Proof of the Mandela effect

I edited my post you quoted to add that if parodies are to blame for influencing our memories of the actual events, how did the parodies get so many things wrong in the first place?

And I don't personally remember any bumblebee tuna jingle. I didn't even know bumblebee tuna was a real thing. Only thing I remember about that was we used to go around saying "bumblebee tuna" when I was in high school, and iirc it came from Jim carey, maybe from an Ace Ventura movie? I'm not sure.

And btw I'm not saying memory issues are necessarily to blame. Nobody knows exactly what's going on with the Mandela Effect. And I have to admit it's fun to think about parallel dimensions and time travel, etc. And who knows? For all we know, that COULD be what's causing these things. We don't understand the nature of reality, and we don't fully understand memory or how the brain works completely. So it's all just fun food for thought imo
Yup I agree
I can say with certainty that this is not a conspiracy , for by definition conspiracy requires a group of individuals conspiring against the population.
This is most certainly not being done by a group of old free
Masons or any knight Templar this is strictly a natural phenomenon that we have no idea about

i mean did you not listen to ed Mchmans rap " I was a big hit in the 80's gave out huge checks to the ladies, I knocked on the door they mouth hit the floor and got all crazy"

AFP has never knocked on any door ever they were a mail in sweepsteaks were the winners were notified by mail...

I'm just gonna let you have this one. You're right, I'm wrong. If you need to find me, I've returned back to the Berenstein Bear universe.

I'm just gonna let you have this one. You're right, I'm wrong. If you need to find me, I've returned back to the Berenstein Bear universe.
hey man I'm sorry seriously! I can't expect people to believe this at all.
Trust me I couldn't even imagine myself believing in this as well.
I never bought into aliens or Bigfoot or anything of that sort.

Ed McMahon is just the tip of the ice burg. There are many examples that deserve to be scientifically studied and scrotinized!

stupidest name ever and makes a joke out of the phenomenon at this point it should be renamed "The rearview car mirror effect "
I would rather it be called that. And just because you couldn’t come up with a cool name doesn’t mean you have to shit on everybody who did.

To me the biggest "proof" of the Mandela Effect is the Sinbad/Shazaam genie movie in the early 90's. I, like many many others, remember clearly hearing of that movie back in the early 90's. It's NOT the Shaq genie movie Kazaam --- let me repeat that, I am NOT confusing the Shaq genie movie with the Sinbad genie movie. I remember clearly when the Shaq movie came out, and it was definitely in the mid 90's. Plus Shaq was well known by the mid 90's, as was Sinbad, and NOBODY would EVER confuse Shaq with Sinbad. Just wouldn't happen. Plus I clearly remember wondering why they even made that Shaq movie, when just a few years earlier Sinbad made a genie movie and it tanked.

Now I'm not saying it's time travel effects or parallel universes or anything. But it IS truly strange that SO MANY people can remember something wrong in the EXACT same way. WHY do we remember an early 90's movie starring Sinbad, specifically? That's pretty specific for a wrong memory, and thousands of people have that erroneous memory. That's just weird.
This movie... (skip to 1 minute mark)

Have you ever woken up and thought” where the fuck am I?” And realize you are home but something seems off?

Like you know it’s your house but seems strange?

This has happened to me a number of times, normally after spending months overseas working and long ass flights back home. Exhausted and wake up in my own bed for the first time in a long time.

I guess it’s possible, that on long ass international flights, sometimes the planes swap dimensions and you wake up in an alternate reality, where many things are very slightly different.

There are a lot of Mandela effect of things that I remeber differently.

Most importantly, Mandela dieing and hearing about it

perhaps your right on a lot of the effects.
Star Wars
And Froot Loops can explain how public perception can be wrong
However there is no parody in existence to the bumblebee tuna jingle
Which goes "Bum bum bumblebee tuna"

Yet now it's "yum yum bumblebee"
It's always been yum yum bumblebee. Why would you want to associate bum with your product?

I don't think you're understanding what the Mandela Effect is, or at least is reputed to be.

I believe I do, but it's been misrepresented as some tear in the fabric of reality ITT, when it's really a memory defect.

Nobody realized this was a troll thread? Shit reads like a 13 year old posting while he's still watching the hour long youtube video on this shit.

A picture of dumb kids and Ed McMahon raps is the concrete evidence that's gonna outweigh actual pieces of history? Motherfucker can't spell ice berg, and you guys are taking this seriously? Come on....

You seriously think a photo on the internet is "actual evidence" of anything these days? For real?

^ yeah this one is weird to me too. I remember it reading "may be closer than they appear." Although I don't remember if I actually read it that way, or if I just hear it repeated as being that way and assumed that it was that way. idk.

I don't trust anything I see or read on the internet. People arguing about old pics would be better off going to their local library, checking out an old art book and seeing what the pics look like in there. Things that cannot be doctored. Don't trust ANYTHING you see online ffs.

But nobody ever does this. Nobody seems to be willing to simply go to their library and look at old books, tangible things. It's easier to google pics. And if you think Google can't doctor images or control what images are shown as search results, you're naive.

Fucking hilarious from a guy who'll believe anything in a youtube vid and was just telling me I was dumb for not believing obviously fake videos of fucking lake monsters LOL.

Don't believe everything you read buddy. Unless of course it's the definition of the word "lake".

{<jordan}

That is only ONE theory on the Mandela Effect and it's a fringe one at best. But that is what people think of now when you say Mandela Effect. I think it's much more interesting to look into the way memory works and try to track how thousands of people are misremembering specific things in the same way.

A memory fault is more interesting than parallel universes?

A memory fault is more interesting than parallel universes?

Interesting was probably the wrong word. More realistic I guess is probably a better phrase. I'm fascinated by the thought of parallel dimensions/universes, and by time travel. But realistically I think the ME is more likely a memory issue. But it is interesting, to me at least, that thousands of people can misremember something in the same way.

Many ME's are too easily explained, like remembering there being an "S" at the end of someone's last name. Or simple misspelling of words. Or even slight hand placement on a sculpture.

But one like the Sinbad genie movie Shazaam that many of us remember in the early 90's, that one is interesting. Like I said earlier, I remember specifically the Shaq movie Kazaam in the mid 90's, and this ain't that. And thousands of people are remembering a specific actor, in a specific time frame, being in a movie that we even remember the title of.....and apparently it's never existed. THAT is pretty weird. That's an awful lot of specific information about something that apparently never existed.

Last edited:
I believe I do, but it's been misrepresented as some tear in the fabric of reality ITT, when it's really a memory defect.

Well it's probably a memory defect, but the truth is that we just don't really know. It is certainly odd that SO MANY people misremember certain things in the exact same way, if it in fact it is just a memory defect.

But let's say it's not. Let's say it really is some weird dimensional thing or whatever. Your calls for proof are then misguided. Because if indeed we have collectively slipped into some alternative reality then we are now in that alternate reality, not in the original reality, so there will be no evidence beyond the collective memories of the people. You will not find any pics here, in this reality, of The Thinker with his hand to his forehead because that is not the truth of the reality that we are currently in. You would need to somehow find a way to slip back into the original reality to find those pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
But let's say it's not. Let's say it really is some weird dimensional thing or whatever. Your calls for proof are then misguided. Because if indeed we have collectively slipped into some alternative reality then we are now in that alternate reality, not in the original reality, so there will be no proof beyond the collective memories of the people. You will not find any pics here, in this reality, of The Thinker with his hand to her forehead because that is not the truth of the reality that we are currently in.

For me to seriously consider this idea, proof of alternate realities needs to be given as a basic foundation for this discussion. Otherwise, it's just pseudo-intellectual masturbation.

Might I add that this thread has "proof" in its title, yet no proof was provided? My line of questioning was therefore warranted.

By that very same reasoning, trying to prove the Mandela effect is equally as misguided, which TS set out to do.

For me to seriously consider this idea, proof of alternate realities needs to be given as a basic foundation for this discussion. Otherwise, it's just pseudo-intellectual masturbation.

Might I add that this thread has "proof" in its title, yet no proof was provided? My line of questioning was therefore warranted.

By that very same reasoning, trying to prove the Mandela effect is equally as misguided, which TS set out to do.

Well I suspect it was just meant to be a fun and speculative conversation, not something to take too seriously.

In my universe Louie Anderson definitely died. Now he plays Galifianakis mom in that show. When I first saw previews I was like holy shit I thought he died! Then I look it up and apparently many people remember the way I do.

Today's the first I heard of the ed mcmahon one. I only knew him as a kid from those pch commercials with the checks. I remember this because I saw some skit of him where he literally had a brown nose from it being in Carson s ass and being like oh shit that's where he's really from I never knew that. I think it was snl or stern

Daylight Savings became just Daylight Saving. No "s." Check older calendars if you got them, always been Daylight Saving.

Nobody realized this was a troll thread? Shit reads like a 13 year old posting while he's still watching the hour long youtube video on this shit.

A picture of dumb kids and Ed McMahon raps is the concrete evidence that's gonna outweigh actual pieces of history? Motherfucker can't spell ice berg, and you guys are taking this seriously? Come on....

Fucking hilarious from a guy who'll believe anything in a youtube vid and was just telling me I was dumb for not believing obviously fake videos of fucking lake monsters LOL.

Don't believe everything you read buddy. Unless of course it's the definition of the word "lake".

{<jordan}

I never called you dumb for not watching lake monster videos. I didn't even watch any of those myself. I simply read your posts and they are what gave me the impression that you're dumb. Has nothing to do with any videos, Jopotamus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back