prefer glory or muay thai rules fights

My BIGGEST gripe about glory and K1 is that you're not allowed to sweep the legs purposefully. I love seeing a good fighter catch a kick and drop their opponent.
Me too but guys were abusing it in K-1 and fucking up the flow in action that's why they banned it. At the very least they should be able to catch and counter with a combination tho, which I personally like seeing more than sweeps.

Shootboxing rules is the way to go for stand-up fights.
I think they give too much points for throws IMO. Plus the decisions have been very bad the last few times. Shootboxing in theory is awesome but like all things is far from perfect.

Broken arm:

Wow they really do break arms. I can't consider having your arms over a torso a block since that clearly does lead to visible damage.

I've got to give RVR credit since he is so durable p. He takes 1000s of those kicks and hasn't had a broken arm yet

I prefer Glory ruleset as it allows for more exciting fights. However, there is a reason why Muay Thai translates so well into other kickboxing rulesets...and not vice versa haha.

Something about Glory/K-1 being so anal about clinching irritates the shit out of me but I'm not a fan of knee fighters in MuayThai I'll just go with international Muay Thai.

General public dont understand the clinch. This is why glory is more popular.

To be honest general public probably doesn't understand stadium muay thai or GLORY. Quite difficult to understand Glory with all the robberies.

General public dont understand the clinch. This is why glory is more popular.
yeah that's definitely not true

general public doesn't understand grappling or defensive boxing, yet the ufc and money mayweather rake in cash

Muay Thai for sure but I've been training MT for a while so I'm a tad bias

yeah that's definitely not true

general public doesn't understand grappling or defensive boxing, yet the ufc and money mayweather rake in cash

glory removed the clinch, to keep it action packed, rather than boring in the clinch, similar to how ppl that dont understand bjj get bored watching guys turn mma fights into bjj matches, which is why they stand them up after a while. mayweather doesnt grapple, general public doesnt understand grappling or defensive boxing, yet mma is more popular than boxing. ppl are just amazed at the fact they have on "tiny gloves bro" I train UFC bro, while wearing a tapout shirt, chugging a beer and smoking a cig.

mcgregor mayweather speaks for the lack of knowledge of the general public. lets take the best chess player vs the best checkers player and see who wins. its more of a reality show, and being sold on the prefight hype and trash talking than the actual fight. its reality tv, and reality tv is popular becuase ppl are idiots

I've always thought the excitement of peak era k1 was down to the fighters not the rule set. The more k1 tries to limit clinching the more painful it is to watch.

full thai rules, international muay thai or kickboxing judging, i respect a lot stadium muay thai, but i hate their judging, i hate the "slow rounds" for the gamblers, how the 4 and 5 round have so many weight in the fight meanwhile the 3 firts rounds don't have any and how punches score so little unless they do damage, i prefer nontraditional, ""modern"" judging for muay thai, valuing punchings and volume, maybe is because i am a MMA guy but i like clinch fighting, and i actually like having some moments where the fight slow down a little.

my main problem with old K1/glory rules (modern K1 basically is lowkick kickboxing with knees) is that these rules are basically watereddown muay thai, i hate the lack of elbows, something about it bothers me, on MMA and muay thai elbows are one of my favorite strikes, i don't like the lack of sweeps and the limited clinch, but my main problem is the lack of elbows, i never understood why japaneses seems to hate it, they cut, but knees also can cut and elbow pads can prevent cuts, but in any case i can appreciate good K1 rules kickboxing, the fighters are more important than the rules, even if i would like if glory allowed elbows, or better, if they used full thai rules.

There are too many Kickboxing styles and most people not in the know would not tell the difference from muay Thai and K-1 style.
Me I wish there was just 2 styles being one old style PKA Full Contact rules with no leg kicks and for Karate/Tae-Kwon-do fighters to set up from Semi-Contact and the other being where the Muay Thai/Burmese-Indo styles/K-1 figt with low kick's/clinching etc.
full contact kickboxing here is hated, but i love it, when i watch lowkick kickboxing i feel it like watereddown K1 rules, and as i say K1 rules feels like watereddown muay thai, meanwhile with full contact kickboxing this their own animal, their own sport separated from lowkick, K1 and muay thai ruleset, would love if the most popular form of commercial kickboxing was muay thai followed by full contact kickboxing, and not K1 rules followed by muay thai like happens actually, fighters like stephen thompson, raymond daniels and michael paige would shine on full contact rules.

Last edited:
I dislike elbows but I love clinching....so, tough call I guess...

Ha ha interesting. I found this post that I made almost exactly 4 years ago.

I still love clinching and sweeps and dumps, obviously.

But I started liking elbows more since I started to follow full-Thai rules with fighters such as MuangThai, Seksan or PTT.

The reason I disliked elbows is because I never trained them. My base is K1 and Judo, so it's only logical that I turned to Muay Thai.

I am still abit ambivalent about elbows, but due to the lack of clinching, sweeps and dumps in K1 I exclusively follow MT now.

Back