Presidential Greatness Survey Results - Guess who's last place?

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://time.com/5165686/donald-trump-last-place-presidential-greatness/
http://time.com/5165686/donald-trump-last-place-presidential-greatness/
President Trump came in last place in an expert ranking of "presidential greatness," according to the 2018 Presidents & Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey released by Boise State University Monday.

The survey was conducted among 170 current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is a group of scholars dedicated to studying the American presidency.

These experts were asked to rank each president on a scale from zero (worst) to 100 (best) based on their overall performance in office. With this, Mr. Trump came in last place with an average score of 12.34.

Even among Republican respondents, Mr. Trump still ranked extremely low, earning the 40th spot for presidential greatness. These Republicans labeled James Buchanan -- whose presidency saw the secession of seven states before the Civil War -- as the all-time worst and George Washington as the best.

Coming in first place is Abraham Lincoln, who scored an average of 95.03 between both Democrats and Republicans surveyed. The top seven presidents have remained the same since the poll was last conducted in 2014: Lincoln, George Washington, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.

In this round of questioning, former president Barack Obama moved up in the rankings to 8th best president, whereas in 2014 he came in at 18th. Scholars identifying as Republican, however, ranked Obama 16th. Ronald Reagan, who also moved up from his previous ranking, trails behind Obama in 9th place.

Bearing in mind that this was Mr. Trump's first year in office, the survey takers asked respondents to grade him on an A-F scale on these subjects: his presidency overall, legislative accomplishments, foreign policy leadership, embodying institutional norms, and communicating with the public. Overall, scholars gave him failing grades -- three Fs and two Ds. He scored highest on communicating with the public and lowest on embodying institutional norms. Self-identifying Republicans graded him higher -- three Ds and two Cs -- the higher marks were in communicating with the public and foreign policy leadership.

Link to pdf of full survey in article

Ok, do any of the Trumpsters want to provide their own alternative analysis?

Scholars are part of LIBERAL academia so they CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

lmao at his own party giving him 3 Ds and 2 Cs after only his first year. Also, it's no surprise that history is very quickly realizing how solid Obama was. This was predicted by basically all smart people. He might even crack the top 6 one day.

To be fair, it's too early to appropriately rank Trump. He has a lot of time to turn it round.

To be fair, it's too early to appropriately rank Trump. He has a lot of time to turn it round.
I feel like this is true in the same way that the Titanic had a lot of time to float before it sank.

I feel like this is true in the same way that the Titanic had a lot of time to float before it sank.

LOL, not going to argue as I have zero optimism for any material improvement, but fair is fair.

Being the last ranked president is still a good thing right? were not trying to convince ourselves that sherdog posting can somehow rank higher are we?

im_shocked.gif

“Experts”

Trump is a billionaire, model wife, the president.

They’re experts in popularity contests..

The sad thing is when news media trot out these “expert articles” and then people hold these up like they’re golden tickets... can’t you just make your point without having to appeal to some lame authority.

Modern people are so reliant on confirmation from experts it’s quite frightening.

To be fair, he's one year into his first term.

To be unfair
giphy.gif

Scholars are part of LIBERAL academia so they CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

lmao at his own party giving him 3 Ds and 2 Cs after only his first year. Also, it's no surprise that history is very quickly realizing how solid Obama was. This was predicted by basically all smart people. He might even crack the top 6 one day.

Oddly enough my dad in his senility has this Trump crush and the other week said to me "They say Obama is the worst president ever."

I was going to ask who "they" were; I suspect he may have somehow managed to find Breitbard comments section or something.

Anyhow, for sure look at the house Obama inherited, and look what he left, and look at how hard his opposition tried to stymy him. He was definitely an extraordinarily intelligent guy who is definitely top echelon even if he has a group of vocal critics who after 8 years couldn't figure out their president's religion.

The sad thing is when news media trot out these “expert articles” and then people hold these up like they’re golden tickets... can’t you just make your point without having to appeal to some lame authority.

Modern people are so reliant on confirmation from experts it’s quite frightening.
The diminishing and demeaning of scholarly pursuit is what is truly frightening

polled current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association and asked them to grade each president.

So, otherwise, fake news!

Everyone knows that academics, and historians, and scholars, and professionals are liberals.

“Experts”

Remind me where Melania is sleeping this week, in her separate bedroom at the WH or a different city than the president?

Oddly enough my dad in his senility has this Trump crush and the other week said to me "They say Obama is the worst president ever."

I was going to ask who "they" were; I suspect he may have somehow managed to find Breitbard comments section or something.
Are you my brother? It's uncanny lol.

“Experts”

I bet that model wife moves out of the White House by the end of the year. She will give Barron school excuse and live in New York.

Back