Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hickson said:
wat were peoples ocmments abou what nature boy posted..with the DX symbol over the NWO sign

Its a photoshopped pic. It surfaced back in June and was confirmed to be false.

And whoever asked about Jerry Lynn, he's currently working as an agent, but has worked a few indy shows recently. I doubt if he ever comes back on a regular basis.

Also at this time would like to make a plea to everyone here. As fans, I'm asking you to boycott Smackdown. The exploitation of Eddy Guerrero is completely out of control, and I, along with many others would like to see it stop. We can stop it from going on. Don't watch Smackdown. Let that viewership go downhill.

If you don't want to stop watching Smackdown, I'm not forcing you to, but I'll ask you to change the channel whenever you see the Eddy exploitation between Mysterio, Chavo, and Eddy's widow Vickie. Please don't watch that happen. Its disgusting to me that the three people closest to Guererro would be willing to do this. I for one want to see it end, and if we can get enough people to tune out when this stuff goes on, hopefully it'll stop.

BrooklynBomber said:
Also at this time would like to make a plea to everyone here. As fans, I'm asking you to boycott Smackdown. The exploitation of Eddy Guerrero is completely out of control, and I, along with many others would like to see it stop. We can stop it from going on. Don't watch Smackdown. Let that viewership go downhill.

I agree and have routingly flipped the channel in the past whenever the E or anyone exploits death, but have one question as a fellow New Yorker: What freaking day is Smackdown on lately? Every Friday UPN broadcasts the Yankees instead of wrasslin'. I assume it's on Saturday but keep forgetting to check.

BBomber, is "Leaping through the timestream of my life" a Slaughter House 5 reference?

peves said:
BBomber, is "Leaping through the timestream of my life" a Slaughter House 5 reference?

Nah, I'm a fan of the show Quantum Leap. But lately I know they play SD on Saturdays because of Friday Night Yankees, even though my favorite team plays in Flushing.

BrooklynBomber said:
even though my favorite team plays in Flushing.

Ditto. Life long Met fan. I'm tired of the Yankees getting too much TV time when I wanna watch wrestling! Also tired of A-Rod getting five articles on how he hit a sac-fly the night before.

At any rate, what's gonna happen to Smackdown once the WB and UPN collide networks?

Its said to still be retaining its spot on the new CW network, as are the Mets. I'm just guessing the Yankees lose their Friday night spot and remain on YES and the Saturday afternoon game of the week on our FOX affiliate.

I just watched this week's ECW. Would it be possible to have Tori Wilson bending over in the corner of every match?

What do you think of CM Punk? I think he's kinda fresh, but the MMA angle is lame. A couple of lame leg kicks and a weak spinning back fist looks stupid. Try a good Muay Thai clinch, then some elbows or knees. Why the fuck would they bring out CW Anderson?!? If I remember correctly, he is NOT related to Arn Anderson but copies him. Old fat jobber... WTF?

Good to see Tommy and Sandman win a clean match. Shit. Test sucks and so does Mike Cocks.

I think LAX is the best thing going in TNA. They are like the old Road Warriors. Kick Ass and take names later. No rules. Any one agree?

Please Flair, semi-retire. YOu are my favorite of all time.

Thanks!

BREAKING NEWS: KURT ANGLE HAS BEEN RELEASED

From WWE.com:

Kurt Angle has been given an early release from his contract due to personal issues.

BrooklynBomber said:
BREAKING NEWS: KURT ANGLE HAS BEEN RELEASED

From WWE.com:

Kurt Angle has been given an early release from his contract due to personal issues.

Wanna bet when this news breaks out to the MMA side, there will be 20+ threads about how he might go do MMA?

I'm going to miss the hell out of him, but this really is the best thing. He's going through a rough divorce, battling a supposed pain killer addiction, is working with a terrible injury, and has been going non-stop for a long while despite his injuries. He needs a good layoff to refresh himself and eventually, he'll be back, and if the bookers are smart thrust into the main event.

He was never going to stop wrestling otherwise. The break will do him good. Give him 6 months to a year out, let him clear up injuries, divorces and get help with any addictions he may have, and he'll be back in the main even this time next year!

Since this thread has reached 100+ pages, let's go to Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back