Prediction: Cormier vs. Stipe will look a lot like Cormier vs. Rumble 1 except...

DC couldnt do much to Mir or Nelson, and he couldnt wrestlefuck Gus, Jones, and even Volkan he struggled with for a while to take down. The idea that DC is gonna manhandle Stipe is ridiculous to me.

I really dont see a road to a win here for DC unless he lands a big busdriver uppercut.

I think DC gets stopped either in the first or second round.

"Bigger version of Jon Jones"?

They have two completely different frames and fighting styles. How did you even come to that comparison?
Actually they have similar frames just Stipe is more filled out. Both are way taller and longer than DC. Their fighting styles are also more similar than they appear on the surface. Both are very well rounded and comfortable standing, on the ground, or in the clinch. Both are athletic & very good at improvising in the middle of the fight. Both have good take down defense, knock out power, and excellent cardio. Sure they implore some differing techniques, but I see them both as very similar in terms of fighting DC.

Cormier needs to embrace the grind and test his cardio... We haven't seen anybody with that skill set fight Stipe yet.

It’s possible DC looks olds overnight and gets ran through. It is also possible Stipe catches DC on his habit of leaning to the left and KOs him clean.

If that doesn’t happen I expect for him to beat Stipe because Stipe seems to gas when he has to constantly grapple (see Ngannou fight) but does very well when there are long breaks between grappling exchanges.
On the other hand DC doesn’t gas like that.

DC is going to grapple and make this a wrestle and clinch fest. I expect this fight to be A LOT less exciting than it looks on paper.

I personally think Stipe knocks him out in the first like he did to Fabio just not as quickly

Even after Stipe wins Dana wont give him the credit he deserves

What are y'all talking about.

Stipe has above average wrestling, and average boxing, but leaves himself open way too much. He also gets tired after just a few rounds.

DC won't knock Stipe out, but he can definitely outbox and outwrestle Stipe.
DC also has better cardio than Stipe.

DC wins a clear decision.
Average wrestling and boxing is a great foundation for mma.

Back