Prime Anderson vs Gegard Mousasi

Anderson would obliterate him. Didn't Machida whoop his ass out of prime?
Lol- another Mousasi hater.
An in prime machida got outstruck 66-35 in a very close win for him in beating a Gegard coming off back to back acl- tears and walked the greased up Lyoto for most of fight.Mousasi , now in his prime, finally trains like an elite fighter.
Prime Mousasi (today) DESYROYS prime machida just like chinless Luke and un-stamina-ed romero.

...and forget about a possible Bellator fight, Mousasi would be a -340 favorite over THE NOW past his prime dragon.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but which striker did prime as struggle to?
Well seeing as his ‘prime’ consisted of a time when he convineitly fought no one of that description and only became ‘past it’ when he fought weidman. I guess no one!
Regardless of who he fought, his losses to bisping and weidman would have always been tough for him and being a few years younger wouldn’t have changed much.
His style relies on the other guy over commiting and he would counter them off of that, it’s the reason he struggled to get anything going against Maia, leites, cote and weidman.

Now tell me how ‘prime’ Anderson was untouchable and would’ve of beat Roy Jones jr ect

Without the threat of wrestling. Mr. Anderson will go into the matrix and make Moose look silly out there

Well seeing as his ‘prime’ consisted of a time when he convineitly fought no one of that description and only became ‘past it’ when he fought weidman. I guess no one!
Regardless of who he fought, his losses to bisping and weidman would have always been tough for him and being a few years younger wouldn’t have changed much.
His style relies on the other guy over commiting and he would counter them off of that, it’s the reason he struggled to get anything going against Maia, leites, cote and weidman.

Now tell me how ‘prime’ Anderson was untouchable and would’ve of beat Roy Jones jr ect
Prime Anderson wasnt untouchable or anything, he was just very very very good. He would have ended bisping r1 or 2. Imo You cant count their fight as Anderson struggling due to all things involved

When people say ‘prime’ Anderson is that code for on steroids?

Prime Anderson wasnt untouchable or anything, he was just very very very good. He would have ended bisping r1 or 2. Imo You cant count their fight as Anderson struggling due to all things involved
Bisping is not that great of a fighter and certainly no physical specimen or in his athletic prime but still used sound fundamentals to exploit the holes in Anderson’s striking.
I probably agree that a prime silva beats bisping but that doesn’t change the fact that the holes in his striking are there to be exploited, prime or not.

Mousasi doesn't stand any chance against prime Anderson, especially knowing how easily Machida and Hall handled him. Never understood his popularity among the fans through all these years. He's a gatekeeper, journeyman level at best

moose would have murdered anderson at any point of andersons roided life moose is a better striker and grappler if you guys have to pretend hes just old is why he lost then by all means tell yourselves that lol

His fight with Bisping would have been no different if he wasnt coming off a nasty injury that would have retired most people from any sport, let alone one of the toughest thas is mma, at 40 years old?? This alone is fucking impressive. In top of that, he almost beat an elite pro fighter who was at his peak at the moment...
lol, its pathetic to see noobs writing this kind of shit in forums. Have you ever tried to train in any sport after fucking breaking your leg? Let alone fight at the highest level

Bisping is not that great of a fighter and certainly no physical specimen or in his athletic prime but still used sound fundamentals to exploit the holes in Anderson’s striking.
I probably agree that a prime silva beats bisping but that doesn’t change the fact that the holes in his striking are there to be exploited, prime or not.

Anderson had holes...just like everyone else. Bisping and Mousasi has their holes as well. But their weapons are not the same as Anderson's though

His fight with Bisping would have been no different if he wasnt coming off a nasty injury that would have retired most people from any sport, let alone one of the toughest thas is mma, at 40 years old?? This alone is fucking impressive. In top of that, he almost beat an elite pro fighter who was at his peak at the moment...
lol, its pathetic to see noobs writing this kind of shit in forums. Have you ever tried to train in any sport after fucking breaking your leg? Let alone fight at the highest level

Anderson had holes...just like everyone else. Bisping and Mousasi has their holes as well. But their weapons are not the same as Anderson's though
Lol

You are getting way to hung up on the bisping fight, It was the same holes weidman exposed in their 1st and 2nd fight. Throwing feints, jabbing, not overcommitting, not rushing in and not headhunting. Mousasi has the tools to do all that. Not saying it’s a sure win, as silva is creative and brilliant but I could see him getting boxed up

Mousasi would win, because he is not a below average striker like most of Silva's opponents were. Griffin, Belfort, Bonnar, Sonnen etc were all average strikers on their best days. Even Belfort, he is fast and powerful, but he loses his confidence too quickly when things don't go his way and he was shook from the start.

Mousasi would beat Silva up

Maybe you forget that Bisping has solid fundamentals in striking? and can box?

Bisping boxed Silva up, and even Weidman did to an extent. Silva had no answers for either, I doubt it would be too much different.

Mousasi doesn't stand any chance against prime Anderson, especially knowing how easily Machida and Hall handled him. Never understood his popularity among the fans through all these years. He's a gatekeeper, journeyman level at best

Just the fact that you're using present-tense language ("doesn't stand a chance") when talking about an imaginary, hypothetical fight with a years-ago fighter makes me wonder about possible brain damage. Was there a point to this random posting, or was it prompted by something?

You are getting way to hung up on the bisping fight, It was the same holes weidman exposed in their 1st and 2nd fight. Throwing feints, jabbing, not overcommitting, not rushing in and not headhunting. Mousasi has the tools to do all that. Not saying it’s a sure win, as silva is creative and brilliant but I could see him getting boxed up

The Weidman you are refering to was an unbeaten and full of confidence fighter that is still one of the best MWs we ever seen. Im sure you would not believe that Weidman was gonna outbox Machida the way he did just after Mousasi failed to do so.

Bisping would not get as much succes with that strategy against a younger Anderson with more reflexes and speed.
Franklin or Okami were guys with a good jab who rarely overcommit, and still got exposed badly.

Anyways, I agree that Mousasi is probably the one I can think of who would have more succes trying to outbox prime Anderson.Would be a dream fight. Im not sure if Mousasi could avoid getting punished by Anderson with kicks or knees from the clinch though. Mousasi doesnt have the threat of the TD that Weidman had.

Last edited:
Maybe you forget that Bisping has solid fundamentals in striking? and can box?

Bisping boxed Silva up, and even Weidman did to an extent. Silva had no answers for either, I doubt it would be too much different.

With that boxing fundamentals Bisping still got knocked down by Dolloway and barely got past Leites in his two fights prior to fighting Anderson.

If you think Anderson has the same condition, reflexes, speed, confidence or just all around momentum when he was in his prime than when he was coming off one of the nasties injuries we've ever seen in mma at 40 years old...whatever

I see Mousasi continues to be the most overrated and at the same time underrated fighter in MMA
Yep top 3-5 MW and very good fighter. I think people get annoyed because his hardcore fans on here think he's some kind of god.

Back