(prime)Floyd vs Loma?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who would have won? Floyd had like a 90% finishing rate there before moving up to fight bigger guys.

My money would be on Floyd.

Prime Floyd would've figure out Loma.

Loma hasn't fought anyone really tough to say he would beat May.

Lomas movement, angles etc would start to mess with mayweathers head and floyd lose by hypnosis tko

I’ll post in this thread since I’ll in the first 10 replies.

We know too much about Floyd and not enough about Loma. The only reasonable answer based on actual accomplishments is Floyd imo. Not to say Loma can’t win but he hasn’t faced the kind of adversity Mayweather did.

Loma has faced *some* of the adversity Floyd brings against far-lesser opposition and didn’t do great. Most people might not see a similarity between Floyd and Salido and they could be forgiven because it’s not obvious. But Floyd isn’t afraid to foul - he’s just very good at hiding it from the ref. And he’s a much better inside fighter than Orlando (at any weight). If Salido took Loma out of his game, so could Floyd (hitting hips, elbows, mouth holding, etc).

Given that, the reach/height disparity and (at 130) the difference in speed and power makes me think Mayweather has to be the answer. There would be a lot of clinching and pro-Loma fans would cal it excessive holding but the end result is Floyd will stop the lateral movement by tying up and otherwise controlling the distance.

Floyd.

Would be great to see a sparring match even.

Neither will happen.

I’ll post in this thread since I’ll in the first 10 replies.

We know too much about Floyd and not enough about Loma. The only reasonable answer based on actual accomplishments is Floyd imo. Not to say Loma can’t win but he hasn’t faced the kind of adversity Mayweather did.

Loma has faced *some* of the adversity Floyd brings against far-lesser opposition and didn’t do great. Most people might not see a similarity between Floyd and Salido and they could be forgiven because it’s not obvious. But Floyd isn’t afraid to foul - he’s just very good at hiding it from the ref. And he’s a much better inside fighter than Orlando (at any weight). If Salido took Loma out of his game, so could Floyd (hitting hips, elbows, mouth holding, etc).

Given that, the reach/height disparity and (at 130) the difference in speed and power makes me think Mayweather has to be the answer. There would be a lot of clinching and pro-Loma fans would cal it excessive holding but the end result is Floyd will stop the lateral movement by tying up and otherwise controlling the distance.

See, if we're talking about Floyd at 130 then he wasn't really into inside fighting. That's what makes the fight more intersting IMO, as for Floyd it would all be about finding out the pattern, countering and beating Loma to the punch. It makes the fight closer. I still think Floyd gets it, though. Size, power and IQ, without giving up much speed should help him take over in the second half.

Geez. Dude needs to have more fights before we start matching him up with Mayweather or Pacquiao in their primes. Has any other fighter have this much unwarranted hype?

Floyd at superfeather is as close to a perfect fighter as I've ever seen

He'd have a legit power advantage in this matchup too

Floyd via stoppage in the middle rounds. Easy work.

Just a reminder: Salido beat Lomachenko.

He would never get to Floyd.

If I had to pick a fantasy fight for Loma, it would be Alexis Arguello, since Bob Arum claims that Loma would toy with him. My money would be on Arguello.

50 0 against people who got picked at the right time
This statement is blown out of proportion by people who dont like floyd. I agree there are times where floyd fought guys at a different time than we wanted and has cherry picked a few times but it didn't happen as many times as people make out. Almost every fighter now days has a reason to be criticized. Like for example why hasn't pacquiao fought Crawford? People have been talking about that fight for a couple years now. Why did GGGs team at one point say he'll fight anyone from 154 to 168 yet when Ward called him out he asked to fight Ward at a catchweight of 164? Why did Crawford call out Thurman when he knows we all would prefer to see him against Spence and up until recently never brought him up? Why is Spence such a weight bully at 147? Every fighter has something but many fans only pick and choose who to criticize based on who they like and Floyd is hated by many so obviously he gets the most criticism for doing what most other boxers do.

This statement is blown out of proportion by people who dont like floyd. I agree there are times where floyd fought guys at a different time than we wanted and has cherry picked a few times but it didn't happen as many times as people make out. Almost every fighter now days has a reason to be criticized. Like for example why hasn't pacquiao fought Crawford? People have been talking about that fight for a couple years now. Why did GGGs team at one point say he'll fight anyone from 154 to 168 yet when Ward called him out he asked to fight Ward at a catchweight of 164? Why did Crawford call out Thurman when he knows we all would prefer to see him against Spence and up until recently never brought him up? Why is Spence such a weight bully at 147? Every fighter has something but many fans only pick and choose who to criticize based on who they like and Floyd is hated by many so obviously he gets the most criticism for doing what most other boxers do.
Yeah lots of other boxers do it.

It woudnt be bothered if he didnt claim to be the best ever after he did it, the cheeky cunt

Until we see Lomachenko fight someone with the hit/miss ratio Floyd had, its sort of a dumb question. I mean, who are we comparing here? Floyd and Rigondeaux? Just because both guys are good boxers doesn't mean they are alike.

Further, who has Floyd struggled to beat? Not guys like Lomachenko. He has a tough time with rough, crude brawlers.

Anyone making a pick here is just picking which guy they like better right now.

Back