Premier League Thread 2017/18 v86: Spurs Will Always Let You Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
German commentators have just mistaken Monreal for Peter Crouch

<{dootch}>

@Deffid what is a German toilet shelf and why are you people so fucking weird. Answers please.

<Wenger85>

My dad's like : "Dan, why'd you take English for language? Why not a foreign language?

Me : Cuz I'm good at it and don't want my GPA to fall...(shouldn't have said that).

Dad : Wow. That's a weak mentality. You should be willing to learn something new....blah blah blah look at your sisters blah blah.

I stayed quiet but in my head I'm like, shut up old man you can't speak more than one either.

My dad's like : "Dan, why'd you take English for language? Why not a foreign language?

Me : Cuz I'm good at it and don't want my GPA to fall...(shouldn't have said that).

Dad : Wow. That's a weak mentality. You should be willing to learn something new....blah blah blah look at your sisters blah blah.

I stayed quiet but in my head I'm like, shut up old man you can't speak more than one either.

I'd have probably done the same as you, ie choosing what I'm comfortable with, but I can see where he's coming from tbf

Personally I wish I put effort into learning French. It was my worst subject simply because everyone else saw it as being a waste of time and so I did too and never bothered with it.

Then when it came to choosing my A-levels, I went to a better school and they offered new subjects that I'd never attempted before, but again I played it safe lol. Not to say playing it safe is bad either, but in terms of learning a language, I can see the positives.

it was like do i choose geography, a subject which I can MURK but have no real interest in, or take Economics because I've never studied it before but I'm interested in?

Geography it is lol

@danny23 I haven’t even told my dad my gcse results let alone anything else lmao

If he’s taking an interest in your education then that’s all you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back