Prediction: Cormier vs. Stipe will look a lot like Cormier vs. Rumble 1 except...

Horrible comparison. Rashad gained weight to make HW so he could do the show. DC lost weight so he could make LHW.

DC has big wins at HW, Rashad doesn't.

Honestly did you even think this comparison through?

no it was more of a joke, the thought of Rashad fighting Francis was too funny not to post

he last fought at HW like 5 years ago though. Cormier is an aging man

Rashad Evans won TUF at HW. do you want to see him move up in weight and fight Francis Ngannou?
Rashad was never a contender at HW. DC already faced guys Ngannou in size (and won), nothing new to him.

When Cormier gets tagged he won't be able to get it to the ground given Stipe's wrestling acumen, and given that Stipe doesn't have the horrible gas tank that Rumble has.

DC could barely get the fight to the ground versus Gus.

Stipe has explosives in his gloves that Gus doesn't have, and even BETTER TDD. Not to mention he is 6'4 and huge.

How does Cormier win this?
Ya I'm with you, but for some bizarre reason Stipe is always the underdog and according to most of sherdog he was gonna lose to Ngannou, JDS, Overeem, etc... so nothing new here, I think he prefers it this way.

What are y'all talking about.

Stipe has above average wrestling, and average boxing, but leaves himself open way too much. He also gets tired after just a few rounds.

DC won't knock Stipe out, but he can definitely outbox and outwrestle Stipe.
DC also has better cardio than Stipe.

DC wins a clear decision.
Lol

People still underestimating Stipe.

Cormier is 39 year old and hasn't fought at HW in what, 4-5 years?

As great as Cormier is, Stipe is going to be too much to handle.

When Cormier gets tagged he won't be able to get it to the ground given Stipe's wrestling acumen, and given that Stipe doesn't have the horrible gas tank that Rumble has.

DC could barely get the fight to the ground versus Gus.

Stipe has explosives in his gloves that Gus doesn't have, and even BETTER TDD. Not to mention he is 6'4 and huge.

How does Cormier win this?

Eh ? Stipe DOES have a horrible gas tank. He was blowing hard against Francis from the third round. Cormier can go hard for 5 rounds and will win easily.

Eh ? Stipe DOES have a horrible gas tank. He was blowing hard against Francis from the third round. Cormier can go hard for 5 rounds and will win easily.

You don't know how Cormier would have fared doing what Stipe did to Ngannou. I wouldn't use that fight as an indictment of Stipe's gas tank. You try being the mole in a whac-a-mole game for one round, then wrestle a wildebeest for two, and see how you feel.

Are you really measuring Stipe's gas tank using the Ngannou fight?

Did you not realize that Ngannou was easliy 20 pounds heavier than Stipe? And that taking huge shots from a guy like Ngannou can empty a gas tank real quick?

You must be one of those guys who only know Stipe from the Ngannou fight.

Cormier will be the smallest guy Stipe has ever fought. I really wouldn't be worried about his gas tank.

I'd be more worried about Cormier packing all that extra weight after not fighting at HW in 5 years.

I've got Cormier, he's my boy, but I've been terrified of this match up since it was announced. Not complaining though, that's why I'm a fan of DC, the man has balls the size of Saturn.

WAR BLACK FEDOR!

Stipe has above average wrestling, and average boxing, but leaves himself open way too much. He also gets tired after just a few rounds.

7A7e22V.gif

may I ask why?

Miocic and Cormier will be buddy buddy, and TUF generally sucks

could be good, ill check it out too
Because I don’t have many shows I’m excited for besides WWE and I’m a huge fight fan.

Cormier is much quicker than stipe and has a great chin and won’t run into him like werdum did.. DC will walk him down And beat him on the feet

the biggest threat to cormier getting tagged is a fighter that mixes up punches and kicks which stipe doesn't do.

He couldn't tool Gus. Who is a worse wrestler. But he will tool Stipe? Who is larger, stronger, and more dangerous?
He threw Gus like a rag doll, maybe Gus survived by turning his back and running

Stipe is not Josh Barnett or Frank Mir. He can and will punish you with his hands if you fail a takedown. His standup is miles ahead of DC and if Daniel can't get this one to the ground it's going to be a very long night for him.

lol @ average boxing. He has legit boxing

Are you really measuring Stipe's gas tank using the Ngannou fight?

Did you not realize that Ngannou was easliy 20 pounds heavier than Stipe? And that taking huge shots from a guy like Ngannou can empty a gas tank real quick?

You must be one of those guys who only know Stipe from the Ngannou fight.

Cormier will be the smallest guy Stipe has ever fought. I really wouldn't be worried about his gas tank.

I'd be more worried about Cormier packing all that extra weight after not fighting at HW in 5 years.

Am I measuring his gas tank from his performance against a complete novice ? absolutely. Stipe is a bang average fighter who has benefited hugely from fighting guys on the backside of their careers , Cormier will highlight this.

He couldn't tool Gus. Who is a worse wrestler. But he will tool Stipe? Who is larger, stronger, and more dangerous?
Yo are underestimating Gus his wrestling has bacome really good and he's very strong

Stipe is basically a bigger stronger version of Jon Jones in a lot of ways. One could say Stipe is kind of like Jon Jones on steroids. If DC could not beat Jon Jones on steroids, he cannot beat Stipe.
"Bigger version of Jon Jones"?

They have two completely different frames and fighting styles. How did you even come to that comparison?

he last fought at HW like 5 years ago though. Cormier is an aging man

Rashad Evans won TUF at HW. do you want to see him move up in weight and fight Francis Ngannou?
Evans was never a HW to begin with he just joined the show which happened to be HWs because he wanted to get into the UFC. Besides TUF 2, all his previous fights were at LHW.

DC was a legit HW competitor.

Back