Products that exceeded your expectations

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems that so many products don't live up to expectations. I was surprised by one that I've had for six years. When I got a smart phone in 2012, it came in a package deal with a bluetooth hands free Motorola TX500 speaker for a car among other things. Verizon paired all of the devices. I put the speaker on the visor and used it a couple of times. I don't usually get or take calls while driving my personal vehicle. When the contract expired, I quit using the smart phone and went back to a more convenient to carry flip phone. I never paired the flip phone to the speaker. A month ago, I got a newer car, so I took everything out of the old car including the speaker. I figured it would be junk after being in the car for 6 years. I turned it on and it announced that the battery level was high. I've had my spare phone battery go dead in a month with the phone turned off.

I took it in my house and paired it to my phone. I've used it in the house for a month to see if it works and I have taken a few calls on it and it still works fine and says the battery charge is high.

Cliffs; Motorola TX500 bluetooth speaker. Charged once when new in 2012. Battery level is still high and unit operational 6 years later.

Have you had anything that worked better or longer than you expected it to?

Loves my Rival gloves.

oh and my fleshlight obviously.

I got a Set of Klipsch Speakers I bought in 1991 (they were around $2400 back then)

Motherfuckers are still bangin.
yosdqpdg1xgdaqe2fvwd.jpg

I was just thinking about the opposite of this thread: highly rated/hyped products that didn't live up to expectations. Probably been done before.

I've got a cheap cast iron pot that I've ended up using way more than I expected. Still going strong.

I got a Set of Klipsch Speakers I bought in 1991 (they were around $2400 back then)

yosdqpdg1xgdaqe2fvwd.jpg

I have a pair of Cerwin-Vega's from the 1980's with real wood cabinets that still work perfectly.

9511-3.jpg

That slap chop, it makes chopping easy especially if you cook a lot like myself.

Netflix. I thought it was stupid to get DVDs through the mail, but once I tried it, I fell in love. And they kept making their service better and better and price increases were negligible and rare.

I'm also a fan of @SammyPops' fleshlight and @90 50's astroglide

I can't think of anything specific at the moment, but all kinds of things....even those that people review badly online. Amazon is chock full of people that shouldn't be leaving reviews. I absolutely love the 1 star reviews that make no sense at all or that aren't even reviews. "1 star - A part was missing. How do I get my missing part?" If you can navigate the site well enough to leave a review, you would think you would have common sense enough to contact amazon directly to solve an issue with a product.

Probably my sherdog account..

I lurked for about a good two years before finally giving in and making an account.

Surprisingly... Here I still am more then ten years later.

SAD.

I'm a writer and have never had a PC last much beyond the warranty period. My last one died around 2012 and the new one I bought had the first version of Windows 8. I hated it and returned it but couldn't find anything with Windows 7.

Apple was God-awful expensive but offered 18 months free financing so I tried an iMac. Bought it in 2012, and I'm typing this post on it right now. No bloatware, no antivirus protection, no crashing. There was a learning curve but damn it's slick.

My kids have a PC in our den and last year I upgraded our network printer. After 45 minutes of downloading drivers and fighting the fucking setup, the PC was connected. I woke my iMac and the screen said, "New network printer detected. Make this your default?" I clicked "yes" and the fucker has worked ever since. I know Apple catches a lot of flack, but they make good shit.

2 purchases come to mind that gave me that worth-every-penny feeling: Canon T2i camera, and my Ibanez guitar. Bought several years ago, still use them both nearly every day.

My MacBookPro 2011 is still amazing. I updated the ram and put in a SSD.

The original Ginsu knife. My parents bought two in 1981 and I still use one of them, they use the other.

Ginsu.jpg

I'm a writer and have never had a PC last much beyond the warranty period. My last one died around 2012 and the new one I bought had the first version of Windows 8. I hated it and returned it but couldn't find anything with Windows 7.

Apple was God-awful expensive but offered 18 months free financing so I tried an iMac. Bought it in 2012, and I'm typing this post on it right now. No bloatware, no antivirus protection, no crashing. There was a learning curve but damn it's slick.

My kids have a PC in our den and last year I upgraded our network printer. After 45 minutes of downloading drivers and fighting the fucking setup, the PC was connected. I woke my iMac and the screen said, "New network printer detected. Make this your default?" I clicked "yes" and the fucker has worked ever since. I know Apple catches a lot of flack, but they make good shit.

I'm posting from a 6 year old HP Pavilion. It was like 350 dollars and I found it on Slickdeals.net. I bought a printer and plugged it in and the computer found it and I was able to connect with just a click.

However, some retarded program is trying to update and I don't know why. Webcompanion from Lavasoft. I guess I need to spend a minute to uninstall but I'm lazy.

I can't think of anything specific at the moment, but all kinds of things....even those that people review badly online. Amazon is chock full of people that shouldn't be leaving reviews. I absolutely love the 1 star reviews that make no sense at all or that aren't even reviews. "1 star - A part was missing. How do I get my missing part?" If you can navigate the site well enough to leave a review, you would think you would have common sense enough to contact amazon directly to solve an issue with a product.

LOL - Or the reviews that give it 1-2 stars and say "Product was great but one of the ______ was damaged during shipping"

yosdqpdg1xgdaqe2fvwd.jpg

I have a set of the first, (1982), Polk SDA speakers. The sound is great but they require a very good amplifier. Yamaha's best amp of the day couldn't handle them although Yamaha later found they had gotten some bad power transistors. The speakers still work great but they are very large and take up a lot of room.
IMG_0622-1.JPG

I have a pair of Cerwin-Vega's from the 1980's with real wood cabinets that still work perfectly.

9511-3.jpg
I had those same speakers for years, then the red foam dried out and went to hell. I was bummed, I rocked the house when I had them.

Back