Primetime / Gameness MMA Sparring Gloves Review / Thread

dog812

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Primetime / Gameness MMA Sparring Gloves Review.
I was in the market for a all around MMA sparring glove. I have bought a few different other brands but they just werent up to par. They fell apart, or the striking pad wasnt big enough, etc... I wanted to be able to hit and grapple without injuries, plain and simple. Well like you i tryed to do as much research as i could before spending my hard earned cash on a pair of gloves. After extensive reading and posting i found that the Primetime's looked like the best all around MMA sparring glove.
Today i recieved 4 pairs of Large Primetimes from Ron at SSF. Ron was very helpful and stayed in contact all the way through the shipping process. I will deffinetly be buying from him again. Thanks Ron... Anyway back to the review..

So I opened the box and put a pair on, instantly i noticed the great job they did on the wrist wrap. Most gloves just have 1 lil piece to hold at the end of the wrap but these gloves go all the way around. The 2 3/4 inch wrist band goes around the wrist 2 1/2 times and the velcro goes all the way.
Wrist Wrap:

The finger holes were very stiff at first but once i put them on and started working it in they felt nice. Off to the gym i went. Instantly i sold the other 3 pairs. They were the best gloves we have seen out there. I started working the bags, They were a lil stiff, so the padding over the knuckles started moving a lil because of the shape of the padding but once they were warmed up it hugged my knuckles pretty good. My hands are a little bit small as well. So the palm hole is a little larger than i like but it works. I may try a medium when i order more.
My hand :

Sparring, My sparring partner and I sparred with them for a few hours. Not full out but with some force. We have been using 16 oz. boxing gloves for awhile now. So it wasnt as soft as those but now we could actually do submissions realisticly. As for the size of the glove pad, I really didnt notice too much difference between these gloves and my competition gloves. It didnt get in the way as much as i thought.
Padding:

Comparison: UFC Style to PRIMETIMES

Overall i feel these are the best sparring gloves out there. Just like i have read everywhere else. I wouldnt hesitate recommending these to anyone. Hopefully this helped. Any questions just ask.

If anyone is in Vancouver BC or surrounding area or Canada for that matter... I will have a few pairs for sale. Just PM me. I also accept PAYPAL.
click here to email me

great review. I like the side-on comparisons with the UFC-style gloves, you get a feel for just how much more padding the primetimes have.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
great review. I like the side-on comparisons with the UFC-style gloves, you get a feel for just how much more padding the primetimes have.

~Foz
That was my thinking..Everyone was always just wondering.. " well how much padding could there really be??"

Well this shows just how much more padding there is. It is actually alot for how small the glove is :wink:

Well i got my first question.. here it is

Q : "I was wondering have you tried the Fairtex NHB sparring glove? How do they compare to the Primetimes? The PrimeTimes would be a dream come true if i can punch my sparring partner in the face at full force before taking him down to grapple.

ps. i see your hand measurement there, but what size did you order? and how exactly do you measure? are you suppose to order the exact measurement or do you give yourself a little extra?"

A : I havent tryed the fairtex/shooto style ones.. I heard they are more bulky and harder to grapple with.. and since my main game is the ground, i wanted something a little more grapple friendly. I still hit my partners pretty hard tonite.. and noone complained.. The Fairtex ones remind of a big boxing glove with open palm and the only thing attatching it is finger loops.. they just dont look like they will hold up.. The fingers on these gloves are well made and cover a little more so it feels more durable.

I didnt even measure i just orderd larges.. they work fine for sparring.. if it was life or death fight i would prolly get something smaller. but for sparring they work. than again i have really small hands as you can see. Dont get me wrong they fit, just the palm hole is a little bigger.

as his sizing says on the site.. Larges are 4.75" across.. My hand is 4" almost exactly.. so id say it is pretty cloes.. 3/4" too big across the palm..but it didnt really make a difference. It fits good for sparring.

wow you can definately notice the difference in padding. excellent review + comparison pics

Nice, I got a pair as well and they are great, even for bagwork. Best mma gloves ever!

Dog-Great review. I'm gonna steal those pictures and add them to my site, screw that, I'm going to add this review to my site if it's cool with you.

www.SSFgear.com

I fought an amateur mma match with the primetime lvl 4. pretty good gloves. I use em for bag work too. be careful they do hurt though. you pretty much have to hit straight on for the padding to work. I looked at them before fighting, and saw hammer fists negated any cushion, so of course that's what I tried to use. they will definetly draw blood if "used wrong"

Ron , of course you can use the ppics or review.

x757x- its like anything, if you use it wrong someone will get hurt.

The way me and my guys train.
full out - wear the proper gear. 16 oz gloves, head gear, shinpads.
If you wanna train technique and have a realistic fight that goes to the ground, use abot 3/4 power and wear Primetimes and some cloth shin pads.
If you wanna grapple, we'll wear nothing.

1blazeon said:
dog812, are those shoot gloves any good?
they are shoot gloves.. they are ok. I find there is too much material in the fingers, it makes it difficult to make a fist. Plus there is little to no padding. So only use them for competition.

Who is the manufacturer of those UFC clones? I like the TruthMMA gloves but they aren't a fully open palm like the ones in your pics comparison. If you don't mind stating where you got them and for how much I'd appreciate any info you can provide, pm me if necessary.

perfy said:
Who is the manufacturer of those UFC clones? I like the TruthMMA gloves but they aren't a fully open palm like the ones in your pics comparison. If you don't mind stating where you got them and for how much I'd appreciate any info you can provide, pm me if necessary.

you can get them here.

http://www.mmaringreport.com/

I got mine from sushi boy at some local fights.. But yah that is his site.

yeah excelllent pics! I really wannna see a comparison between those primetimes and the csi sparring gloves.

Fozzy said:

~Foz

7 oz gloves, it does not have a gel, it has a special foam pad that measures some 6000 psi.

Back