Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget who was giving Johnny Nitro all the props a few pages back but I must say his work last night looked quite good.

However, I think I actually liked having the Spirit Squad plastered all over RAW more than having to see Umaga interfere in every conceivable match.

I'm the Nitro Nuthugger, but missed his match last night because I was flipping back and forth between Babalu's Spike special and RAW.

Looks like he'll be getting a monster push now. Still wish it was that time in wrestling when they could bake raw talent for a couple of years before making them a main course.

Wasn't that the second consecutive time the E cut Khali from a PPV? Is he that horrible in the ring? I don't think I've seen Smackdown all that much since he debuted.

peves said:
Wasn't that the second consecutive time the E cut Khali from a PPV? Is he that horrible in the ring? I don't think I've seen Smackdown all that much since he debuted.

The first time he was scratched was due to a liver problem. And yes, he is that bad. Khali is so horrible, he makes El Gigante look like Ricky the Dragon Steamboat.

Randomly speaking of the the tall body suit dude:

My girlfriend read up on El Gigante recently (yeah, I wondered the same). He's confined to a wheel chair these days and is hoping to get some aid from the Argentinean government. Not doing too well. They guy is only 40.

I either posted this before or thought that I should but wanted to wait for the right time.

Do you remember when that guy played a Cuban bad guy on Thunder in Paradise, LOL?

Also, Batista is getting a divorce and is reportedly dating Rebecca Dipetro from the Diva Search. She is the one that tried to swing a chair at JT after she lost Musical Chairs.

What do you guys think was Hulk Hogan's best movie? I would say Thunder in Paradise or Assault on Devil's Island.

Direct quote from Dave Meltzer on Khali/Undertaker: "In what may ba a first time ever, WWE pulled a major match off a major ppv for reasons of SUCKTITUDE. The decision was made to put Undertaker/Khali in the last man standing match on this week's Smackdown show because the decision was made the only way to air this match is on tape with plenty of time to edit it before anyone sees it. The house show matches were so bad they decided against risking it (live.) The only argument against this decision was that they advertised the match on the last ppv and didn't deliver and now they are doing it again. But the forces of, "The house show matches were so bad why stink up a good show with it," won out. Apparently everything you see on Friday with Khali is always heavily edited, and there are always things so bad that you don't see. The basic deal with him is they feel they can get some life out of him because of his size, but they can't ever risk him doing anything live, which kind of limits you when the blow-offs are usually on PPV shows, so his push may be drawing to a close. They've put rank amateurs like Zeus on big PPV shows (granted, in a tag match, with big-time working partners), but this guy, who has been working for several years, was pulled for a show because he was so bad they got scared."

And now it looks like Khali needs surgery on both knees-- Isn't that adding injury to insult?

White Snake said:
What do you guys think was Hulk Hogan's best movie? I would say Thunder in Paradise or Assault on Devil's Island.
If you count Rocky III when he played Thunderlips, then you have to go with that one. If you are talking about the ones he starred in then I don't know why I am even responding!:D

flowwiththego said:
If you count Rocky III when he played Thunderlips, then you have to go with that one. If you are talking about the ones he starred in then I don't know why I am even responding!:D
the one hulk movie where he was a nanny and had to rescue the kids.

peves said:
Randomly speaking of the the tall body suit dude:

My girlfriend read up on El Gigante recently (yeah, I wondered the same). He's confined to a wheel chair these days and is hoping to get some aid from the Argentinean government. Not doing too well. They guy is only 40.

I either posted this before or thought that I should but wanted to wait for the right time.
I heard Ted Turner found him and put him under contract, hoping he would play pro basket ball. His knees were bad, so they put him into WCW. Big, but boring.

Suprisingly, Oz started out the same way. Different outcome.

psychomikex said:
I heard Ted Turner found him and put him under contract, hoping he would play pro basket ball. His knees were bad, so they put him into WCW. Big, but boring.

Suprisingly, Oz started out the same way. Different outcome.
He was a first round draft choice of the Atlanta Hawks. When they figured out he wasn't good enough for the NBA they turned him into a pro wrestler. Who would have thought he would have been a worse wrestler than basketball player? ( besides EVERYONE in the wrestling business except the two who mattered the most, Turner, then McMahon.)

Kurt Angle is getting a divorce from his wife who is pregnant with a son on the way. They had broken up before, got back together and now are getting divorced.

angel of death said:
Anyone have any information on last nights Summerslam? Quality of the matches, crowd reaction, that sort of thing?

the matches were generally pretty good. flair vs. foley was amazing, and the DX vs. Mcmahons match was about as good as it could be. hogan vs. orton was a joke, considering all of hogan's offense came from his final legdrop that can even be considered a real move. the championship match actually had a lot of excitement about it, especially with the added stipulation of edge losing the title if was DQ'ed. it made the fact that he was going to cheat to win anyway just that much more exciting. overall, a pretty good ppv.

Dxnwo.jpg

has anyone seen this poster???

Are Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Eugene and the Highlanders father, son and distant relatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back