Premier League Thread 2017/18 v35: Kama'aina edition

Will Ostovich win tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the first year in awhile that big game results actually decide the league.

City getting Sanchez in January will give them the boost they need to go on and win the league.
. I hope he pulls a tevez on them and fucks off golfing.

I felt that way too before the season started but didn't expect the early dip and Roman is trigger happy. Sure city are blowing away teams now but will they be able to grind out games later in the season when they go through bad patches? Yeah fair enough I thought he was hard done by too but I always find it hard to argue with the success the later managers have. The early mourinho stuff with duff and robben that he got away from was the best to watch for me.
I guess that's what we will have to see, it's the only chance the league has got ^^ but even with mendy, gundogan, kompany and aguero injured they are still beastin so when those come back i think they will be able to handle.

Yeah exactly, chelsea fire manager after manager but they still have been one of the most succesful teams of the 21st century so it's difficult to argue against abramovich but i kind of am getting tired of this sackamanger. Who knows what could have we achevied with a little bit more of patience maybe less, who knows.

and yes this was indeed one heelluva team
BFKgLIZCIAE-SWA.jpg

#roadto138 update:
145 fully hydrated broke the 148 plateau thank fuck

Lmao, still remember them bending over for tevez to return after saying he would never wear the colours again.
I was hoping he'd go to Liverpool to really piss off the Manchester clubs. Shame he's gone he brought the rustlemania.
I guess that's what we will have to see, it's the only chance the league has got ^^ but even with mendy, gundogan, kompany and aguero injured they are still beastin so when those come back i think they will be able to handle.

Yeah exactly, chelsea fire manager after manager but they still have been one of the most succesful teams of the 21st century so it's difficult to argue against abramovich but i kind of am getting tired of this sackamanger. Who knows what could have we achevied with a little bit more of patience maybe less, who knows.

and yes this was indeed one heelluva team
BFKgLIZCIAE-SWA.jpg
Yeah they've coped with injuries well so far. I used to think stability and giving the manager time was so important growing up with Ferguson and Wenger winning everything, but his recent failings and Madrid and Chelsea having success going the opposite way has really changed my mind on that. Other clubs would have persisted on with scolari based on his reputation and made things worse. Crazy line up league has definitely taken a fall from grace since.

Time for me to hit the sack. Then I'll probably go to bed. Nice talking to y'all. You're helping me stay sober. Genuinely.

@Tules

I was a good model back in the day (like 7 years ago, before the baldness really hit).

DSC005982.jpg

Ffs Ollie! are there any ugly cunts in this gaf, at all?
Damm, if you take me out of the equation we pretty much look like an idol band, with Blokey as the ex-rock star, rowdy manager.

Ffs Ollie! are there any ugly cunts in this gaf, at all?
Damm, if you take me out of the equation we pretty much look like an idol band, with Blokey as the ex-rock star, rowdy manager.

Don't worry bro, that was a while back. I'm bald, weird and frail looking now ftw!

I was hoping he'd go to Liverpool to really piss off the Manchester clubs. Shame he's gone he brought the rustlemania.
Yeah they've coped with injuries well so far. I used to think stability and giving the manager time was so important growing up with Ferguson and Wenger winning everything, but his recent failings and Madrid and Chelsea having success going the opposite way has really changed my mind on that. Other clubs would have persisted on with scolari based on his reputation and made things worse. Crazy line up league has definitely taken a fall from grace since.
I think it's just a different era now, this is the money era.

Back in the day you made a bad buy you paid for it, these days it's just like Meh he's a 50 mill bum I'll just sign another person for 80.

Yeah it might bring short term succes but long term it doesn't seem as a smart management. I mean one coach likes something so he brings in a lot of certain type of players, sells others, improves the young players, starts implementing some type of culture with the players. Then has one season that isn't that great, is sacked, somebody else gets the team, maybe buys back some of the previously sold players (like we almost did with lukaku), sell some players, maybe this guy doesn't give a fuck about the young player developpement so the job done by the previous manager is going down the drain and basically the new manager starts almost from 0.

For me it just seems that without any continuity you just loose a lot in efficiency. If in the first place you do your manager recruitement the right way, you get somebody that is suited for the job, you should give him time to work. Something like 3 seasons (2 at the minimum).

But it seems that sacking managers after one season without titles is becoming a trend. Even a very well managed club that gives time to their coaches like bayern fired Ancelotti after an average beginning of the season.

I think it's just a different era now, this is the money era.

Back in the day you made a bad buy you paid for it, these days it's just like Meh he's a 50 mill bum I'll just sign another person for 80.
agents have definitely smartened players up too that the club and fans are fickle and don't really give a fuck about you so you should do the same. It all feels like lip service now.
@Good Ole Stannis's BBQ I'm pretty sure SAF didn't win anything in his first three years?

Imagine they sacked him....
I hate hindsight but yeah they probably wouldn't even think about doing it now. Who is to say the next manager wouldn't have brought them a lot of success too obviously not the same level though.

agents have definitely smartened players up too that the club and fans are fickle and don't really give a fuck about you so you should do the same. It all feels like lip service now.
I hate hindsight but yeah they probably wouldn't even think about doing it now. Who is to say the next manager wouldn't have brought them a lot of success too obviously not the same level though.
Lmao how the fuck did Wenger survive 8 years of winning fuck all.... Like to have such an amazing team to pure shit....

Managers at small clubs don't even survive 8 years for just keeping the team in the Prem.

@EOW loving that spot on the ladder.

Really hope it ends that way!

Yeah it might bring short term succes but long term it doesn't seem as a smart management. I mean one coach likes something so he brings in a lot of certain type of players, sells others, improves the young players, starts implementing some type of culture with the players. Then has one season that isn't that great, is sacked, somebody else gets the team, maybe buys back some of the previously sold players (like we almost did with lukaku), sell some players, maybe this guy doesn't give a fuck about the young player developpement so the job done by the previous manager is going down the drain and basically the new manager starts almost from 0.

For me it just seems that without any continuity you just loose a lot in efficiency. If in the first place you do your manager recruitement the right way, you get somebody that is suited for the job, you should give him time to work. Something like 3 seasons (2 at the minimum).

But it seems that sacking managers after one season without titles is becoming a trend. Even a very well managed club that gives time to their coaches like bayern fired Ancelotti after an average beginning of the season.
yeah at a job like Chelsea it's easy to see why youth players aren't really coming through. Conte wanted more involvement though right? Seems odd for a manager who must know his days were always numbered. Did you want lukaku back or were you happier with morata?
Lmao how the fuck did Wenger survive 8 years of winning fuck all.... Like to have such an amazing team to pure shit....

Managers at small clubs don't even survive 8 years for just keeping the team in the Prem.
In all honesty the fa cup is so diluted in prestige he's still waiting. The rep of being the guy that went toe to toe with Ferguson and united being rewarded for sticking with him was definitely a factor imo. I think the board kind of look up to united and turn their nose at Chelsea a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back