked real bad, but i doubt he's getting stopped, but style wise and boxing ring IQ, there's nobody at 147 or 154, that's outboxing him for 12 rounds, he's just to gifted to lose to them.

The right game plan to beat Crawford if i was Spence is to use his legs like Sugar Ray Lenard and Ali and make Crawford chase him and walk him down, then counter punch Crawford setting traps using his jabs and keeping distance, then using constant movement with quick footwork, fight Crawford like Roy Jones fought James Toney, using quick footwork and counter punches with different boxing angels.

Although Crawford isn't unbeatable, nobody is, except maybe a prime Roy Jones and Floyd, Whitaker.

Crawford isn't as gifted as those legends, but these fighters at 147 don't have the skills to beat him, except Spence, but he's relying to much on his brute strength and punching power to stop and beat everyone and this is going to be a problem against a very smart southpaw/counter puncher with great power, that already cleaned out 2 other weight classes and is proven to be number one pound for pound the best boxer in the world.

Remember Spence was trying to weaken Brooks and actually was losing on the score cards by a point or to against Brooks, then the other eye socket damage happened and the knockdown then Spence went up by 2 points winning the last couple of rounds and then Brooks got nervous and quit, what if that eye didn't fet damaged, could Brooks outpoint Spence? probably yes and i would bet he would've won that fight.

Spence uses his legs and reach and strength when fighting on the outside, but makes Crawford chase him and he's counter punching Crawford keeping him at a distance he's winning this fight, but he's going to have to be extremely aggressive on the inside a bully Crawford, but on the outside make Crawford chase him.

Crawford needs to make Spence constantly chase him and counter punch him using quickness and footwork, like Whitaker and clinch when Spence tries to fight aggressive on the inside and bully Spence by throwing him around and using body shots on the inside, for him to win.

The problem is Spence won't fight that way and will lose trying to stop Crawford and get outboxed for 8 of the 12 rounds .

Rematch might be different, but it depends on how smart ring IQ wise, Spence team is.

Remember Sugar Ray Lenard and Dundee, made a extremely stupid mistake boxing wise, against Roberto Duran and it cost them a easy winnable fight, then the rematch was totally different and extremely easy.

Dundee trusted teaching Lenard how to be an inside counter puncher, but Duran was way better at it and outfought Lenard and hurt him.

But Duran couldn't cut off the ring and use his constant pressure like Chavez could and he got so frustrated he stopped fighting literally.

Crawford wins the first fight because Spence fights like Julian Jackson and gets outboxed easily, but has spurts of success in the late rounds.

Based on his taking fighters to late rounds to stop them, even when he's fighting toe to toe and walking them down, he's not knocking them out early in fights and this even was happening fighting against lower talented fighters early in his career, just watch all of his early fights and knockouts, he's aways stopping them late in every fight he has.

Now Tommy Hearns and Julian Jackson and Duran, would've knocked everyone Spence fought in at-least 2 to 3 rounds most in 1 round easily, only a couple of fighters like Brooks, would've lasted around the 6th round and would've got stopped.

No way a Julian Jackson needs to go 6 or 9 rounds against the fighters Spence stopped late, Spence isn't hitting as hard as Jackson or Tommy or Duran who had 60 plus knockouts before fighting Ray and was able to hurt Ray badly.

Terry Norris was doing the very same thing in his career, he could punch very hard like Spence, but he's not stopping people like Jackson and others in his weight class and above.

Nothing wrong with Spence being number 2 at 147 and Crawford being number 1 at 147 and pound for pound number 1 in the world.

If Julian Jackson is your measuring stick then no one hits hard.

Crawford has a chance to amaze us but I think the most likely outcome is a late TKO by Spence after TC starts well but gets worn down by the bodywork.

If Julian Jackson is your measuring stick then no one hits hard.

Julian Jackson is my measuring stick, because everyone is under the impression that's how hard Spence hits and this isn't remotely true. He's just a strong 147 pound champion and a skilled boxer, but he's not the 147 pound Mike Tyson, that's going to just run right threw Crawford and knock him out, just because he's stopping average fighters and some top contenders at 147 and those contenders are not even considered the best of the best most believe and know they are all on a level two spots below other champions like Crawford, Thurman and Garcia and others, but Spence is the number 2 of the 147 pound champions and this is the truth.

But this doesn't mean Spence actually can't beat Crawford because he can, it's just he's not going to change his boxing style to beat him, he's just going to seek and destroy Crawford, by walking him down and taking punches and getting outboxed and this is the truth.

It's been proven time and time threw history that, the seek and destroy fighters don't beat the high ring IQ quick footed slick defensive fighters, like Ali vs Foreman, Floyd vs Chico and Chavez vs Whitaker, Floyd vs Hatton and Douglas vs Tyson and other famous fights in history.

Spence vs Crawford will be no different unless Spence changes his style and i don't think he will and his punching power won't be enough to just roll threw a fighter like Crawford.

I actually sorta agreed thAt spence while being a hard puncher, is not some otherworldy ko artist

Back