Products that exceeded your expectations

Fender Precision bass.

Had it in my head ever since I was a kid that they weren’t that good. Too simple. Not enough “tonal variety.” Convinced myself I needed something with exotic “tone woods” and complex electronics. Finally scored one for a great price a couple of years ago and haven’t looked back. It is amazing. Kicking myself that I waited so long.

Probably 2 pieces of Sony audio equipment.

First is the set of headphones I use at home. I got them about 15 years ago and used for tons of different purposes as they've got a really long lead. Guitar, computer and TV. They weren't expensive and have been abused to hell but somehow they're still working just fine. They've got a really long cable which is always getting run over by my computer chair and ottoman, but somehow they seem immune to damage.

Second is my Sony AV amplifier.

It was fully powered the day I accidentally spilled an entire pint of rum and coke through the top of it. I left it for about a week to dry out, plugged it back in, and despite the smell of burning sugar, it came on just fine like nothing had ever happened.

I have 5.1 surround w/ a Yamaha AVR.

The sub, and two bookshelfs (I use at front R and L) are legit Sony's been going strong for like 8 years now (I used to just rock a 2.1 setup)

The center and two surrounds are a brand that was off the wall, Bic America, and I have been nothing but HIGHLY impressed with their performance.

Migrant-Farm-Workers-Are-the-Backbone-of-the-Agricultural-Industry.jpg

Fender Precision bass.

Had it in my head ever since I was a kid that they weren’t that good. Too simple. Not enough “tonal variety.” Convinced myself I needed something with exotic “tone woods” and complex electronics. Finally scored one for a great price a couple of years ago and haven’t looked back. It is amazing. Kicking myself that I waited so long.

P-Bass's are great. I've never owned one, but have played them quite a bit as a couple of bass players of bands I was in had them over the years; but I prefer the Fender Jazz Bass over them. I used to have a decent Mexican one but it ended up getting stolen. I also play drums and guitar and have been focused more on those over the years now I just have a cheaper Ibanez bass that I picked up from Craigslist. It gets the job done I guess, but I've definitely played better.

I have a jam room in my basement with a PA drums, amps, keyboard, several guitars, and a bass. I wasn't really playing bass anymore when I got it and kind of skimped as I just wanted to complete my little studio space with a full band set up. I do however want to get another Jazz bass sometime down the line though.

P-Bass's are great. I've never owned one, but have played them quite a bit as a couple of bass players of bands I was in had them over the years; but I prefer the Fender Jazz Bass over them. I used to have a decent Mexican one but it ended up getting stolen. I also play drums and guitar and have been focused more on those over the years now I just have a cheaper Ibanez bass that I picked up from Craigslist. It gets the job done I guess, but I've definitely played better.

I have a jam room in my basement with a PA drums, amps, keyboard, several guitars, and a bass. I wasn't really playing bass anymore when I got it and kind of skimped as I just wanted to complete my little studio space with a full band set up. I do however want to get another Jazz bass sometime down the line though.
I had a MIJ 70’s reissue Jazz back in the day. Amazing bass. I stupidly sold it though when I needed money.

Bowflex Selectech dumbbells and an adjustable incline bench.

I can do most free weight lifting exercises (for reps, but some lifting is better than no lifting) from the comfort of my own basement. I've had this setup for 2 years, and I've never looked back. I've saved hundreds in gym costs. Physically going to the gym is for the thirsty and financially wasteful.

For cardio, I'm literally waiting for my order of a new rowing machine to come in sometime today. Hopefully that also meets or exceeds my expectations.
Calls others financially wasteful but buys a rowing machine for cardio.. Ever heard of running Mr Buffett?

Uad Apollo interface and plugins. Makes me smile every time I use them and I've used them heavily for a handful of years now.

Calls others financially wasteful but buys a rowing machine for cardio.. Ever heard of running Mr Buffett?
Rowing gives good cardio workouts + strengthens your lower back + is low impact + allows me to get in some cardio before leaving for work without having to leave the house, thus saving me time.

I already have a bum knee, and running has only made it worse over the years.

A one time purchase of a rowing machine will end up saving me THOUSANDS in doctors visits, treatments, and radiology studies over the next few years.

Rowing gives good cardio workouts + strengthens your lower back + is low impact + allows me to get in some cardio before leaving for work without having to leave the house, thus saving me time.

I already have a bum knee, and running has only made it worse over the years.

A one time purchase of a rowing machine will end up saving me THOUSANDS in doctors visits, treatments, and radiology studies over the next few years.
Concept 2 rower?

Cerwin-Vega was quality back in the 80's and 90's, I'm not sure how they rate with their more modern products but the old ones were pretty bad ass and like I said, wood cabinets.
Mine were from the 80’s, bought all that stuff when I was overseas back then.

As a Kitchen stuff guy I will go with that.

My Nesco Dehydrator which makes the best Jerk Turkey Jerky.

acf2e47846244d54c513537854ce3c24.jpg

My Vitamix Blender

Vitamix-Certified-Reconditioned-Standard-Programs-Blender_520x520.jpg

Mt Breville home espresso machine

91ylpIrV3WL._SL1500_.jpg

Mu Cuisinart Steam Oven

original.jpg

My Weber Genesis BBQ

Weber_TA.jpg

I love my Vitamix and my Breville toaster oven. The blender paid for itself with the wife making her own smoothies, and the toaster oven is used for 95% of our roasting and baking. No need to heat the big oven! Fucking life changing.

My MacBookPro 2011 is still amazing. I updated the ram and put in a SSD.

The original Ginsu knife. My parents bought two in 1981 and I still use one of them, they use the other.

Ginsu.jpg
Omf. That’s the exact fucking knife I had!!! I used it for EVERYTHING lol it just cut nicely and felt good in my hands.

Strangely disappeared 3 moves ago, and I’ve been unhappy with every knife ever since.

posting on an ASUS laptop i bought in 2011. i got two more laptops, also Asus, one bought last year for 1800 USD and i just use it for games sometimes. this fucker won't die, going strong on 7 years.
I had an asus netbook for 7 years no problems. The only reason it got retired was because my dumb ass accidentally kicked a tea off of the shelf next to my bed. Which landed on the keyboard. So it quickly went “bye bye” lol.

Your Mac feelings will be changed soon, those are getting up to the age where it will no longer allow you to update the iOS, and browsers.

Making them utterly unusable. With a pc, you can update anything you want , it just might get a little slower.

Tell me why I can't update my Garmin after the last Windows upgrade?

German Wusthof brand kitchen knives. I've never cared about cutlery or spent decent money on silverware or dinnerware. I found a 5 piece set on clearance for $79 (regularly $175-200) and bought it. Wow! These things retain an edge and can cut through damn near anything. Totally beyond what I was expecting. They clean nicely and haven't stained. Now I see why the pros spend real coin on quality cutlery.

I have 5.1 surround w/ a Yamaha AVR.

The sub, and two bookshelfs (I use at front R and L) are legit Sony's been going strong for like 8 years now (I used to just rock a 2.1 setup)

The center and two surrounds are a brand that was off the wall, Bic America, and I have been nothing but HIGHLY impressed with their performance.

I've been rocking 3 BIC America center channels for my left, center and right fronts. They have been used daily for the last 15 years. They still sound amazing for the price.

My taint harness has lasted 5 years. Usually they only last a month.

Back