Principal fired for telling kid to remove Trump jersey

Pessimystic

Asteroid Belt
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article219939745.html

A Harnett County high school principal has been replaced, a week after she asked a high school student to remove a jersey that bore President Donald Trump’s name on the back.

The Harnett school system on Friday announced a new principal for Harnett Central High School. The district said the change is directly related to the actions taken by former Harnett Central Principal Cindy Gordon last week in asking the student not to wear the Trump shirt.

Victory for free speech? I think firing her was too much, but that seems to be the way the wind is blowing these days.
Seems like a lot of virtue signalling SJW's are getting the shaft these days.

Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate. Their action would have to be causing a serious disturbance to school activities or having a drastic effect on the learning environment for an action to be taken. That obviously was not the case, so this principal was absolutely in the wrong.

I don't see in the article where it says the Principal was fired.

Edit: In another article it says that the Principal was replaced. That likely means that they moved the Principal to another location or another position. The Principal is probably still employed by the school system in some capacity.

Agreed. That was BS by the principal, but wasn't worth her job or anything more than a "talking to".

People get blinded by ideology. Human nature. There is a woman principal of a highschool near my house who wants gay flags in every room. That crazy bitch should be fired too.

At least she didn't throw a drink in the kid's face.

Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate. Their action would have to be causing a serious disturbance to school activities or having a drastic effect on the learning environment for an action to be taken. That obviously was not the case, so this principal was absolutely in the wrong.

I don't see in the article where it says the Principal was fired.
You underestimate the disturbance that a Trump hat/shirt can create.

Right wing need a safe space, LMFAO.....I thought you people were for rules? School Rules say no jerseys of anytype, atleast all schools I been to.

I was told to take off a Fresno State Shirt from school.......A fucking college......they also told u to remove any type of jersey, any.

This is just right winger bullshit.....They just want a safe space.

Sorry but Jerseys, any type of jerseys are not allowed in school....Has nothing to do with trump

Now you fuckers get a person fired over this? Fuck the right winger pussies

That shirt's retarded, but it's not too political to wear to a school football game. Also, they are retarded for firing the principal. Everyone involved is retarded.

Seems a bit much.

Maybe the principal had other issues and this was the final straw.

Right wing need a safe space, LMFAO.....I thought you people were for rules? School Rules say no jerseys of anytype, atleast all schools I been to.

I was told to take off a Fresno State Shirt from school.......A fucking college......they also told u to remove any type of jersey, any.

Sorry but Jerseys, any type of jerseys are not allowed in school....Has nothing to do with trump

Ummm. Wasn't it at a football game?

Do school age kids have freedom of speech? Kind of a serious question. They arent allowed other rights. Funny how we draw the line on when they gain certain rights and not others.

Getting fired seems extreme, I guess a lot of it depends on why he was wearing the shirt. Im going to guess he wanted to cause outrage. I used to be forced to turn shirts that had skulls on them, such as a Austin 3:16 shirt inside out. I didnt get a choice. I guess the right is also turn into SJWs.

It's funny that in another thread today people were fine with a teacher being fired for something that happened at a non-school function, while this was a direct abuse of the principal's power.

I don't think either should be fired, but I think it would be more appropriate in this case than in the case of the lady with the Hitler kid. Certainly this principal should face some sort of professional consequences.

The registered DEMOCRAT Father of the child brought it all to light resulting in any and all action against the Principal. I see no problem with this as I see no problem with the shirt regardless of which American President's name is on it. You think the Dad is a "Right Winger"?

Should have suspended kid instead

The registered DEMOCRAT Father of the child brought it all to light resulting in any and all action against the Principal. I see no problem with this as I see no problem with the shirt regardless of which American President's name is on it. You think the Dad is a "Right Winger"?
NO, but the pussies crying about it are right wingers.

Do school age kids have freedom of speech? Kind of a serious question. They arent allowed other rights. Funny how we draw the line on when they gain certain rights and not others.

Getting fired seems extreme, I guess a lot of it depends on why he was wearing the shirt. Im going to guess he wanted to cause outrage. I used to be forced to turn shirts that had skulls on them, such as a Austin 3:16 shirt inside out. I didnt get a choice. I guess the right is also turn into SJWs.

The difference between this situation and those usually created by SJWs couldn't be more distinct. This strengthens the rights of all students to express themselves politically. If you can wear a Trump shirt, than surely a Bernie shirt is fair game as well. SJW complaints almost always are aimed at reducing freedom of expression.

It is the principal who was behaving like an SJW here in silencing speech she found offensive.

It's funny that in another thread today people were fine with a teacher being fired for something that happened at a non-school function, while this was a direct abuse of the principal's power.

I don't think either should be fired, but I think it would be more appropriate in this case than in the case of the lady with the Hitler kid. Certainly this principal should face some sort of professional consequences.

We are all jaded hypocrites.

Im going to guess he wanted to cause outrage.
Maybe, or maybe he's just stupid and really likes Donald Trump, and like his stupid parents he conflates the identity politics of the POTUS with the identity of America. Either way, this experience has likely scarred him and entrenched him in his parents' stupidity for life.

Back