Presidential Pardons

Why? Because I'm actually being consistent? Something most loser liberals like yourself struggle with?

If you want to stop presidents from pardoning people NOW (that Trump is in office) it's only fair that all the previous pardons get reversed as well.

THAT is by definition being consistent.
You are a fucking moron.

The president's power comes from the Constitution. The Constitution would have to be amended to remove the president's power to pardon.

When the constitution is amended, we do not travel through the mists of time reversing all prior instances of transgression.

Your 'consistency' is idiocy.

Exactly what I said. The FBI doesn't have to record interviews/interrogations. If they say someone said something, they did.

So what? Everyone turns a blind eye to the law bc of a change in recording policy?

Please, I'm not here to waste time.

Too many right wing intellectuals in this thread...ohhhh looook out.

Actually the Presidents power is ACKNOWLEGED by the constitution.

Our "rights" do not come from the constitution, they are simply acknowledge by it because our rights are "self evident"

Do you actually know ANYTHING or must I continue to educate you on all facets of life and the law?
The constitution created the presidency and the federal government as well as establishing the supremacy of the federal government over the states.

You sound like a self educated man. Huzza

Sexual harassment bordering on rape should not get a person thrown out the senate?

You sound insane and mentally unstable.
Rape? You sound like a serious snowflake.

How is that even in the same realm as rape? Talk about insane and unstable.

He should read every page.
How many pardons under previous Presidents, and how many on their last day?

It is not a particularly good use of Presidential time to read every page of every piece of legislation I think. Particularly because they are not experts in every field. For instance, Trump is not a lawyer and some of the convoluted is best spelled out to him in plain English the way it would be for the rest of us. I think they should be generally relying on the summary and analysis of good senior advisors and career bureaucrats of which there are many in every administration.

excellent question.

Here you go. Obama is 18th. Not sure how many last day pardons for each President.

• Franklin D. Roosevelt: 2,819 pardons
  • Harry S. Truman: 1,913 pardons
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower: 1,110 pardons
  • Woodrow Wilson: 1,087 pardons
  • Lyndon Johnson: 960 pardons
  • Richard Nixon: 863 pardons
  • Calvin Coolidge: 773 pardons
  • Herbert Hoover: 672 pardons
  • Theodore Roosevelt: 668 pardons
  • Jimmy Carter: 534 pardons
  • John F. Kennedy: 472 pardons
  • Bill Clinton: 396 pardons
  • Ronald Reagan: 393 pardons
  • William H. Taft: 383 pardons
  • Gerald Ford: 382 pardons
  • Warren Harding: 300 pardons
  • William McKinley: 291 pardons
  • Barack Obama: 212 pardons
  • George W. Bush: 189 pardons
  • George H.W. Bush: 74 pardons

Last edited:
It is not a particularly good use of Presidential time to read every page of every piece of legislation I think. Particularly because they are not experts in every field. For instance, Trump is not a lawyer and some of the convoluted is best spelled out to him in plain English the way it would be for the rest of us. I think they should be generally relying on the summary and analysis of good senior advisors and career bureaucrats of which there are many in every administration.

Here you go. Obama is 18th.

• Franklin D. Roosevelt: 2,819 pardons
  • Harry S. Truman: 1,913 pardons
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower: 1,110 pardons
  • Woodrow Wilson: 1,087 pardons
  • Lyndon Johnson: 960 pardons
  • Richard Nixon: 863 pardons
  • Calvin Coolidge: 773 pardons
  • Herbert Hoover: 672 pardons
  • Theodore Roosevelt: 668 pardons
  • Jimmy Carter: 534 pardons
  • John F. Kennedy: 472 pardons
  • Bill Clinton: 396 pardons
  • Ronald Reagan: 393 pardons
  • William H. Taft: 383 pardons
  • Gerald Ford: 382 pardons
  • Warren Harding: 300 pardons
  • William McKinley: 291 pardons
  • Barack Obama: 212 pardons
  • George W. Bush: 189 pardons
  • George H.W. Bush: 74 pardons

Nice. Those numbers are crazy.
How many were last day pardons?

Nice. Those numbers are crazy.
How many were last day pardons?

I edited my original post to say that I don’t know how many were last day. My guess is that it is the majority since it reduces distraction whil the President is in office. For instance Trumps Arpaio pardon was news for a couple of weeks.

I edited my original post to say that I don’t know how many were last day. My guess is that it is the majority since it reduces distraction whil the President is in office. For instance Trumps Arpaio pardon was news for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the numbers. This thread is about Presidential pardons.
Comparisons are good.

Surprised by low number for Bush Sr.

I'm ok with most of Obamas pardons. Mostly drug offenders I believe. Good use of it in my opinion

I'm ok with Flynn being pardoned. In fact, I think he should be. I think the FBI obviously did not treat him fairly. And honestly, I don't trust the FBI

Free Jon Corzine

xlie68.jpg

Pardons probably should be done away with. They essentially serve as nothing more than a get my buddies out of jail free card.
so Obama was just pardoning all of his buddies when he pardoned those crack dealers?

I think the FBI obviously did not treat him fairly. And honestly, I don't trust the FBI

i would apply your statement to african-americans, and/or hispanic-americans, then agree with you.

Back