Pro Wrestling Discussion 177: Lunatic Fringe, We All Know You're Out There!

20141015_keepcalm_hart-70464681.jpg

You would look like shit too if you had to listen to punk 24/7

I took this as punk music, got offended, realized something was askew, hit back, reread it, face palmed, and the. Wrote this while pooping. Merica

Oh, and the Cruiserweight episode of the Monday Night Wars was very neat. One of the first ones I think that showed not only WCW doing something well (at first) but also how WWF tried to imitate that and generally failed (with Light Heavyweights).

I was also interested to see Ric Flair and (I think it was) Arn Anderson really talking up the Cruiserweights as a big part of the show and giving them compliments, though I suppose I shouldn't be. Flair seems like the model for the average-sized-guy wrestler and I'm surprised it's not brought up more (or at least on here). He had a very average physique compared to a lot of other guys he went against, and was not a Hulk Hogan style giant, instead relying on hiss work, technical ability, and of course his personality.

A fucking Norman smiley sighting. I'm gonna chant Norman smiley at the rumble:

To be fair most wrestlers HATE when you call them by their real name, especially CM Punk.

I think it probably has to do with the fact that they generally hate smarks, so the second you call them by their real name they instantly know you are one.

I think it's disrrspectful to call them by their real name. I met the hurricane back in like 02 or something and I was on my way out of wrestling. Still called him hurricane.

I think it's disrrspectful to call them by their real name. I met the hurricane back in like 02 or something and I was on my way out of wrestling. Still called him hurricane.

Should have called him Hamburglar.

I think when you combine in ring skill and promos, prime Randy might be GOAT.

Why don't you do that yourself so you can be with him.

Macho man is in heaven. He stopped the apocalypse a couple of years ago with an elbow drop. It is known. Also, it is known that the gators absolutely suck!

The Hurricans suck too.

Back