Prime Mike Tyson would destroy the entire current UFC HW division in 1 night in MMA

tyson was strong as a bull.

underweight manlet royce wouldn't be able control such a beast

Tyson wasnt that far from being a manlet. And he already admitted royce would win. You keep ducking that like tyson ducking foreman

Yeah, a killer boxer. That doesn't magically give him grappling and MMA skills.
I believe Tyson for his raw ferocity, low centre of gravity and incredible hips would transition better than probably any other boxer apart from Loma. Watch his early fights and tell he who get close to taking him down without being ko-ed. There was nobody like him.

I believe Tyson for his raw ferocity, low centre of gravity and incredible hips would transition better than probably any other boxer apart from Loma. Watch his early fights and tell he who get close to taking him down without being ko-ed. There was nobody like him.
I don't have to watch them- I saw them when they happened. Even in the very early days when he was at his best, Tyson had some boring decisions where he didn't do much. He got rocked a few times during that time too (I am talking pre-Buster Douglas).

He would easily be taken down and finished like any other striker without grappling training. I agree that he would have had amazing potential if he were to train in MMA.

Don Kings back account approves of this thread.

I don't have to watch them- I saw them when they happened. Even in the very early days when he was at his best, Tyson had some boring decisions where he didn't do much. He got rocked a few times during that time too (I am talking pre-Buster Douglas).

He would easily be taken down and finished like any other striker without grappling training. I agree that he would have had amazing potential if he were to train in MMA.
Nah, his hand speed was too fast. Even JDS put Cain away with punches and he's not a fraction as dangerous as Tyson would have been. Tyson's use of angles and the Cus D'Amato shift would have also made it more difficult to take him down.

Nah, his hand speed was too fast. Even JDS put Cain away with punches and he's not a fraction as dangerous as Tyson would have been. Tyson's use of angles and the Cus D'Amato shift would have also made it more difficult to take him down.
Are you trolling or are you actually that ignorant about MMA?

Are you trolling or are you actually that ignorant about MMA?
You're just adopt the usual stereotypes and they don't work for every situation. Tyson was way to aggressive and fast to be simply double legged without unleashing punches. I have no doubt had he taken up MMA, he'd have been hard to beat in no time. But just roll out your standard paradigms if that helps your sleep.

Tyson was from the streets. MMA fighters are from dainty little prep schools, where mummy and daddy send them.

You're just adopt the usual stereotypes and they don't work for every situation. Tyson was way to aggressive and fast to be simply double legged without unleashing punches. I have no doubt had he taken up MMA, he'd have been hard to beat in no time. But just roll out your standard paradigms if that helps your sleep.
Paradigm? How about the basic reality of style vs style matchups. I already said he would do well in MMA if he trained it, you are just butthurt because I won't hug his nuts unconditionally like you do.

Paradigm? How about the basic reality of style vs style matchups. I already said he would do well in MMA if he trained it, you are just butthurt because I won't hug his nuts unconditionally like you do.
Personal attritibites are massively important. McGregor has shaky TD defence and no wrestling base but he stilll won two belts. 99.9% of boxers would get savaged in MMA by Tyson was simply to fast and too aggressive. Watch his early fights and see the distance he moved from outside to the inside to engage much bigger men. And his boxing makes Stipe and Cain look like novices. Cain got tagged frequently in stand up. Miocic had his hands full in the first round again Ngannou. A prime Tyson would have put him away before he got around too trying double legs. Tyson was a once ever fighter. You towing the old cliches without knowing what you're talking about doesn't upset me. I was simply trying to educate you. But it's like playing Beethoven to a dog.

Personal attritibites are massively important. McGregor has shaky TD defence and no wrestling base but he stilll won two belts. 99.9% of boxers would get savaged in MMA by Tyson was simply to fast and too aggressive. Watch his early fights and see the distance he moved from outside to the inside to engage much bigger men. And his boxing makes Stipe and Cain look like novices. Cain got tagged frequently in stand up. Miocic had his hands full in the first round again Ngannou. A prime Tyson would have put him away before he got around too trying double legs. Tyson was a once ever fighter. You towing the old cliches without knowing what you're talking about doesn't upset me. I was simply trying to educate you. But it's like playing Beethoven to a dog.
https://fightstate.com/mike-tyson-admits-faced-royce-gracie-93-not-win/

Yeah except according to Tyson himself, you are the dog trying to comprehend Beethoven. I like the way you keep repeating the things I have already answered- I already watched all of those Tyson fights when they happened retard, so quit telling me to watch them over and over. Even during the 4 years when he was the best (yeah, only 4 years, many fighters reigned longer), he had 4 unimpressive fights, so stop the nuthugging exaggeration. And none of what he did had anything to do with TD defense, so stop the silly nonsense. Even Tyson disagrees with your stupid shit. Read the link.

Last edited:
Back