Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember me ranting on the last thread about how pro wrestling was a tougher profession than MMA? Here is an interview from Kurt Angle concerning his release from the WWE. Keep in mind that the WWE apparently did him the favor of portraying it as a mutual decision but the word is it was all McMahon's doing. Training in MMA six hours a day 5-6 days a week and fighting 2-3 times a year and very limited travel is easy compared to what these guys go through. I am NOT saying pro wrestlers as a whole could beat up MMAers but rest assured, they are "tougher":

Angle commented to the website, "My body is so beat up and run down, I can't even think straight." He said that the seven years of running on the road for the company have taken a major toll on him emotionally and physically, noting, "I haven't been able to really enjoy my life. I haven't seen my family, I've had problems with medication - I'm just fried physically and mentally." Angle's business manager David Hawk noted that the former Olympic Gold Medalist has been using prescription medication to deal with the situation and at this point, does not intend to return to the ring unless he can do so without the continued aid of prescription medication.

Angle's injuries from his final WWE match (as of now) in White Plains, New York against Rob Van Dam were noted as well, with Angle commenting, "Early on in the match, I pulled my groin, but I kept going, feeding off the crowd. Then I pulled my abdominal muscle off the pelvic bone, but I kept going as the crowd grew more wild. Finally, I blew out my hamstring, but we finished the match."

Angle noted in the article that there is no timeframe for his possible return to the company and that he is focusing on getting better, physically and mentally.

Cheers for the interview. When you say "it was all McMahon's doing", do you mean that McMahon let him go so he could sort himself out, or McMahon just wanted rid of Kurt.

I'd find the 2nd option hard to believe, but Vince is capable of anything.

Just out of interest, what makes this a new season?

mikebourkefan said:
where has hardcore holly been ?

If i remember correctly, he picked up an infection in a wound/injury, which was pretty much life threatening.

Its just good to have him back on TV!

flowwiththego said:
Angle's injuries from his final WWE match (as of now) in White Plains, New York against Rob Van Dam were noted as well, with Angle commenting, "Early on in the match, I pulled my groin, but I kept going, feeding off the crowd. Then I pulled my abdominal muscle off the pelvic bone, but I kept going as the crowd grew more wild. Finally, I blew out my hamstring, but we finished the match."
damn ....

AverageJoe said:
Pardon my ignorance but, what makes it a new season?

Summer is ending and that is usually the best time to be watching wrestling since guys get pushed to the next level like Edge, Booker T and RVD did this year. Like BrooklynBomber said, Summerslam usually puts and end to old storylines and begins new ones. Unfortunately, the Eddie Guerrero angle is still continuing and it's getting worse by the week.

Makes sense i suppose... i don't know whats happening with the Eddie Guerrero storyline anymore. I've completely given up on Smackdown and won't go back to it until the farce ends

Vickie Guerrero turned on Rey on Smackdown this week. She whacked him with a chair in a Vince Russo-style swerve. This and the Booker/Batista feud are the only 2 angles going on in Smackdown.

wrestlers wearing dresses is a very bad angle. i hated it with saturn in wcw and hate it with vito

I disagree, Adrian Street and Ricco weren't bad at all and they could have and at-times did wear anything imaginable.

King Kabuki said:
I disagree, Adrian Street and Ricco weren't bad at all and they could have and at-times did wear anything imaginable.

Adrian Street was awesome, and Ricco did a pretty decent job trying to emulate his gimmick.

White Snake said:
Vickie Guerrero turned on Rey on Smackdown this week. She whacked him with a chair in a Vince Russo-style swerve.
This angle is so wrong I can't even begin to describe it.

This is why I haven't watched an entire episode of Smack'Down in years.

I'm thinking that Vince wishes he could have done the post-mortem angle when Owen died with Brett and the Bulldog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back