Principal fired for telling kid to remove Trump jersey

Well a kid certainly can't tell a teacher to go fuck off or wear a shirt that says fuck off, without potentially facing punishment. Their right to free speech is obviously limited.

Well no that's not just exercising free speech, that's breaking school rules. The kid is not arrested for that speech, they are just subject to school rules.

You can't even go into a movie theater and say "Fuck off" to somebody who works there without getting thrown out. You have to follow the rules of the place of business (or school) that you are in.

But beyond that, you can express yourself in any way that does not cause a disruption. You can even make special requests (like a private space to pray) and the school is 100% constitutionally obligated to comply.

Who is that guy in your sig photo again (in color) and what happened to him? Only way to stop them from doing it again is to use their own tactics against them.
Wow, you couldn't possibly be dumber about this. Thinking that firing her is the way to stop people from being fired over stuff like this? And Louis CK's thing doesn't have even a little to do with this on any level. Dip your dome in lava.

Incredible? Nah. It's pretty easy to understand. She gets complaints and oversteps by asking the kid to remove a political shirt that is prompting the complaints. This is not "incredible" or something that warrants a termination of employment. It's pretty easy to correct too.

Disagree. The request is wildly inappropriate. It's a jersey at a football game. Not saying getting fired is the only alternative, i said I'm fine with it.

Disagree. The request is wildly inappropriate. It's a jersey at a football game. Not saying getting fired is the only alternative, i said I'm fine with it.
Wildly!

Scarlett O'Hara up in here. I don't buy it lol, this is partisan phony stuff.

Well no that's not just exercising free speech, that's breaking school rules. The kid is not arrested for that speech, they are just subject to school rules.

You can't even go into a movie theater and say "Fuck off" to somebody who works there without getting thrown out. You have to follow the rules of the place of business (or school) that you are in.

But beyond that, you can express yourself in any way that does not cause a disruption. You can even make special requests (like a private space to pray) and the school is 100% constitutionally obligated to comply.

I'm sure there is a school rule about causing a disturbance as most do, If students claimed that this shirt offended them, that it would follow under said rule.

This was a fantastic call. Get that principal out of the school ASAP. Perfect execution, and brilliantly done.

Has anybody seen evidence that she was actually fired? All I have seen is that she was "replaced" at that school. I could be wrong, but I really think that might mean they just moved her to another community or put her in a position outside of the school. I believe they would have said she'd be terminated if that was the case.

Has anybody seen evidence that she was actually fired? All I have seen is that she was "replaced" at that school. I could be wrong, but I really think that might mean they just moved her to another community or put her in a position outside of the school. I believe they would have said she'd be terminated if that was the case.
They probably just moved her, aka the Turkey Trot.

Yeah, I'm thinking there's a list of other things this lady did to get fired.

As a liberal, she probably had many skeletons in her closet. I'd reckon this witch has been harassing students, mostly male for years.

I'm sure there is a school rule about causing a disturbance as most do, If students claimed that this shirt offended them, that it would follow under said rule.

It takes more than another student just feeling offended though.

The classic example is the group of students who wore black armbands in response to the Vietnam War. The students were suspended until they agreed to take them off, and they refused. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court and the students won.

Right wing need a safe space.
How do you read something about a Principal getting triggered by Trump's name and coming to the conclusion that "Right wing need a safe space"??<{1-1}>

I was told to take off a Fresno State Shirt from school.......A fucking college......they also told u to remove any type of jersey, any.
Sorry but Jerseys, any type of jerseys are not allowed in school....Has nothing to do with trump
My high school didn't have any rules like that. Sounds like you just went to a shit hole school. Most likely infested with thugs.

How do you read something about a Principal getting triggered by Trump's name and coming to the conclusion that "Right wing need a safe space"??<{1-1}>

My high school didn't have any rules like that. Sounds like you just went to a shit hole school. Most likely infested with thugs.
Lol, the dude is an overemotional idiot.

Maybe, or maybe he's just stupid and really likes Donald Trump, and like his stupid parents he conflates the identity politics of the POTUS with the identity of America. Either way, this experience has likely scarred him and entrenched him in his parents' stupidity for life.
Let's hope not. Apparently his father is a democrat

I would be lying if I said watching the lefts tactics backfire on them wasnt immensely satisfying.

Right wing need a safe space, LMFAO.....I thought you people were for rules? School Rules say no jerseys of anytype, atleast all schools I been to.

I was told to take off a Fresno State Shirt from school.......A fucking college......they also told u to remove any type of jersey, any.

This is just right winger bullshit.....They just want a safe space.

Sorry but Jerseys, any type of jerseys are not allowed in school....Has nothing to do with trump

Now you fuckers get a person fired over this? Fuck the right winger pussies

The students were asked to wear something patriotic and it was at a fucking football game.

You know who the real crybaby snowflake it? The fucking principal who can't handle Trump being President, and her dumbass taking it out on a poor student.

It was right to replace the petty tyrant.

It takes more than another student just feeling offended though.

The classic example is the group of students who wore black armbands in response to the Vietnam War. The students were suspended until they agreed to take them off, and they refused. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court and the students won.

Well here is kinda how I see our conversation.

Do kids have free speech at school?

Yes.

What about saying or wearing the word fuck?

You can't wear that in a private business so you shouldn't be allowed to do so in a public school, because that's against the rules.

So your argument, to me is they have political free speech, but not true freedom of speech.

A private company is free to refuse you services for being disruptive, but a public school can also do so? These are government building and government employees. I can tell a cop to fuck off that is absolutely within my rights to do so, but all of a sudden we have rules about disruptive speech for school age kids against public employees? This is more like court, where you can be held in contempt for using words the judge does not like.

Children lack a lot of rights due to age restrictions, that was kind of the base for me bring up if the actually had the right to free speech in a public school. I really didnt intend to be this invested in this.

Back