Prime Kobe or Prime Curry?

I have an irrational hatred of both these guys, but I’ll take the one who’s actually the best shooter in NBA history over the guy who thought he was and put up 30 shots a night

Kobe already proved he couldn’t win without Shaq or 2/3 all star 7 footers, I’ll roll the dice with Steph

I have an irrational hatred of both these guys, but I’ll take the one who’s actually the best shooter in NBA history over the guy who thought he was and put up 30 shots a night

Kobe already proved he couldn’t win without Shaq or 2/3 all star 7 footers, I’ll roll the dice with Steph
And Corey proved he can win w/o a super team? lol. The Warriors window was closing after 2016. Without KD, they weren't making it out of the West. Even with KD, they nearly lost to Houston this season. Juice took the Warriors to 6 games without Kyrie and Love during their 1st run. They've just had a horseshoe up their ass these last few years.

Curry has been a more efficient scorer and assist man. Offensively, I think it's clear that Curry was better than Kobe. Kobe was less of a liability, defensively, though.

Curry has been a more efficient scorer and assist man. Offensively, I think it's clear that Curry was better than Kobe. Kobe was less of a liability, defensively, though. Kobe was not a very efficient scorer and didn't shoot great from the 3 point line.

Kobe was a master in all aspects of the game

Truly a complete player

Curry is so much more efficient, but he can be a liability on d. In a random situation as far as teammates go probably go with kobe.

Kobe can do more with less than Steph can. You can give Kobe a team of bums and he'll drag you to the playoffs single handidly...in the West no less. I don't think Steph can do that.

But with a team and system like GSW Steph is absolutely priceless. No way do you switch Steph for Kobe on this team.

So t he answer is...it depends.

You are really forgetting about those Laker teams that missed the playoffs. Steph is more valuable because he opens up the defense for his teamates. Steph started all the three point shooting when people realized that it forces the game to open up.

Kobe. Don't even need to think about it.

Comedic thread. I like @iwhoopedbatman statistical analysis though. Just goes to show that anyone can look up stats and act like they've watched the beautiful game.

in a draft.... I pick Kobe over Curry.

Can a prime Curry drag a group of average players into the playoffs and win it all? Kobe has done it...
If you take 1/3 of your team's shots for three years don't be surprised if the other guys have difficulty putting out All-Star production stats. Doesn't mean they aren't being highly efficient and formidable teammates. Calling a team with two support players in the Top 70 all-time career VORP (one a HoF Center, the other a 6th man of the year baller like Schrempf) a "group of average players" is exactly why this contemporary era of super-teams is a cancer.

It's warping the very prism of perception-- unbalancing it.

On their own, it's Kobe but if in the context of getting a team to work with other stars in there it might be Steph (much better teammate as far as I can tell).

Back