Premier League Thread 2017/18 v74: Flowers of Manchester Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Fantasy purposes a Kane da Gawd hattrick would be lovely.

Also anyone saying Kane > Henry is on the Lamar Odom imo

Fantasy purposes a Kane da Gawd hattrick would be lovely.

Also anyone saying Kane > Henry is on the Lamar Odom imo
Captained Kane as well :D

Shat on @Sebbe

Makes no sense to compare anyway, Kane is 24 ffs. The fact that he is even compared to Henry at 24 speaks for how good Kane really is, imo.

Since I didn't include no bike racks in the OP

Naming six substitutes for last weekend's Premier League draw at Burnley was simply a question of timing, says Man City boss Pep Guardiola.

Pep Guardiola says his decision to name six substitutes against Burnley was a question of timing rather than a form of protest.

After the Manchester City manager failed to fill his bench for last Saturday's 1-1 draw at Turf Moor, the move was criticised by pundits including Gary Neville.

"I think it's a joke, I absolutely think it's a joke," former Manchester United defender Neville told Sky Sports.

City were without Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Phil Foden and John Stones due to injury, with Guardiola citing a late withdrawal from David Silva for his choice to name a squad of 17.

"I think it's the first time in my life but all the players were injured, believe me," Guardiola told reporters on Friday.

"David trained with us that day. On that day, at four in the afternoon, he did a training session. That's why I did not call another player.

"During the training session he said he wasn't ready and after that I said, 'Go to the second team', but in one hour and a half the second team were going to play a game.

"So I thought I am not going to call a player to go to the bench when normally the substitute is Brahim [Diaz] or maybe Yaya [Toure] or another one.

"That was the reason why. Normally, of course, you would have 18 players. It was the first time in my life, it was an exception.

"If the training session had been at 10 in the morning, 11 in the morning it would have been 18 players. But it is not a big issue, it's okay."

.@LeroySane19 and @gabrieljesus33 are nearing the end of their road to recovery! #mancity pic.twitter.com/HidR5mXX4c

— Manchester City (@ManCity) February 9, 2018

And Guardiola hit out at Neville, who was in charge of Valencia for four months before being sacked by the LaLiga club in his sole managerial job to date.

"He has to know this guy, the pundit, he has to know my job is serious," Guardiola said of Neville's comment.

"Never is it a joke. My job is so serious. He should know that because he was a manager for a short time."

Asked if he would consider naming a squad short of the full complement again, Guardiola added: "I don't know. Management is not a book, where every time you have to do the same things.

"Sometimes I speak to the team in one way, the other week in another way. All the other managers are the same. It is not a book where we have to follow the rules.

"Of course, the prestigious pundit [Neville] can say whatever he wants, but I take the decisions."

City welcome Leicester City to the Etihad Stadium, but Silva could again be absent due to injury.

"He had a tough kick against West Brom and here it is painful," Guardiola said. "It's not a big problem, but it's a kick where you need time.

"He trained today but he doesn't feel right and I would prefer he recovers. He is so important for us."

With City without Silva and Sane, a move for Riyad Mahrez failed at the end of the January transfer window.

The Foxes winger subsequently missed Leicester's two matches, but Guardiola refuted claims his side were to blame for the situation.

"Leicester came to pick up Kelechi [Iheanacho], we did it," Guardiola said.

"In all the transfers, clubs call the clubs. It's simple like that. After that we are not involved in anything.

"It's a decision for the player and for the club. Not for Manchester City.

"I wish as soon as possible [Mahrez] can come back and play because he is an extraordinary player."

Pep Guardiola would love to grant Kevin De Bruyne a break from first-team duties but fears the Belgian may be too influential for City.

Kevin De Bruyne's relentless efforts on the pitch for Manchester City have made him so important to Pep Guardiola that the Catalan is wary of granting him the rest he may need.

Belgium international De Bruyne has started all 26 of City's Premier League matches this season and has covered 288 kilometres in the top flight this season - the 10th greatest distance of any player - and admitted he was feeling like "s***" during the busy campaign.

Guardiola concedes the 26-year-old could likely use a break, but his willingness to work to his maximum on every occasion is valued too highly by the former Bayern Munich boss.

"I don't have words to express my gratitude as a manager," said Guardiola.

"My example is words; the players' examples are the facts and one of the best players we have is the guy who runs the most and fights the most.

"He is an incredible example for the other guys and the players in the academy. He is one of the most talented players I have ever seen in my life and without the ball he is a guy who makes this kind of intensity every three days.

"If he needs the rest, he needs it. It is not just being tired here [legs] it is tired here [mentally]. The Premier League is so demanding with the lack of rest."

Guardiola outlined that David Silva's absence due to the premature birth of his son and injuries to Fabian Delph and Ben Foden restricted his chances to leave De Bruyne out.

He said: "In that period [December], I couldn't give him rest because David had some personal problems, it's going well with his son but now he's injured.

"Delph and Foden are injured, that's why I couldn't move [the players] a lot. They can come back and I'll give him some rest.

"He has played a lot of minutes and he deserves some rest but on the other hand he is so important for us. In every game he creates an amount of chances, helps us offensively and defensively – also for the fact that we are there, fighting for important things.

"In that situation, you are not tired. He said, 'I'm tired' but if there had been another game in three days he'd have been ready to play."

Another player to establish himself as a key figure at City this season is goalkeeper Ederson, whose composed nature and quality distribution quickly marked him out as a notable upgrade on Claudio Bravo.

Guardiola considers the Brazilian to be one of the leading keepers in the world and backed him to develop even further.

"We are impressed with the fact he is young and came from Portugal to here. You never know what is going to happen, but immediately he adapted well," said the Catalan.

"We knew the quality of his passing but it is not just the quality of the pass, it is reading whether you can pass the ball here, here, here or there. That is the most difficult thing and he reads it well.

"The most important thing, from my point of view, is he is so calm. When he concedes a goal he is quiet but if he makes an extraordinary save he is quiet. His reaction is the same. He is stable.

"He is young, he has to improve a lot of things. I think he is one of the best in the world and in the future he will be stronger."

<{anton}>

Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan says Arsene Wenger is friendlier and calmer than former boss at Manchester United, Jose Mourinho.

Arsene Wenger understands players more than Jose Mourinho, according to new Arsenal recruit Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

The Armenian swapped Manchester for north London during the January transfer window as part of the deal that took Alexis Sanchez to Old Trafford.

It ended a mixed spell at United for Mkhitaryan since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in July 2016, the attacking midfielder having enjoyed sporadic runs in the first team.

Mkhitaryan made 63 appearances across all competitions for United, scoring 13 goals and winning the EFL Cup, Europa League and Community Shield.

However, he had become a bit-part player under Mourinho this season.

Now, under the guidance of Wenger at Arsenal, Mkhitaryan has already produced three assists and says the Frenchman understands him better.

"Mourinho required a lot from the players," he told SFR Sport. "A lot, he was very hard.

"Arsene Wenger is friendlier, he understands, can think about players' situations, is calmer. That's the difference."

Despite his difficult time at United, Mkhitaryan is confident he made a positive impact at the club.

"I think I left an impression in Manchester, although I had difficulties," he added.

"We won three trophies in a year and a half, it's not every club that does that.

"We won the Europa League final, I scored a goal. If people say that I have not had enough success it is their opinion, but I can say that I had a lot of success at the club."

<{anton}>

Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan says Arsene Wenger is friendlier and calmer than former boss at Manchester United, Jose Mourinho.

Arsene Wenger understands players more than Jose Mourinho, according to new Arsenal recruit Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

The Armenian swapped Manchester for north London during the January transfer window as part of the deal that took Alexis Sanchez to Old Trafford.

It ended a mixed spell at United for Mkhitaryan since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in July 2016, the attacking midfielder having enjoyed sporadic runs in the first team.

Mkhitaryan made 63 appearances across all competitions for United, scoring 13 goals and winning the EFL Cup, Europa League and Community Shield.

However, he had become a bit-part player under Mourinho this season.

Now, under the guidance of Wenger at Arsenal, Mkhitaryan has already produced three assists and says the Frenchman understands him better.

"Mourinho required a lot from the players," he told SFR Sport. "A lot, he was very hard.

"Arsene Wenger is friendlier, he understands, can think about players' situations, is calmer. That's the difference."

Despite his difficult time at United, Mkhitaryan is confident he made a positive impact at the club.

"I think I left an impression in Manchester, although I had difficulties," he added.

"We won three trophies in a year and a half, it's not every club that does that.

"We won the Europa League final, I scored a goal. If people say that I have not had enough success it is their opinion, but I can say that I had a lot of success at the club."
who would have thought :D

Derby starts at 630 for me. I’ll be up. Should end by the time I have to leave for bjj

Nah neutral I just hate missing the big games

You say that but a cursory research tells another tale:

I began supporting Arsenal when i was 13, after my hipster Granny gave me the Ljungberg kit for my birthday. It was glorious, i scored some great goals on my backyard wearing that shirt. Socks were awesome too, with the guns and all. I ended using them for my first wanks while stalking my readhead milf neighbour thru the window. After a few weeks they could stand on their own so i have to move onto new utensils but my love for all Arsenal things stayed with me.

For realz mang, comparing Kane with Henry, ffs, pass me that bong, you know what i mean?
I used - and still do from time to time - to fap over Titty´s highlights and spray my jizz all over my huge, bright red Arsenal banner - mind you, banner was on the ceiling. It was glorious meng, i felt like the oregonian version of Jason Pollock. Good times, bro, good times...

To be clear, not saying that you are a 100% certified gunner per se, but i guess a narrative could be construed to paint you in such a light imo.

You say that but a cursory research tells another tale:

To be clear, not saying that you are a 100% certified gunner per se, but i guess a narrative could be construed to paint you in such a light imo.
Fake news with fake posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back