President Trump: Creation of Space Force, 6th Branch of US Military

Ok trump idiots, let me break this down for you since half yall are arguing nonsense.

There are some benefits to this, ill break it down in snippets.

1) nasa and other space companies would benefit from the defense budget. i dont know need to explain to much more,
but maybe we might see a airbase on the moon like lunex project or horizon program from the 50s and 60s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunex_Project
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Horizon

2) a lot more projects would and spacecraft would be developed at a quicker rate
3)Asteroid and minning helium-3 on the moon
4) He who dominates space dominates the earth. This would ensure american power and great boost american pride as a nation
5) Weapons tech would see a rapid development, like engines tech and space suits.

Cons.

1) The military budget would be insane.
2) why not give more money to nasa and or merge nasa with the airforce thus giving a nasa more money to develop tech for the airfore?
3) Seriously stop sucking trumps dick, this isnt helping. if he wants to go back to the moon he needs to stop giving the military money and give nasa money so we could seed up space development. Easy alternative.
4) if he gave money to nasa instead of the military it would benefit civilians more
5) he could invest money into asteroid mining, a lunar base, which would help create more scientist and engineers instead of fucking soldiers.
This is a good post, but we should both find it chilling that you didn't include the full militarization of space, which is antithetical to peace and international law via our commitments, an ethical failure that is literally of proportions exceeding our world.

This is a good post, but we should both find it chilling that you didn't include the full militarization of space, which is antithetical to peace and international law via our commitments, an ethical failure that is literally of proportions exceeding our world.

Trump seems to only focus on military policy which is fucking annoying. But yes, but this will ensure american power for years to come. Personally as long as it secure humanities survial im all for space development, no matter how we get it

I think we call agree that while more immediate exploration of our solar system and an expanded presence in space is beneficial to all of humanity.... Trump is more or less giving us the 9 year old version of that with "think about soldiers in space, with lasers, anti-gravity weapons and American flags on Saturn! SPACE FORCE."

I'm sure a lot of people here would prefer we focus resources on this planet's issues than invest them in off world projects, and a lot would argue the inevitability of nature demands we make those investments now. But I think all of us reasonable adults can come together and admit no matter where we land on the issue, we all agree the President sounds like a fucking buffoon on this.
That's what I've been thinking. He waves off climate change but wants to spend on a space force for our future.
<{clintugh}>

Trump seems to only focus on military policy which is fucking annoying. But yes, but this will ensure american power for years to come. Personally as long as it secure humanities survial im all for space development, no matter how we get it
Just shitcan international law and the treaty we created. No biggie. Fuck the concept of reserving space exploration for cooperation, let's have some star wars for no reason whatsoever. Just completely bend over and get assfucked by cynicism, because somebody's gonna do it anyway, right? Well, that somebody is us. We're the bad guy.

That is the concern. That's the consequence, the only thing that matters here. This about-face on civilization.

Maybe we shouldn't be making that decision today, with this joke of a president, with this rising tide that foreshadows major war in a way that we haven't felt in more than 30 years.

Just shitcan international law and the treaty we created. No biggie. Fuck the concept of reserving space exploration for cooperation, let's have some star wars for no reason whatsoever. Just completely bend over and get assfucked by cynicism, because somebody's gonna do it anyway, right? Well, that somebody is us. We're the bad guy.

That is the concern. That's the consequence, the only thing that matters here. This about-face on civilization.

Maybe we shouldn't be making that decision today, with this joke of a president, with this rising tide that foreshadows major war in a way that we haven't felt in more than 30 years.

you know i couldnt agree with you more. Like if he wants a space force so bad merge nasa with the airforce so they can benfit from the military budget.
if he want to industrialize space we need a big budget increase. Hell, the faster we do that the faster we could change the market and shape it so america and its allies benefit .

This won't ensure shit if it leads to economic disaster. A trillion dollar per year deficit is absolutely insane, and that was before the creation of this new branch. If that wasn't enough, he's picking fights with everyone on trade at the moment.

This won't ensure shit if it leads to economic disaster. A trillion dollar per year deficit is absolutely insane, and that was before the creation of this new branch. If that wasn't enough, he's picking fights with everyone on trade at the moment.

oh im aware. im all for him picking on gay shit china, but eu and canada is fucking stupid

you know i couldnt agree with you more. Like if he wants a space force so bad merge nasa with the airforce so they can benfit from the military budget.
if he want to industrialize space we need a big budget increase. Hell, the faster we do that the faster we could change the market and shape it so america and its allies benefit .
It would be such a great human achievement to keep war out of space, it would be like our crown. We've shown it's possible because we have cut back on nukes and take them very seriously, so hopefully we can take the prospect of peace in space just as seriously, because it's just as important as nuke non-proliferation.

I would hope NASA's budget stays separate from the military, but I like your suggestion of taking money from the military budget for space. We're not getting a solid ROI in terms of security on the last 300 billion-ish of our military budget. Whoever starts the arms race in space is the enemy of humanity, imo.

It would be such a great human achievement to keep war out of space, it would be like our crown. We've shown it's possible because we have cut back on nukes and take them very seriously, so hopefully we can take the prospect of peace in space just as seriously, because it's just as important as nuke non-proliferation.

I would hope NASA's budget stays separate from the military, but I like your suggestion of taking money from the military budget for space. We're not getting a solid ROI in terms of security on the last 300 billion-ish of our military budget. Whoever starts the arms race in space is the enemy of humanity, imo.

if nasa had a 150B budget, the entire us public would better from a huge technological boom and betterment for our country. We could build a the planned space colony and keep thousands of people inside. We could also get better spacecraft and build a lunar base for.

who cares about free healthcare or education....who cares about flints water or puerto ricans (for those who dont know they are american citizens)...its all too expensive!!!

so lets build a space army thats gonna cost BILLIONS...

the logic has sent world i.q. levels back to the stone age.

i wonder what right wingers would say if obama wanted a "space force".

"typical low i.q. black wants to fight aliens"

Can everybody here take a big, deep breath and have a group unbunching of their panties?

Trump isn't creating a Space Force. He said he wants a Space Force, but that's like me saying I want to fuck Emma Ratajowski; want don't get. The final decision on setting up a new branch of the Military is reserved for Congress. And I really don't think there are enough Trekkies in Congress for that to happen.

Look, if we had the technology to build the USS Enterprise, then fuck International Law and Treaties; I'd be kicking down the doors of Star Fleet Academy and demanding you allow me to enlist. Hell, I'd even wear a Red Shirt:) But the technology to weaponize space really isn't there beyond the most basic level. Even if Congress was dumb enough to authorise this, and enough money could be found to fund it, the new Space Force would almost certainly be confined to the use of UAV's. And Drones are only fun to play with when one is turning Islamic terrorists into pink mist:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I for one am glad NASA has done away with the Space Shuttle and gone back to rockets. The new SLS (Space Launch System) configuration rocket is massive and some as powerful as the Saturn V. First flight scheduled for 2020.
. Saturn V, stage 1 thrust: 7,891,000 lbf (35,100 kN)
. SLS, stage 1 thrust: 7,200,000 lbf (32,000 kN)

That is a 'fuck' ton of thrust and horsepower to lift a mass of 6,540,000 lb (2,970,000 kg) 1" off the ground:

Last edited:
Only way for NASA to increase their shit funding is to attach themselves to the military where you can spend trillions and nobody blinks.

Sith Lord Trump is aiming for dominance of space. The Space Force will be built and the snowflakes and cucks are going to pay for it!

darthtrump.jpg

If Trump is Palpatine and Obama is Lando Calrisyan.

Who is Han Solo and Chewbacca?

That press conference was pretty hilarious, but so important, so important.

Back