Project Veritas: Deep State Dbags admit sabotaging POTUS, Hatch Act violations, hiding evidence, etc

Government employee brags about squandering government time on camera.
Gets fired.

Not quite the Hollywood script the "deep state" imbeciles were banking on.

Perhaps some people have grandiose visions of what "The Deep State" is. I've always understood it to be a collection of lazy, pathetic, unaccountable government bureaucrats who abuse their authority while hiding behind the name of the entity. But I concede, Hollywood has really inflated our perception of the "Deep State."

Perhaps some people have grandiose visions of what "The Deep State" is. I've always understood it to be a collection of lazy, pathetic, unaccountable government bureaucrats who abuse their authority while hiding behind the name of the entity. But I concede, Hollywood has really inflated our perception of the "Deep State."
Was that hag that wouldn't give out legal marriage certificates deep state then?

Was that hag that wouldn't give out legal marriage certificates deep state then?

Not really, because her identity was public throughout the whole ordeal (not that it justifies what she did). Also, the Deep State moniker typically applies to federal bureaucrats, not municipal-level employees.

The notion of a swollen, inefficient, predatory government bureaucracy is as classic and established as conservatism gets.

Some might argue that Homeland Security and ICE are themselves examples of this. I would characterize those attitudes as libertarian, and not classically conservative.

The notion of a swollen, inefficient, predatory government bureaucracy is as classic and established as conservatism gets.

Some might argue that Homeland Security and ICE are themselves examples of this. I would characterize those attitudes as libertarian, and not classically conservative.

I've been a part of the bureaucracy before. I can affirm that the criticism is almost all justified. They hire highly qualified people, and soon those people figure out how to skate by doing almost nothing, and eventually they're leaving the office at 3:30pm for the daily happy hour. Nothing ever gets done. There's pretty much no way to hold anyone accountable unless they fuck up during a probationary period, or if they left a paper trail. Not saying all government is bad, but many of the criticisms of bureaucracy are well-founded.

And I do think law enforcement agencies should be more accountable than they are. Everyone in government should be accountable. Many conservatives disagree with me on this, and that's okay. Hopefully the events of the last few years will change their minds.

His videos just cost some chick at the DOJ her job

If you had members of ICE working against their stated goal you’d be on to something

I've been a part of the bureaucracy before. I can affirm that the criticism is almost all justified. They hire highly qualified people, and soon those people figure out how to skate by doing almost nothing, and eventually they're leaving the office at 3:30pm for the daily happy hour. Nothing ever gets done. There's pretty much no way to hold anyone accountable unless they fuck up during a probationary period, or if they left a paper trail. Not saying all government is bad, but many of the criticisms of bureaucracy are well-founded.

And I do think law enforcement agencies should be more accountable than they are. Everyone in government should be accountable. Many conservatives disagree with me on this, and that's okay. Hopefully the events of the last few years will change their minds.

The problem I see with federal positions is there is no real metric for accomplishment. Public companies are under the scrutiny of investors but there is no check in place to make sure government is functioning well. Electing a new government won’t change the problem as the career people transfer over.

Which is it alt-righters?

A)The deepstate is just an idiot acting independently and reveling his deep state plan to some random

B) Super coordinated secret group controlling everything

Your propaganda is not consistent.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have told me this guy was DSA, if I was to take it seriously.

It's like saying the alt-right is apart of the deep state. It makes sense to the ignorant and uninformed.

The problem I see with federal positions is there is no real metric for accomplishment. Public companies are under the scrutiny of investors but there is no check in place to make sure government is functioning well. Electing a new government won’t change the problem as the career people transfer over.

Electing a new executive theoretically should solve the problem. In the real world, like you said, none of the career people can be fired. To make things more interesting, they’re 80-90% Democratic / Liberal.

Back