Products that exceeded your expectations

I'm posting from a 6 year old HP Pavilion. It was like 350 dollars and I found it on Slickdeals.net. I bought a printer and plugged it in and the computer found it and I was able to connect with just a click.

However, some retarded program is trying to update and I don't know why. Webcompanion from Lavasoft. I guess I need to spend a minute to uninstall but I'm lazy.
I use mine to make a living and really had shitty luck with PCs. Now I love the ios ecosystem. It's restrictive, but I'm sometimes a tech dumb-fuck and the Apple stuff is easy.

I had those same speakers for years, then the red foam dried out and went to hell. I was bummed, I rocked the house when I had them.

Cerwin-Vega was quality back in the 80's and 90's, I'm not sure how they rate with their more modern products but the old ones were pretty bad ass and like I said, wood cabinets.

I'm a writer and have never had a PC last much beyond the warranty period. My last one died around 2012 and the new one I bought had the first version of Windows 8. I hated it and returned it but couldn't find anything with Windows 7.

Apple was God-awful expensive but offered 18 months free financing so I tried an iMac. Bought it in 2012, and I'm typing this post on it right now. No bloatware, no antivirus protection, no crashing. There was a learning curve but damn it's slick.

My kids have a PC in our den and last year I upgraded our network printer. After 45 minutes of downloading drivers and fighting the fucking setup, the PC was connected. I woke my iMac and the screen said, "New network printer detected. Make this your default?" I clicked "yes" and the fucker has worked ever since. I know Apple catches a lot of flack, but they make good shit.

I've often considered going to an Apple computer. After they took my laptop when they broke in, I had to get a new one on Christmas Eve. I went to Best Buy and really looked at Apple but I had to get connected quickly to change all of my passwords so I bought a Windows laptop. Of course, everything came with Windows 10 so I might as well have bought the Apple because there was a learning curve. Start up the new laptop and it spends almost an hour updating and it had only been built 2 months earlier. My printer and scanner wouldn't work with Windows 10 either. I went online and purchased a laptop that came with Windows 7 to use with the scanner and printer and to have a spare.

posting on an ASUS laptop i bought in 2011. i got two more laptops, also Asus, one bought last year for 1800 USD and i just use it for games sometimes. this fucker won't die, going strong on 7 years.

My Braun self cleaning shaver... I've had this thing for over 15 years and still works great, I just have to change out the blades and foil yearly.

braun-8585.jpg

I've been impressed with the Brie Olson fleshlight my dad passed down to me

Cerwin-Vega was quality back in the 80's and 90's, I'm not sure how they rate with their more modern products but the old ones were pretty bad ass and like I said, wood cabinets.

Did your speakers have that awesome pink foam surrounds? I hosted so many parties with my Cerwin Vegas just rocking. Good times. I miss the 90's.

I use mine to make a living and really had shitty luck with PCs. Now I love the ios ecosystem. It's restrictive, but I'm sometimes a tech dumb-fuck and the Apple stuff is easy.

I like Apple products but I would never buy one because they make them so you can't fix them yourself. They also make them self destruct if you try to take them apart yourself. cunts.

I got drunk and broke the screen on my computer and was able to replace it for 30 dollars.

Investing in a home gym.

Indeed.

Picked up a half rack for bench, squats, and deadlifts and it's been great.

No waiting for an empty rack and I can lift whenever I want then I jog/walk in my neighborhood.

upload_2018-7-24_12-1-51.jpeg

I had an elliptical and treadmill I sold but may get a bike for cardio.

Still have a gym membership for when I want some eye stimuli, but a home gym is great.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-24_12-1-26.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-24_12-1-26.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 1
Indeed.

Picked up a half rack for bench, squats, and deadlifts and it's been great.

No waiting for an empty rack and I can lift whenever I want then I jog/walk in my neighborhood.

View attachment 411333

I had an elliptical and treadmill I sold but may get a bike for cardio.

Still have a gym membership for when I want some eye stimuli, but a home gym is great.

And they don't depreciate too much. It's a great investment.

I'm a writer and have never had a PC last much beyond the warranty period. My last one died around 2012 and the new one I bought had the first version of Windows 8. I hated it and returned it but couldn't find anything with Windows 7.

Apple was God-awful expensive but offered 18 months free financing so I tried an iMac. Bought it in 2012, and I'm typing this post on it right now. No bloatware, no antivirus protection, no crashing. There was a learning curve but damn it's slick.

My kids have a PC in our den and last year I upgraded our network printer. After 45 minutes of downloading drivers and fighting the fucking setup, the PC was connected. I woke my iMac and the screen said, "New network printer detected. Make this your default?" I clicked "yes" and the fucker has worked ever since. I know Apple catches a lot of flack, but they make good shit.

My MacBookPro 2011 is still amazing. I updated the ram and put in a SSD.

The original Ginsu knife. My parents bought two in 1981 and I still use one of them, they use the other.

Ginsu.jpg

Your Mac feelings will be changed soon, those are getting up to the age where it will no longer allow you to update the iOS, and browsers.

Making them utterly unusable. With a pc, you can update anything you want , it just might get a little slower.

Your Mac feelings will be changed soon, those are getting up to the age where it will no longer allow you to update the iOS, and browsers.

Making them utterly unusable. With a pc, you can update anything you want , it just might get a little slower.

7 yrs of hardcore work use for a laptop is more than I ever expected. I'm typing on a 2017 right now.

Avengers: Infinity War. I found the trailer meh and wasn't excited for it. Ended up seeing the movie 3x in theaters (a record for me) and found it awesome in every war.

The girl that was kinda 'meh' that you take home because there isn't anything better and your are bored. And she turns out to be a freak who sucks dick like her life depends on it and gets freaky and weird in the best way. And you are happy because you remember that last hot chick you banged and she just laid there like a dead fish.

Not a tech gadget but a sweatshirt I bought in 1995. It was bought from the place I was training at back then. I've rolled around concrete floors in it, had it grabbed at, yanked and pulled at as though it was a gi. I've sweated in it, bled all over it and it's been washed so much it's gone from black to that washed out grey shade and it's STILL going strong!

As a Kitchen stuff guy I will go with that.

My Nesco Dehydrator which makes the best Jerk Turkey Jerky.

acf2e47846244d54c513537854ce3c24.jpg

My Vitamix Blender

Vitamix-Certified-Reconditioned-Standard-Programs-Blender_520x520.jpg

Mt Breville home espresso machine

91ylpIrV3WL._SL1500_.jpg

Mu Cuisinart Steam Oven

original.jpg

My Weber Genesis BBQ

Weber_TA.jpg

Bowflex Selectech dumbbells and an adjustable incline bench.

I can do most free weight lifting exercises (for reps, but some lifting is better than no lifting) from the comfort of my own basement. I've had this setup for 2 years, and I've never looked back. I've saved hundreds in gym costs. Physically going to the gym is for the thirsty and financially wasteful.

For cardio, I'm literally waiting for my order of a new rowing machine to come in sometime today. Hopefully that also meets or exceeds my expectations.

Last edited:
Back