Progressive Rock/Metal, Power and Traditional Metal Thread

John Petrucci on vocals singing demo version of Wither!

I am nerding out on Petrucci stuff again..

His solo in Kindred Spirits from the Liquid Tension experiment really gets me I almost cried lol.

The break before the solo just adds more drama at 2:16

tumblr_nw4pgfIXe11rvzbdgo1_500.gif

Been rocking out too this for the last couple of days.

3:16-5:49 is... it's been helping me get through these last few terrible days.

When I first heard this song I was like "That sounds like that Love Machine disco tune"

Then I realized, it was released 4 years prior too Love Machine, so it's an original masterpiece.

give this a listen

GIving Angra more of a listen, liking what I hear so far.

Their first album had a terrible guitar tone, couldn't get past it, but this album is pretty epic.

Nothing To Say is fucking killer.

Nothing beats hearing a fantastic song for the first few times... outside of playing that perfect note on a guitar or climaxing inside a woman.

My only problem with this song and why it isn't one of my favorites is that it takes too long to get too the point and it's too mellow... not enough going on for my taste.

James sounds phenomenal here and this album is friggin' amazing.

For a long time I neglected this album, only really checking out Home and The Dance of Eternity(this song in particular was what everyone talked about when DT was brought up back in my youth)

Regression-Overture 1928-Strange Deja Vu is fucking orgasmic.

James sounds phenomenal here and this album is friggin' amazing.

For a long time I neglected this album, only really checking out Home and The Dance of Eternity(this song in particular was what everyone talked about when DT was brought up back in my youth)

Regression-Overture 1928-Strange Deja Vu is fucking orgasmic.

Overture is basically every song on that album in different parts. You can sing everything from Home to one last time listening to Overture.

Back