President Trump to sign E.O. addressing family separation.

I never said it was "impossible." I just said its how we do it and that the hardship of it is being exaggerated for political points. To me, this feels like giving foreign criminals special rights that the rest of us don't receive.

Yeah, those Mexicans fleeing insane poverty, government corruption and drug cartels, why don't they just stay in Mexico and fix their country? Why the fuck should they come to the place immigrants from all nations come? Parasites, and with special rights at that!

Yeah, those Mexicans fleeing insane poverty, government corruption and drug cartels, why don't they just stay in Mexico and fix their country? Why the fuck should they come to the place immigrants from all nations come? Parasites, and with special rights at that!
Boo hoo post ignores laws and regulations we have.

Boo hoo post ignores laws and regulations we have.

I have not heard anything from the administration regarding visa abuse from countries like China, or regions like western Europe.

Also, please tell me what special rights do these people get?

What a mess this whole thing has been, all along with the ever changing Trumpet narrative.

>obama was weak on immigration, he didn't do anything!
> great policy! Trump is just being tough on illegals! No daca!
> but but but Obama did it first! He was so mean to illegals!
> well if it's so bad why didn't obama fix it!
> Trump signed an EO cuz we need these illegal kids! Maga!

Holy hell it makes your head spin with all the misinformation, mental gymnastics and flip flopping.

I didn’t bother to read any of the posts itt but let me guess what happened here. The same posters that were defending trump for separating kids from their parents are now celebrating trump for ending it.
Exactly. Lots of pocket holding itt.

Have you read through whatever it was that Sessions instructed Agencies to do?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/19/17476662/asylum-border-sessions

Based on this article it seems he is trying to clean up an existing problem with fraudulent claims for asylum . . . which leads to another question. How many actual cases have been found to be fraudulent?
There are problems with immigration we need to resolve but not this way. Sessions quoted the bible during his press conference but the way they've implemented this zero tolerance policy doesn't follow Christian or American values. What's worse is the way the President is just flat out deceptive about it. Making it a political chip for him to leverage funding for his border wall yet trying to shift the blame onto Dems and Congress and not caring at all about the well being of these children. Have your policies, however radical they may be, but stand up for them. If you're doing something so horrible you have to blame someone else then maybe you should rethink your position.

People are "whining" (including his own party) because these were the actions of a dictator. No one is going to ignore that just because he temporarily stepped back. This EO only lasts twenty days.

Pull your head out of your ass, please.

Dude . . . you really are a dick aren't you?

There are problems with immigration we need to resolve but not this way. Sessions quoted the bible during his press conference but the way they've implemented this zero tolerance policy doesn't follow Christian or American values. What's worse is the way the President is just flat out deceptive about it. Making it a political chip for him to leverage funding for his border wall yet trying to shift the blame onto Dems and Congress and not caring at all about the well being of these children. Have your policies, however radical they may be, but stand up for them. If you're doing something so horrible you have to blame someone else then maybe you should rethink your position.

Frankly, Sessions just needs to shut up and stop making things worse . . . well, Trump does too.

I disagree with separating known family members just as much as the next guy. What I don't disagree with is making sure a group of adults and children who show up at the border are actual family members first and then processing them through our system.

If there was an actual increase in people bringing kids to our border trying to take advantage of an issue in our immigration/asylum process and this is how POTUS wants to bring that issue to light he definitely needs to own and stand by it. Or offer a fix that we can all live with.

But we all know that folks will rebuke him as being heartless or whatever regardless of what the ultimate decision is and whether it is actually harmful to anyone or not.

So you're done typing bullshit talking points at me? Whew.

If that makes you feel better . . . sure, but I guess that depends on your definition of bullshit and talking points . . . but then again you'll probably keep starting stupid threads to virtue signal more . . . or something.

These are the people that are supposed to be in charge of this

But this is on congress, of which the majority of the roadblock is democrats. People say, not this way, but what's the alternative?

I think Trump is the only President that was willing to handle closing the border. Everyone before him was too scared of the fallout. The message that gets sent to would-be illegal aliens is clear which is of paramount importance. Come here illegally, you will get deported.

But what happens is exactly what we're seeing unfold. We could make this not a humanitarian issue by properly funding the legal system to streamline those seeking asylum and you wouldn't see the pooling of immigrants into detention centers. We could change the laws so families could be held together while seeking asylum, but that takes initiative to do so. And it doesn't seem like congress is willing to act. So the questions is, are they purposely trying to create a humanitarian issue to try to blame it on Trump? Because we all know Trump isn't budging on that Zero-Tolerance policy. The people that could actually solve this humanitarian issue are instead grand-standing on how wrong it is having concentration camps in America. Then do something about it!

But this is on congress, of which the majority of the roadblock is democrats. People say, not this way, but what's the alternative?

I think Trump is the only President that was willing to handle closing the border. Everyone before him was too scared of the fallout. The message that gets sent to would-be illegal aliens is clear which is of paramount importance. Come here illegally, you will get deported.

But what happens is exactly what we're seeing unfold. We could make this not a humanitarian issue by properly funding the legal system to streamline those seeking asylum and you wouldn't see the pooling of immigrants into detention centers. We could change the laws so families could be held together while seeking asylum, but that takes initiative to do so. And it doesn't seem like congress is willing to act. So the questions is, are they purposely trying to create a humanitarian issue to try to blame it on Trump? Because we all know Trump isn't budging on that Zero-Tolerance policy. The people that could actually solve this humanitarian issue are instead grand-standing on how wrong it is having concentration camps in America. Then do something about it!
You're entitled to your opinion but you seem to be repeating Trump talking points. No, Democrats are not going to line up and approve Trump's plans, and neither are moderate Republicans. The fallout he's had has been of his own doing. It's not everyone else grandstanding and purposely creating these issues. Trump wants to dictate the terms to everyone else but unless they gain more seats in November he's going to have to compromise.

What's interesting is that I don't really know Trump's talking points since I can't stand listening to him talk and Fox News is just his propaganda outlet. I tend to just try to find the facts behind the issues. That gets a whole lot harder when most statements are flat-out lies.

But I do think it's the Democrats that will have to cave if this humanitarian issue is to be solved. Trump's just decided to enforce the existing laws. Either the law changes (Congress) or we have a humanitarian issue. But the only reason why we have a humanitarian issue is that we're enforcing our border. IMO, Trump has the moral high ground even if he has no empathy for these people. True that either side can stop this, but I doubt Trump will give in. I'll be disappointed if he does.

I really think this is going to hurt him down the line when he's up for re-election...

....then again, I don't know anymore with today's U.S. He could wind up winning in a landslide.

I think this helps him. He's been following through on his campaign promises even though his administration is one long cluster-fuck. He's residing over a strong economy that will actually start seeing wage increases due to the low unemployment.

I didn't vote for him first time around, find him deplorable, but may vote for him the 2nd term depending on how he finishes out. (...and I lean left<Eek2.0>)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back