Prime GSP vs Woodley ... who wins?

Tough to know, either GSP by decision or Woodley catches and finishes him.

Prime Woodley got tooled by GSP's apprentice. GSP would do the same even now

I dont know. This fight would be uber boring

OK. Do you have anything to add other than insults or are you just here to pile up your post count?

You feel insulted that I won't engage in a discussion over your favorite fighter because you likely can't do it without bias? Oh well.

You feel insulted that I won't engage in a discussion over your favorite fighter because you likely can't do it without bias? Oh well.

So why comment at all? I am perfectly willing to discuss his career and his skills. Go right ahead.

Woodley just outstruck Wonderboy x 2 for crying out loud. He I saw def one of the most under rated fighters in the game today.

You need to understand WHY it happened, and to do that you need to understand Wonderboy's striking style, its weaknesses, and how it matches up against Woodley.

Wonderboy has a kick heavy karate based style, his punches work well when opponents run at him but he doesn't have a jab or other lead strike to close the gap against someone who's keeping the range open on him. Given that Woodley is a fast strong wrestler, this also limits how many and what kind of kicks Wonderboy can throw against him without getting taken down. So what happens is Wonderboy gets stuck on the outside throwing lead leg side kicks and other shit in singles that have no real chance of landing well and doing damage, and since Woodley isn't running at him he can't get any openings for his punches. Woodley was about to outstrike him because his wrestling & KO punch threat took away 90% of Wonderboy's striking game.

These limitations do not happen against GSP. GSP spent his entire career fighting strong wrestlers, and his striking game is built to deal with it and remains fully effective when he fights them. He doesn't get his punches or kicks taken away, he just uses them a bit differently with the same effectiveness. Also, GSP has a great jab to work behind while he gets into range to either land strikes or complete takedowns, or he can just abuse the jab to score points & annoy his opponents.

To put it bluntly, Woodley is just a variation of Koscheck; a top wrestler with big power in his right hand. Better in some ways, but not all that different.

Woodley didn't have to worry about Wonderboy's wrestling.
And GSP did not have to worry about the wrestling of Condit, Alves, Hardy, Diaz, BJ etc, nor the striking of Fitch, young Kos, Shields, Hughes, etc. It is safe to say that both would be unique to each other, with Woodley being like Big Rigg 2.0, the one guy that really put it on GSP and won on 100% of the media's scorecards: http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/fight

And GSP did not have to worry about the wrestling of Condit, Alves, Hardy, Diaz, BJ etc, nor the striking of Fitch, young Kos, Shields, Hughes, etc. It is safe to say that both would be unique to each other, with Woodley being like Big Rigg 2.0, the one guy that really put it on GSP and won on 100% of the media's scorecards: http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/fight

Kos offered the same basic challenge as Hendricks and Woodley...strong wrestler with power in their hands.

Not saying they're the same thing as fighting Josh, but Tyron doesn't really offer a lot that Georges hasn't seen before. I was simply pointing out that it's not as hard to strike with someone that offers little more than striking, especially when that striker cannot over-commit because they have to worry about your wrestling (Woodley/Wonderboy).

To put it bluntly, Woodley is just a variation of Koscheck; a top wrestler with big power in his right hand. Better in some ways, but not all that different.
Big Rigg was a variation of Kos tho, and look what happened there:

b3fgUFR.png

Current Woodley is definitely a better fighter than Big Rigg, even in his best form.

So why comment at all? I am perfectly willing to discuss his career and his skills. Go right ahead.

Why make the comment? Probably because I didn't @ you or quote you when I said it.

I'm sure you are willing to discuss it lol

You know you're going to say something stupid when you feel the need to lie about being a fan of a fighter before saying it.

Stop talking out your ass man, you don't know sh!t about me or I fanboy for, f*king creeper b!tch...

GSP by out-striking him and still getting more takedowns too.

Everyone talks about Tyrone power being an issue.

It’s possible and more than likely Hendricks hit harder, also the much bigger bisping that fought at LHW successfully for some time more than likely hits harder as well.

Woodleys “power” won’t be something that shocks him. Cote for sure hits harder and they spent lots and lots of time training together when he was hitting like a truck. And the crow as well. He’s seen it before.

Also the shot that dropped bisping before the gnp flurry might be a harder shot than woodleys ever tired off. It might actually be the other way around now, the new version of George might actually have the power advantage.

Let’s look at how marquart straight pieced up woodley with his power, marquart trainee a lot with Goerge

Looking at everything I don’t think woodleys proposed power, isn’t anything George hasn’t seen and overcome.

And the advantage today might go the other way.

Woodley doesn’t do well backing up, how funny would it be if it played out like GSP herion with GSP striking him down as he backs up and falls to the floor koed.

Back