Press: Conor McGregor uses homophobic slur in conversation with teammate at UFC Gdansk

Well it's pretty obvious who Conor and his team have a working relationship with when this shit comes up. First article on some sites, doesn't exist on others.

Personally I think this is the dumbest shit imaginable and the "outrage" is being completely crafted by the people writing articles about it. No one really cares because they're too busy living in reality, but get kids online shouting about it and eventually it'll hit Facebook feeds everywhere. Scary shit the way this is constantly done.

I was trying to explain to someone that it is about the websites getting traffic & re-tweets, etc.
I understand it from a business perspective, but it is certainly part of the trend of "creating news" instead of reporting it.

Someone hacked his voicebox

Floyd called Conor a f*gg*t during the last press conference they had which was in a boxing ring in the UK. No one said anything about that or even noticed.

Plenty of people noticed.

Also May is his own boss and does what the fuck he wants.

It's only offensive if it's not your favorite fighter who said it

Pollitical correctness at full march. When will this shit end?

I was trying to explain to someone that it is about the websites getting traffic & re-tweets, etc.
I understand it from a business perspective, but it is certainly part of the trend of "creating news" instead of reporting it.

The timing makes it painfully obvious to me. They don't even wait for it to become an actual story before they frame it as one. There was a thread here with the backstage video and most people couldn't make out what was said, those who could didn't care. Next thing you know it's "breaking news" on some sites.

Now all you need is just the right amount of bored people online to play with it before it's picked up by major outlets. Then we get the apology, a donation to equal rights groups and blah blah.

It's all so hollow these days, from start to finish. God I feel old...

The timing makes it painfully obvious to me. They don't even wait for it to become an actual story before they frame it as one. There was a thread here with the backstage video and most people couldn't make out what was said, those who could didn't care. Next thing you know it's "breaking news" on some sites.

Now all you need is just the right amount of bored people online to play with it before it's picked up by major outlets. Then we get the apology, a donation to equal rights groups and blah blah.

It's all so hollow these days, from start to finish. God I feel old...

We are on the same page.
As some know (on here), I was recently offered to do a column on MMA/Pro Wrestling Business by two sites. One known & one start-up.
One was tied 100% to hits & I'd get paid on hits (understandable), but they were open about the fact they cared more about that then content.
The offer was more about re-tweets than content.
I completely understand that, but it is a sad state of "news"

We are on the same page.
As some know (on here), I was recently offered to do a column on MMA/Pro Wrestling Business by two sites. One known & one start-up.
One was tied 100% to hits & I'd get paid on hits (understandable), but they were open about the fact they cared more about that then content.
The offer was more about re-tweets than content.
I completely understand that, but it is a sad state of "news"

It's kind of frightening when we've reached a point where outlets won't even vet a story if they know they can profit from it first. The danger of clicks being valuable; doesn't matter what they're clicking on as long as they click it.

I preferred when the quality of your content over a long period of time was what brought in readers and revenue.

The problem is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s who spread the videos and give any sort of relevance to it. Fucking pathetic

It's kind of frightening when we've reached a point where outlets won't even vet a story if they know they can profit from it first. The danger of clicks being valuable; doesn't matter what they're clicking on as long as they click it.

I preferred when the quality of your content over a long period of time was what brought in readers and revenue.

100%
Also people that go around filming everything and/or sharing/stealing vids to post on YT to get enough hits to monetize is an issue.
They know news sites now post YT vids, so if they catch something interesting then it might make them money on their YT channel.

news used to be reported on by credentialed people.
Now its anybody that wants to get hits

100%
Also people that go around filming everything and/or sharing/stealing vids to post on YT to get enough hits to monetize is an issue.
They know news sites now post YT vids, so if they catch something interesting then it might make them money on their YT channel.

news used to be reported on by credentialed people.
Now its anybody that wants to get hits

And the fact that it's working so well and forcing major outlets to go the online route, where they're still at a disadvantage(especially with this president calling them fake), is making this wild-west scenario even worse.

A girl recording herself singing the abc's for 12 hours can be profitable. That scares the shit out of me.

I just said asshole....I feel I'm going to have to apologize to everybody with an asshole now.

And the fact that it's working so well and forcing major outlets to go the online route, where they're still at a disadvantage(especially with this president calling them fake), is making this wild-west scenario even worse.

A girl recording herself singing the abc's for 12 hours can be profitable. That scares the shit out of me.

Former real news sites have become tabloid
Without getting political & as someone who abhors the over-use of "fake news", a lot of time it is true (sadly)

Sherdog has been reaching new levels of stupidity at a faster rate as of late...

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. FUCK OFF AND LEAVE THE BASEMENT PUSSY.

Back