Premier League Thread 2017/18 v100: Democratic Elections Special Edition - Concrete´s new nickname

Concrete´s new nickname

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great leaving Barca. Puyol, Xavi, and now Iniesta.
I still miss Puyol. My favorite Barca player ever after Messi and Dinho. Always felt safe and comfortable with him back there. Pure class as a player and person.

Hell one could even say he is as important as Messi to Barca's success.
maybe, but probably because there is no viable backup. It's kind of like the chicken and the egg and what came first. Without Busquets they get overrun in the midfield but without Messi they dont have the thing that makes them special. We see it all the time. When he has not started they look dreadful most of the time.

maybe, but probably because there is no viable backup. It's kind of like the chicken and the egg and what came first. Without Busquets they get overrun in the midfield but without Messi they dont have the thing that makes them special. We see it all the time. When he has not started they look dreadful most of the time.
With Iniesta gone you should go after Eriksen (i hope it does not happen though :p), not Griezmann if the rumours are to be believed.

Poch basically indirectly told Levy it's time to stump up in the post match presser

He built an incredible side on peanuts. Time to back him to keep him around or risk going back to being Spursy.

Poch is certainly not the issue
I think they need a breakthrough pretty quickly or else they will start losing their best players. Toby is already leaving but with Sanchez they can sustain that. They can't sustain the losses of Eriksen or Kane, maybe Alli but not those two. If they keep them this summer they better win something next year or it's hard to see them there after.

With Iniesta gone you should go after Eriksen (i hope it does not happen though :p), not Griezmann if the rumours are to be believed.
Absolutely agreed. Griezmann would be nice but I'd take Eriksen over him because he is more of a need and would fit in perfectly in Barca's system. We do need a replacement for Suarez though. Hes almost 32 and getting slower. If he is not in shape like at the start of the season he is awful. He's not the player he was a couple years ago. That's why I think they were going for Griezmann as his eventual successor but I dont see him as an out and out #9. He's versatile but against the very top teams I don't think he will be as effective as Suarez was.

If them statto nerds ever worked out a formula for giving us a football IQ metric i can't think of many that would come close to Busquets. He's like a fucking owl.

Such an avg athlete but playing at that high of a level. Incredible really.

Poch looked as angry as i've ever seen him today

Its one thing dominating Juve & finding a way to lose but fn hell this Utd is not a good side by any measure.

Absolutely agreed. Griezmann would be nice but I'd take Eriksen over him because he is more of a need and would fit in perfectly in Barca's system. We do need a replacement for Suarez though. Hes almost 32 and getting slower. If he is not in shape like at the start of the season he is awful. He's not the player he was a couple years ago. That's why I think they were going for Griezmann as his eventual successor but I dont see him as an out and out #9. He's versatile but against the very top teams I don't think he will be as effective as Suarez was.
Real also needs to replace Benzema. Maybe Firmino idk.

I still miss Puyol. My favorite Barca player ever after Messi and Dinho. Always felt safe and comfortable with him back there. Pure class as a player and person.

Puyol was pure class and heart of Barca team. Damn, somebody cutting onions.

Will be going to last Barca game this season.

I think they need a breakthrough pretty quickly or else they will start losing their best players. Toby is already leaving but with Sanchez they can sustain that. They can't sustain the losses of Eriksen or Kane, maybe Alli but not those two. If they keep them this summer they better win something next year or it's hard to see them there after.
Yep. They've given Poch 4 years & they've grown & benefitted from him massively but Levy needs to provide a very good transfer haul in summer to show Eriksen & Vertonghen they're worth committing too for longer.

can someone make a quick thread taking the piss out of spurs

a mod is gonna close this thread

it's at 1300+ lol

If them statto nerds ever worked out a formula for giving us a football IQ metric i can't think of many that would come close to Busquets. He's like a fucking owl.

Such an avg athlete but playing at that high of a level. Incredible really.
It blows my mind how he influences the game so much while being sooooo slow. He sees the game so well and his anticipation is second to none. They way he uses his body with the feints and subtle movements is beautiful. Any aspiring CDM should watch videos of him.
Real also needs to replace Benzema. Maybe Firmino idk.
Firmino would be a good upgrade. Benzema still does a lot of the dirty work with his runs, holdup/linkup play and awareness of where his teammates are that helps keep CR7 clean while he runs into the box. Firmino would just be a much better version of that as he has shown he can do that while still scoring at a good rate for Pool.
Puyol was pure class and heart of Barca team. Damn, somebody cutting onions.

Will be going to last Barca game this season.
Awesome bruv. Can't believe there's only 5 matches left. You going to the Real Sociedad match? I really really hope it's for the invincible season.

You'd be f'n deadly if you added Griz & Eriksen. They are both so versatile. Eriksen can play 6 different positions. Griz can play 4.

I read somewhere recently that an ex Barca player has learned that Eriksen is very interested in joining Barca. I forget where i read it but he asked a 2nd time for confirmation as word inside Barca was his agent told them he wasn't interested back when he was option B if Coutinho deal fell through.

Word is Eriksen is after ditching his agent.

Hope its bollocks but remember thinking it sounded really credible.

Firmino would be a good upgrade. Benzema still does a lot of the dirty work with his runs, holdup/linkup play and awareness of where his teammates are that helps keep CR7 clean while he runs into the box. Firmino would just be a much better version of that as he has shown he can do that while still scoring at a good rate for Pool.
Not to mention if Bale leaves as its rumoured (i like the lad but his injuries worry me), Firmino and Salah would be amazing addition.

Not to mention if Bale leaves as its rumoured (i like the lad but his injuries worry me), Firmino and Salah would be amazing addition.
Had to laugh today.

CW getting gassed over Alexis reminded me of them spurs mugs who lived vicariously through Bale after he'd moved to Real. Embarrassing.

You'd be f'n deadly if you added Griz & Eriksen. They are both so versatile. Eriksen can play 6 different positions. Griz can play 4.

I read somewhere recently that an ex Barca player has learned that Eriksen is very interested in joining Barca. I forget where i read it but he asked a 2nd time for confirmation as word inside Barca was his agent told them he wasn't interested back when he was option B if Coutinho deal fell through.

Word is Eriksen is after ditching his agent.

Hope its bollocks but remember thinking it sounded really credible.
2420708486_36aec7f1a2_o.gif

I heard that rumor but was not sure because it seems like 95% of rumors are BS.

I think he'd finally be the replacement for Xavi that Barca have disregarded because Messi has taken up that role while still expecting him to pour in 45-50 goals a season and he still does it. Would free him up more and save his legs for the latter stages of the season. Messi was brilliant again today but it's obvious his legs are tired as compared to 4-5 months ago because they can barely rest him.

Bale and 100 mil for Firmino and Salah? That would be scary. Bale is good when healthy but he never is and you cant count on him. Surplus goods atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back