Pride FC Grand Prix: 2003 on PS4 (Was Japan only release - PS2)

THECYNDlCATE

Inspector/Judge MMA/KB/Boxing
@Brown
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this. Sorta rare game I have. I thought it would be funny to have on the PS4, but it actually turned out pretty good.

26987011877_369712046f_b.jpg

40048237430_9ac170b35f_b.jpg

40048272470_c98dfa86fa_b.jpg

41812362612_3556d60f8c_b.jpg

40956469395_38e618cd64_b.jpg

26987048887_de56971547_b.jpg

27986693798_9471378b63_b.jpg

If anyone wants a copy of the pkg file, let me know.
I cannot give the file to any resident of Japan, everywhere else is fine.

I'm assuming that isn't official PS2 on PS4.

I bought one of the PS2 PRIDE FC games for $5 used. I did make a custom GSP who wrecked everyone. I think you were able to select what submission your character could do.

How do you get this working on a ps4??
Ditto! I used to love the Pride game we got in the states. I always really wanted to import this version but things never lined up.

I bought one of the PS2 PRIDE FC games for $5 used. I did make a custom GSP who wrecked everyone. I think you were able to select what submission your character could do.

I own the original PrideFC ps2 game. I still play it from time to time. Its a lot better than the gran prix 03 game.

I just googled this and it requires a jailbroken ps4. Not worth it. I bought a ps2 composite to component converter cable and it upscales the resolution.

I own the original PrideFC ps2 game. I still play it from time to time. Its a lot better than the gran prix 03 game.

I just googled this and it requires a jailbroken ps4. Not worth it. I bought a ps2 composite to component converter cable and it upscales the resolution.
For my PS2, I have some sort of single plug to component cable and it really makes the picture way more vivid.

I recently used my DVD player for the first time in a long time and the picture on the HDTV was really dark and shitty and it's via composite that goes to a HORI composite splitter box for connecting numerous old consoles. I'm wondering if the box went bad or the cables went bad.

How do you get this working on a ps4??

I made an iso of the game, then I used the dev tools to turn it into an installable package. Then I installed it. I am really impressed with the graphical improvements from the ps4.

Not worth it?
That is something said by people that can't get it.

I can play PS2 games in pretty much anyway you can imagine and right now, the PS4 improves the games FAR beyond anything else.

Not worth it?
That is something said by people that can't get it.

I can play PS2 games in pretty much anyway you can imagine and right now, the PS4 improves the games FAR beyond anything else.

Jailbreaking anything stops you from performing system updates which will eventually stop you from playing new games or playing online. It's not worth it. I'm not buying a second ps4 just to turn it into an upscaling emulator.

Jailbreaking anything stops you from performing system updates which will eventually stop you from playing new games or playing online. It's not worth it. I'm not buying a second ps4 just to turn it into an upscaling emulator.

That is not true at all.
All you have to do, is add the updated calls to the firmware. It's funny that you would type "it's not worth it" and expect people to believe you, when hundreds of thousands of people are involved in the process and huge efforts are put forth to gain access.

"It's not worth it." equals "I can't do it, so I am going to say some negative things about it, in order to make myself feel better."

I'd argue that a PC certainly can do better than the PS4, depending on it's specifications.

I've got PS2 running true widescreen 4K with PCSX2...

Didn't you try to pass this shit off on subfighter back in the day

I made an iso of the game, then I used the dev tools to turn it into an installable package. Then I installed it. I am really impressed with the graphical improvements from the ps4.
Can you screenshot?

That is not true at all.
All you have to do, is add the updated calls to the firmware. It's funny that you would type "it's not worth it" and expect people to believe you, when hundreds of thousands of people are involved in the process and huge efforts are put forth to gain access.

"It's not worth it." equals "I can't do it, so I am going to say some negative things about it, in order to make myself feel better."

Jailbroken PS4s get banned all the time. It's a risk going online with one. It's not worth it.

Can you screenshot?

Of what exactly?

Jailbroken PS4s get banned all the time. It's a risk going online with one. It's not worth it.

No they do not. None of them are jail broken. An exploit to fully open up the machine has not been public until just now. On top of that, I have 3 machines converted and have not had any problems. I have also not seen any credible source show an exploited PS4 getting banned. The only time a ban would happen, would be because of cheats. So the ban would be due to cheating, not having an exploited console.

Can I have the file?

What file exactly?
If it has passed it's copyright date and is legal to do, I'll gladly give it to you.

If you are talking about the game, I have been given permission to give copies out, as an EA Dev asked for a copy as well as THQ.

The game comes across pretty badly, but it is still really fun once you learn it. Just send me a PM and let me know.

That pride game was more fun than any of the UFC games. Yes, you could customize your character 100x better than in the newer games. 6 different kinds of low kicks; multiple head kicks; you could make your own punch combos. It was fun.

True story, I gave one of my guys the hardest headkicks. The one where they planted first then threw it hard? I came out against Gary goodridge, and threw it as soon as we got to the middle of the ring. It was an instant KO and Gary fell sideways as happened when a KO like that happened.. But anyways, the game cut it off before Gary hit the ground. It skipped him falling all the way down, and jumped right to the celebration. It was interesting.

That pride game was more fun than any of the UFC games. Yes, you could customize your character 100x better than in the newer games. 6 different kinds of low kicks; multiple head kicks; you could make your own punch combos. It was fun.

True story, I gave one of my guys the hardest headkicks. The one where they planted first then threw it hard? I came out against Gary goodridge, and threw it as soon as we got to the middle of the ring. It was an instant KO and Gary fell sideways as happened when a KO like that happened.. But anyways, the game cut it off before Gary hit the ground. It skipped him falling all the way down, and jumped right to the celebration. It was interesting.

Man, the Pride PS2 game that actually was released in the U.S., was a really good game. You could tell that they put forth a pretty big effort to translate the sport to a game.

The PS2 Pride game I am talking about in the OP is really just fun to play because of the oddity of it all, as well as the rarity. It does actually have some pretty good ideas to translate MMA to more of an arcade game as opposed to the sim style of every other mma game. You just can't look past the cringy graphics long enough to notice it, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back