prefer glory or muay thai rules fights

If Burmese boxing (Lethwei) was a choice I would have picked that since it allows headbutts and more types of throws, but since it's not I will go with Thai boxing which is basically the same thing with more restrictions.

I have not cared for the K-1 rules since Buakaw forced the Japanese to alter the rules so that people with no knowledge of the clinch and knees could also win...

I would be all for MT being more liberal in what throws they allow. Headbutt not so sure though. They are devastating and fighters would get bad cuts in the first 3 rounds.

I like both. The idea of the muay thai ruleset with the elbow strikes being allowed and greater clinch is cool to me, especially elbows which I really enjoy. However, Glory with kickboxing rules has such a much more polished product and on tv and with English commentary more frequently, while I really have only have Lion Fight with their occasional cards on AXS TV to compare it to. While entertaining, Lion Fight cards always feels lacking in sophistication and any kind of continuity compared to Glory. If there was a promotion with muay thai rules that had a great roster and frequent cards on tv in English, I am sure I would love it.

I stopped reading right there. Get your facts straight before you try educating people on a subject...

if you wanna be all technical, than no its not removed, but its limited and not being able to elbow changes the clinch game as well.

Wow they really do break arms. I can't consider having your arms over a torso a block since that clearly does lead to visible damage.

I've got to give RVR credit since he is so durable p. He takes 1000s of those kicks and hasn't had a broken arm yet

Is there any good way to block kicks? Every type of block (arms, shins) hurts like hell. The only pain free block is to take it on the gloves but clearly that presents its own set of problems.

Is there any good way to block kicks? Every type of block (arms, shins) hurts like hell. The only pain free block is to take it on the gloves but clearly that presents its own set of problems.
What problems does it have?

What problems does it have?

For starters, You can't block low kicks and some body kicks unless you literally move your gloves to the target area which may sometimes be impossible or impractical. Otherwise you'd just take it on the arms.

You can avoid the kick by leaning back

I'm a MT purist and love the clinch and elbow game but god damn glory puts on some exciting fights to watch

I'm new to all this but I like Thai fighting rules. Even with groin strikes.

I wish 3 giant leagues/orgs could exist for the following

1) Muay Thai internationally
2) Shoot boxing
3) Glory/k1 with elbows
4) Pure international kickboxing rules. All kicks and punches allowed and no knees or elbows.

I'm new to all this but I like Thai fighting rules. Even with groin strikes.

I wish 3 giant leagues/orgs could exist for the following

1) Muay Thai internationally
2) Shoot boxing
3) Glory/k1 with elbows
4) Pure international kickboxing rules. All kicks and punches allowed and no knees or elbows.
shoot boxing with elbows? or without them?

Back