Project veritas caught faking a story to wp

Joe

:l
@Gold
Reaction score
In an attempt to discredit the wp and Roy Moore's accusers project veritas tried to pitch a fake sexual abuse story to the post.

A woman who falsely claimed to The Washington Post that Roy Moore, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Alabama, impregnated her as a teenager appears to work with an organization that uses deceptive tactics to secretly record conversations in an effort to embarrass its targets.

In a series of interviews over two weeks, the woman shared a dramatic story about an alleged sexual relationship with Moore in 1992 that led to an abortion when she was 15. During the interviews, she repeatedly pressed Post reporters to give their opinions on the effects that her claims could have on Moore's candidacy if she went public.

The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. The organization sets up undercover "stings" that involve using false cover stories and covert video recordings meant to expose what the group says is media bias.

Project Veritas = scum

Project Veritas = Watchdog, because the Press is corrupt as hell.

Project Veritas BTFO

Honestly I don't mind Project Veritas type outlets. I mean they're scummy because they then lie about their footage and cut it in ways to make it seem to show things it isn't - but to actually try and catch WaPo or illegal voting etc - it serves it's purpose if it keeps such outlets on their toes and fact checking everything and doing things above board and by the book.

EbMZsY.gif

Last edited:
They put out bait. WP didn't bite. Next story. Seems WP acted like journalists and did due diligence in checking into the story before rushing to post.

If they hadn't PV would have called them on it rightly. Is your issue with PV trying a sting on them?

Veritas is BTFO because for once a corrupt MSM tabloid *didn't* take the bait? Don't think so. If anything they're helping by gradually raising the bar.

it serves it's purpose if it keeps such outlets on their toes and fact checking everything and doing things above board and by the book.

Doesnt this present a conundrum though when political campaigns purchase their services to spread disinformation to their voter base?

So they attempted to make them look like bad journalists, and ended up making them look like good journalists? I hope Moore didn't pay them much for this sting operation.

Honestly I don't mind Project Veritas type outlets. I mean they're scummy because they then lie about their footage and cut it in ways to make it seem to show things it isn't - but to actually try and catch WaPo or illegal voting etc - it serves it's purpose if it keeps such outlets on their toes and fact checking everything and doing things above board and by the book.
interesting take
You don't approve of what they do or how they do it but you like the affect it has. I appreciate that.

Veritas is BTFO because for once a corrupt MSM tabloid *didn't* take the bait? Don't think so. If anything they're helping by gradually raising the bar.

:) I was wondering how Breitbart fans would spin this one.

It's a good thing this type of thing exists, but not Project Veritas itself, because they suck.

A woman associated with Project Veritas tried to entrap WaPo with a fake news story about Roy Moore. The plan was to get WaPo to run the woman's allegation, then reveal it was a false accusation.

Project Veritas is defending a lecherous pedophile who sexually assaulted women. Hardly surprising considering their past shenanigans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-post-sting-sought-embarrass-newspaper-sex-probe-223047196.html

Hasn't Project Veritas heard of the Commandment "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

Project Veritas = Watchdog, because the Press is corrupt as hell.

....you can't be serious.

Every major "story" Veritas has broke was based on intentionally and maliciously manufactured evidence. ACORN and Planned Parenthood were both cleared of all wrongdoing by federal judges, and the judges opined on the fact that the supposed evidence against them were meticulously doctored to present false testimony.

If you think Project Veritas is anything more than society-destroying, rube-conning, lie-profiteering cunts, then you're frankly uninformed.

Back