Premier League Thread 2018/19 v24: Sarriball v The Bus

Who wins the early kick-off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a bitter United fan (that's only half the truth!) but despite their great runs I have not been overly impressed with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea tbh. They've all done well, and are streets ahead of United obviously, but whenever I've seen them they all seem to be winning games which are 50/50s or at most 60/40s. The old adage of "champions win when they aren't playing well" is true to an extent, but it's hard to sustain it over a season.
Spurs are like a 3-legged stray cat tryna get fed in a nice neighourhood.

Arsenal are about where you'ld expect them to be under new m/ment.

Chelsea's midfield 3 are technically proficient but dont create enough. Kovacic is being overrated, imo. Mou admitted to suppressing their triggers. They dont have enough attacking ones.

Clubs have figured out how to stymie the WB attacks of 3atb defences. Pep's been working on this from the opening day of the season by adding other fluid dimensions(inverted wingers, inverted WB's etc) & is ahead of the pack. Klopp isn't too far behind him.

Utd's players arent being played to their individual strengths. Theres no cohesion. Ironic that the players Mou has shamed the most are the ones keeping him in a job right now.

Utd's players arent being played to their individual strengths. Theres no cohesion. Ironic that the players Mou has shamed the most are the ones keeping him in a job right now.

Bailly aside that's probably true. We still need to see a lot more from Martial and Pogba though.....a good 30 minute spell every other game isn't really good enough.

Need him to stop starting Matic and Lukaku every single game.......and Lindelof is a bit wank too.

Match of the Day pundits praising Cardiff

INJECT IN MY VEINS

Josh Murphy is one hell of a player @blokeybloke

Bailly aside that's probably true. We still need to see a lot more from Martial and Pogba though.....a good 30 minute spell every other game isn't really good enough.

Need him to stop starting Matic and Lukaku every single game.......and Lindelof is a bit wank too.
Is Herrera injured?

Daft as it might sound a Lukaku/Morata swap deal might improve both sides.

I feel for Morata. I've been watching him closely this season & by god is he one unlucky motherfucker. All of the fine margins have gone against him. His confidence is shot now, he's getting no rub of the green at all. Hope he can turn things around. There's still a player inside of him.

I still dont see what people believe to be in Barkley. He's been shite in the games i've watched him.

Is Herrera injured?

Daft as it might sound a Lukaku/Morata swap deal might improve both sides.

Herrera came on today, I think.

Both United and Chelsea need way better than Lukaku/Morata. Not that many good traditional #9s out there. United should surely experiment more with Rash/Sanchez/Martial down the middle, but Jose seems allergic to the idea.

Match of the Day pundits praising Cardiff

INJECT IN MY VEINS

Josh Murphy is one hell of a player @blokeybloke
So many sides could go down this year. Hoping your lot survive. Whatever they may lack in quality they sure fn fight & scrap to make up for it.

NBCSN have rustled tf outta me putting games behind their Gold paywall. Missing games like this is a kick in the balls. Highlights on MOTD dont do them justice, imo.

MIght have to fold & shell out the extra $50.

Herrera came on today, I think.

Both United and Chelsea need way better than Lukaku/Morata. Not that many good traditional #9s out there. United should surely experiment more with Rash/Sanchez/Martial down the middle, but Jose seems allergic to the idea.
I'm surprised no Prem side went in for Higuain or Dzeko, tbh. Higuain would be perfect for Utd rn. Dzeko could put Wolves over the hump.

Never known such a famine of quality strikers like we're experiencing now.

Utd need a quality RB, a Pjanic type CM & a new Manager

Give Matic a crack at CB. He's done as a CM.

Utd are in such a mess right now that signing 3 Juve starters wouldnt get them in title contention.

I'm surprised no Prem side went in for Higuain or Dzeko, tbh. Higuain would be perfect for Utd rn. Dzeko could put Wolves over the hump.

Never known such a famine of quality strikers like we're experiencing now.

Higuain and Dzeko at United in 2018? Meh. Exactly the kind of signing I would hate. Jose would love them though, I'm sure. If we had to take a player at that stage of their career, I'd probably favour Arnautovic and Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back