President Trump to sign E.O. addressing family separation.

4pHsa4N4RLJUW8IAB8Crd1tyjF5eoEakfi-pArkGhgs.jpg

I didn’t bother to read any of the posts itt but let me guess what happened here. The same posters that were defending trump for separating kids from their parents are now celebrating trump for ending it.
{<redford}

@HereticBD
@Seano
@bobgeese

Do you want to explain to me how Trump was able to sign an executive order ending the practice of separating families after spending most of the day telling me how it was impossible to not separate families?
I never said it was "impossible." I just said its how we do it and that the hardship of it is being exaggerated for political points. To me, this feels like giving foreign criminals special rights that the rest of us don't receive.

I didn’t bother to read any of the posts itt but let me guess what happened here. The same posters that were defending trump for separating kids from their parents are now celebrating trump for ending it.
I didn't see anyone "celebrating." No need to exaggerate.

I never said it was "impossible." I just said its how we do it and that the hardship of it is being exaggerated for political points. To me, this feels like giving foreign criminals special rights that the rest of us don't receive.
When you're part of the "global" community, every foreigner has that "Spark of Divinity" that makes them a potential American just waiting to happen. ;)

The people who stood by Trump here largely seemed to justify their opinion because Democrats did it too. Although that wasn't exactly accurate, it allowed them to avoid the issue entirely and fall into the hole of having some sort of us v them battle with imaginary liberals. These people are a minority, though, and even Trump realized he couldn't get anywhere with that kind of support. True to form, they still don't care about what's happening, just whether they're getting one over on liberals.

That narrow view shields them from the fact that Trump just lost on immigration, and he's never been popular enough to waste political capital on failed attempts at reform.

New Jeff Sessions piece:

Some years ago, it was decided that law enforcement might arrest adults who crossed the border illegally by themselves, but anyone who brought a child with them would not be prosecuted, a form of immunity.

Word got out about this loophole with predictable results. The number of aliens illegally crossing with children between our ports of entry went from 14,000 to 75,000 — a fivefold increase — in just the past four years.

These trends undermine the integrity of our system. That’s why the policy that is causing them must end, too.

Ending this blanket immunity means prosecuting adults for illegal entry whether they have children with them or not. That is what we are doing at the Department of Justice.

But we will not put the children in jail. Instead, the children must be cared for by the Department of Health and Human Services, as the law requires.

And these children are well cared for. In fact, they get better care than a lot of American kids do. They are provided plenty of food, education in their language, health and dental care, and transported to their destination city — all at taxpayer expense.

In total, HHS is spending more than one billion taxpayer dollars a year providing quality care.

Separations are temporary and rare. The vast majority of children in custody came to this country by themselves.

Many unaccompanied children have been abused by smugglers or recruited by criminal gangs such as MS-13. There is nothing humane about encouraging human trafficking — but that is what open borders policies do. Everything the Trump administration is doing is helping put traffickers out of business.

If people have a genuine asylum claim, they can come to a port of entry, make their claim legally, and remain with their children while their case is processed.

We do not want to separate parents from their children. What we want is a safe, lawful system of immigration that would end this question altogether. We want to build a wall to prevent illegal entry. Congress could make that happen quickly — and they should.

Those who want to come to this country can and should apply legally. We have the most generous immigration laws in the world — but they should be enforced. At the Department of Justice, that is what we intend to do, and we ask Congress to be our partners in this effort.

Sessions is the one who ordered zero tolerance so everyone gets arrested and if they have kids they are seperated. That's why this crisis is entirely of their own making. Ok, it's good that they're reversing course, but for the last week they were blaming it on the dems and Congress and saying there was nothing that could be done.

Have you read through whatever it was that Sessions instructed Agencies to do?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/19/17476662/asylum-border-sessions

Based on this article it seems he is trying to clean up an existing problem with fraudulent claims for asylum . . . which leads to another question. How many actual cases have been found to be fraudulent?

And don't forget he claimed for days he couldn't cure cancer or world hunger until his demands were met and then he cured them both because he looked bad.

Do you want him to actually act like the dictator everyone whines about him acting like or not?

Can we just agree that our immigration system is severely broken and move on to finding a way to fix it? His tactics might not have been the preferred route, but folks (regardless of party) who can make these changes need to stop grandstanding and fix the issues.

lol at the language being used. Detention centres are now concentration camps and anyone who crosses the border illegally is automatically an asylum seeker.

<36>

I swear to god some of you dolts would jump off a cliff if the corporatist shills in the media told you do it. It's some Jonestown level of brainwashing and hysteria we are dealing with.

America is really working hard towards the baddies of world title. What a beacon for societies to aim for.

Trumpbots flip flopping like their leader unable to critically think about anything. Plus when news stories come out against their position they just resort to “fake news”.

America is really working hard towards the baddies of world title. What a beacon for societies to aim for.

Trumpbots flip flopping like their leader unable to critically think about anything. Plus when news stories come out against their position they just resort to “fake news”.
Was the situation better under Obama, when illegal immigrant family units were released into the interior of the country within 20 days of apprehension?

Was the situation better under Obama, when illegal immigrant family units were released into the interior of the country within 20 days of apprehension?
On a nonpartisan issue like separating parents from their children at the border the answer is a resounding yes, Obama's policy was light years better (see my earlier posts).

Your view on whether the issue of immigrants getting into the country will simply depend on your views on immigration. Obviously Trump is much harder on immigration and keeping people out. If you're a fan of that policy you'll like Trump and if not you'll like Obama.

Please, Trump has been having his cult meetings from the get go, starting his first year in office and has been having them non stop. They are ego stroking rallies. OG Barry didn't start till near time for reelection.

Edit* bu bu but Obama! :p

Technically (not in Trump's opinion I'm sure, but technically) The rally in Duluth is for Pete Stauber, a Republican congressional candidate running in a traditionally Democratic district.

So supporting a candidate close to the midterms is extremely common and at the same time Trump gets his ego stroked, so win-win

Do you want him to actually act like the dictator everyone whines about him acting like or not?

Can we just agree that our immigration system is severely broken and move on to finding a way to fix it? His tactics might not have been the preferred route, but folks (regardless of party) who can make these changes need to stop grandstanding and fix the issues.

People are "whining" (including his own party) because these were the actions of a dictator. No one is going to ignore that just because he temporarily stepped back. This EO only lasts twenty days.

Pull your head out of your ass, please.

On a nonpartisan issue like separating parents from their children at the border the answer is a resounding yes, Obama's policy was light years better

Obama's policy of catch and release was a disaster. Why do you think these UAC and family units have continued to pour in at around 150,000 since his administration implemented catch and release in 2014?

Trump had no good options. The E.O. is not really a solution. Congress has to fix the problem by modifying the Flores Settlement Agreement and the TVPRA.

lol at the language being used. Detention centres are now concentration camps and anyone who crosses the border illegally is automatically an asylum seeker.

<36>

I swear to god some of you dolts would jump off a cliff if the corporatist shills in the media told you do it. It's some Jonestown level of brainwashing and hysteria we are dealing with.
Trumpstown. Just make sure you don't eat the steaks.

Back