Prime Anderson vs Gegard Mousasi

and yet, prime silva got owned by a few "average" fighters.
It was young and inexperienced pre UFC Silva. Anderson in his prime never lost

anderson-silva-jon-jones1.jpg

and silva got beat by chonan, takase and bisping..
so what's your point exactly ?
mousasi lost to machida who lost to weidman who lost to.....
What i'm trying to say, Hall and Machida are both strikers who rely on their speed and reflexes, like Anderson himself. The difference here is that Anderson was 10x better, he was just on another level than any other fighter including Mousasi

Mousasi would rock Anderson standing, like Chael did, but he'd finish Andy off with his pretty hard and accurate GNP, which Chael didn't really have to end the job with.

What i'm trying to say, Hall and Machida are both strikers who rely on their speed and reflexes, like Anderson himself. The difference here is that Anderson was 10x better, he was just on another level than any other fighter including Mousasi

Anderson was a brilliant striker but against mousasi i don't see him being that efficient against him.

I love Moose but he's not touching a Prime Anderson. I think Moose could beat old ass Silva right now though.

Silva would have knocked Moose voilently unconscious.

Gegard is a good fighter but he's never been #1. Anderson is one of the best fighters ever. Yeah maybe tge steroids payed a big part but thats irrelevant.

Mousasi would rock Anderson standing, like Chael did, but he'd finish Andy off with his pretty hard and accurate GNP, which Chael didn't really have to end the job with.
One time this wrestler knocked Silva off balance so it means moose could finish him.

One time this wrestler almost knocked fedor out so other fighters should be able to as well.

:/

I'll take prime mousasi (which is todays mousasi) over prime Anderson .Mousasi s stand up good enough to hang with Anderson and then some because of his iron chin.Todays Mousasi gets him to ground and puts it on him ...
even prime Anderson but don't get me wrong - close fight and Anderson would be favored so I'd take Gegard + the money but he'd be a slight dog (talking prime vs prime).
Anderson flat out ducked Mousasi when Gegard was here cause he knew he was passed his prime and Mousasi would've just mauled him(especially with styles /fights.....and USADA- it'd be a bad beating)

Last edited:
Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except perhaps Jones.

Anderson would obliterate him. Didn't Machida whoop his ass out of prime?

Yeah Hall handled him really easily in the rematch and Anderson has takedown defence on the level of Machida.
Hall won by fluke in the first match. Moose destroyed him in their rematch.

while Silva was ruling the MW division, I thought that Mousassi and Lombard were the two non-UFC guys who would be the most interesting challengers for Silva if UFC could sign them.

but then Gegard moved up to LHW, and by the time he finally joined UFC and moved back to MW, Silva's reign was already over (and Lombard clearly never lived up to expectations).

their primes never really overlapped, but Silva-Gegard is still a fight I really wish we could have seen.

Mousasi knows how to feint, jab, stay on top of his hips without overcommitting and has sound fundamentals. Sounds exactly like the type of striker Anderson has shown to struggle with.
Mousasi overrated by some underrated by others. Would be a close match either way.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but which striker did prime as struggle to?

I see Mousasi continues to be the most overrated and at the same time underrated fighter in MMA

Back